Uk Settlement Visa New Price

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please quickly confirm the current fee as my wife's appointment at VFS is on Friday.

The printed online application form (done on April 25th) says 39648 baht but the email from Visa4UK after submission (also on April 25th) says 39146 baht.

Whatever it costs it is obscenely expensive.

Thanks.........

It's very confusing. From the previous post it looks like the lower figure and we did start the form before the price change, but the email received has the wrong floor for the VFS office so I don't trust that either!

I'm sure the bank at Regents House will know but I'd like the wife to know exactly before she goes there so she's not confused.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/thailand/fees/?langname=UK English 39146 according to todays web page, exchange rate quoted 46, maybe e mail to the missus so she can take along, cant argue with it if that's what they have on website, that's what I always did.

click on Type of visa at bottom of page and go to settlement all fees are there.

Edited by marstons

Thanks for both replies and links. I tried that same page repeatedly yesterday but it wouldn't work. 39146 it is then.

Is it unimportant that the application form shows the old price? I can see a mess occurring if my wife turns up with a cashier cheque for a different amount.

Thanks for both replies and links. I tried that same page repeatedly yesterday but it wouldn't work. 39146 it is then.

Is it unimportant that the application form shows the old price? I can see a mess occurring if my wife turns up with a cashier cheque for a different amount.

She is better getting the cashier cheque from the Bank in the foyer at Regent House when she does the submission. They know the up-to-date prices and who to make it payable to.

That's the plan rawhod. The correct price is confirmed as 39146. I just don't want any bullshit from a jobsworth at VFS because the application form has the old fee on it. I know what Thailand is like when it comes to paperwork!

The fee is set in Sterling by HMG.

But overseas posts adjust the local currency fee (in this case Baht) from time to time to take account of fluctuations in exchange rates.

The current fee in Baht is what the UKBA in Thailand says it is: ฿39146.

She can alter the form by hand and initial the alteration.

If staff at VFS give her any trouble she should tell them this and insist that they forward the application and fee as is.

She can alter the form by hand and initial the alteration. If staff at VFS give her any trouble she should tell them this and insist that they forward the application and fee as is.

Great advice. Thanks. I'll get her to change and initial.

The fee is on the first page of the printed application.

The printed online application form (done on April 25th) says 39648 baht but the email from Visa4UK after submission (also on April 25th) says 39146 baht.

The printed application is wrong. That was the point of my question.

And this one very helpful...not

It's not often I say that you guys in the UK have it better then us Aussies, however ...

A 'Partner Visa' or 'Prospective Marriage Visa' for Australia currently costs AUD $2,680 if lodged off shore ... roughly 80,000 Baht.

Should you, however lodge that Partner Visa application in the Lucky Country, it will set you back AUD $3,975... roughly 120,000 Baht.

Here (page 5)

So, is the UK price 'obscenely expensive' ... no, not on a relative scale.

And this one very helpful...not

It's not often I say that you guys in the UK have it better then us Aussies, however ...

A 'Partner Visa' or 'Prospective Marriage Visa' for Australia currently costs AUD $2,680 if lodged off shore ... roughly 80,000 Baht.

Should you, however lodge that Partner Visa application in the Lucky Country, it will set you back AUD $3,975... roughly 120,000 Baht.

Here (page 5)

So, is the UK price 'obscenely expensive' ... no, not on a relative scale.

thx for that information - even more obscenely expensive in Oz.