Suvarnabhumi Named Best Airport In The World By European Travellers.

Suvarnabhumi named best airport by European travellers.
By English News

13655722957404-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, April 10 - Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport was named the 'Best Airport in the World "for 2012 by the Barcelona-based eDreams travel website.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Vilaiwan Nadwilai said the award was announced late last month on www.edreams.com which conducted a survey among globe-trotting netizens, mostly from Europe, who complimented the airport on various categories including service, available merchandise, cleanliness and accessibility to. the city centre.

The leading travel site connects its customers via email with the company's DreamGuides, an online community of travellers.

She credited the success to cooperation by over 200 agencies at the airport under the concept "Airport of Smiles" which aimed at enhancing travellers' satisfaction towards Suvarnabhumi airport.

The Airports Council International earlier ranked Suvarnabhumi sixth among the world's best airport for 2012 in the category of airport which serves more than 40 million passengers annually. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-04-10

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pleasure to see Suvarnabhumi International Airport in 2010. It was the most advanced airport I have sween any where. There is noting in the United States that well planned and beautiful. The article here is well taken and Thailand should be proud of a worldwode architectural and functional transporation facility. DEE MAK MAK!

Nothing like grasping at a bit of good news from a fairly obscure low budget travel website!!!!

Just be real and travel to all countries in SE Asia.

Yes Suvarnabhumi has things to improve but it is by far the best airport in SE Asia and even way better than many airports in Europe !

100 %

Best? Maybe best in Indochina region but there is no way it can beat Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong airports.

I never been to Korea so I can't evaluate their Airport but Changi (Singapore) was the best airport I've ever seen. Its simply amazing.

Maybe it is a matter of opinion, but Suvarnabhumi is far better then Changi and Hongkong any day.

• Like 2

Best? Maybe best in Indochina region but there is no way it can beat Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong airports.

I never been to Korea so I can't evaluate their Airport but Changi (Singapore) was the best airport I've ever seen. Its simply amazing.

Maybe it is a matter of opinion, but Suvarnabhumi is far better then Changi and Hongkong any day.

In which way?

I find its not even in the same league as changi or hongkong.

• Like 2

I used to travel in Asia for business up until a few years ago. In my opinion, it was hard to beat Incheon. Just so professional.

I went through Singapore a few times, and it was OK, but, it didn't interest me that much. Very clean of course.

Maybe Suvarnabhumi has improved since I was there last in September, 2011. :-)

Travel a couple of times a month through it... It definitely improved 200% since the budget crap has been moved out.

It's a breeze, takes me about 20 minutes getting out of the taxi all the way through immigration.

Internet check in...quick check at the scanners...10 minutes max at immigration.

Consistently, every time.

For me, real winner now compared to a year ago.

My pleasure to see Suvarnabhumi International Airport in 2010. It was the most advanced airport I have sween any where. There is noting in the United States that well planned and beautiful. The article here is well taken and Thailand should be proud of a worldwode architectural and functional transporation facility. DEE MAK MAK!

blink.png

Suvarnabhumi, where you need a cut lunch and a thermos and half a day in order to travel between terminals.

Very strange statement as there is only 1 Terminal at swampy.............

Could be he meant travel between Swampy and Don Muang. Just a guess.

you obviously didn't transit through Hong Kong or Singapore on route then.

MAI SABAI Mak Mak

Well done even if from an obscure location...I recon Suwanna is a cracking airport and always happy to arrive/leave ..via the lounge..although personally prefer Chiang Mai Inter contribution (near the House).

Last time I landed in Hong Kong it was at Kai Tak so cant comment on the new Chep Lap Kok.

KL,Phnom Penh and Changi are also great but those carpets..??...or have they been ditched....bit smelly.

Hanoi,Saigon,Pudong,Manila,Rangoon....ouch.....which leaves.....Incheon which I agree is pretty spectacular....but will it still be there next week....Ho Hum...

My personal opinion, - I would not say it is the best, but certainly in the top 5 in the world.

Instead of everyone Thai bashing, there are also some good things here, - and that airport is certainly one of them.

I have seen airports? Yes, nearly every one in Europe and the USA and Singapore and Hong Kong.

The Narita airport in Japan does not come anywhere close.

Credit where credit is due. This is one of the great airports of the world.

complimented the airport on various categories including service, available merchandise, cleanliness and accessibility to. the city centre

I guess the respondents have only read the brochure. sad.png

They have never been in Hong Kong

• Like 1

Best? Maybe best in Indochina region but there is no way it can beat Korea......

I never been to Korea so I can't evaluate their Airport.....

What a fantastic comment, thank you.

Anything else you'd like to rate that you've never seen, experienced or been to?

• Like 2

Pretty much all of these surveys are not worth the paper they are written on.

I just returned this evening from a Bangkok - Hong Kong - Bangkok round trip. Mind you, I have a HK resident card so I avoid all the normal queues going through immigration. This is my personal experience;

- touched down Hkg

- walked about 200 metres to get to the train station (flew TG)

- take train to main terminal

- exit train, turn left to take lift (infrequent travellers take the escalator)

- exit lift, turn right and right to smoking room for a quick puff

- exit smoking room, go through electronic channel

- exit immigration, walk to Airport Express

Time taken - 30 minutes (20 minutes without smoking break)

- touched down Bkk

- walk down stairs, get onto bus

- get off bus at gate D4, immigration

- had fast track, but immigration empty, saved 50 metres by going to normal immigration instead of fast track

- exit immigration, bought whisky and fags

- exit customs, up to top level, got into taxi

Time taken - 20 minutes

If I did not have have a resident card for Hkg, clearing immigration alone would have taken me more than 20 minutes.

Who can say which is the better airport? It all depends on your personal circumstances and LUCK!

-