Thaksin Threatens To Use The People's Force Against The Constitutional Court If It Interferes

webfact

Thaksin said there are three branches of power - the executive, the legislative and the judiciary and the three branches should be separate. There should also be checks and balances among the three branches.

Isn't that what they're doing, being a check and balance and making sure the executive and legislative obey the law?

Yes - and that's why Dear Leader and his puppets want them marginalizes and silenced.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaskin said "the judiciary was violating the power of the executive and legislative branches".

What part is he violating when interfering from outside the country?

What credibility the red shirts may have will be lost if Thaskin can rally his "force" once again whenever he sees fit.

What is Thaskin? The fourth branch of power?

Not a democratic bone in his body. I recall several years ago when he was PM and asked about Democracy he responded with words to the effect that it was nothing more than a tool used by some Governments to attain power. I will never forget the football rattle he brought to press conferences to use when the questions got too hard. No checks and balances then or now.

Thaksin said there are three branches of power - the executive, the legislative and the judiciary and the three branches should be separate. There should also be checks and balances among the three branches.

However, he said the judiciary was violating the power of the executive and legislative branches, and thus damaging the country's credibility and the people's confidence in the system.

he is totally right about that.

the peoples force is the electorate. those who vote for the parliament that put the legislative in power. part of their job is it to pass, amend, and repeal laws.

Spoken like a true Maoist/Stalinist. It's just that some people are more equal than others, and are above any laws they chose to impose on others.

This is a convicted criminal fugitive, with additional outstanding charges, who is inciting paramiltary thugs to threaten a constitutional court whose job it is to see the elected politicians do not put themselves above the law. Treason, sedition and incitment to riot in most countries' laws.

The fact his sister and cousin broke the law in issuing a new passport to him and refuse to discuss or explain it demonstrate how already this administration holds the law in contempt. Clearly, their leader is becoming frustrated by the lack of progress in whitewashing his conviction, outstanding charges and crimes so that he can return to take power.

Anyone who thinks he is interested in democracy or improving the lot of the poor is off their rocker - and no doubt believe Mao, Stalin, Castro and Mugabe etc. were all freedom fighters who led their people to a better life.

Glad to see at least one person here on TV has their eyes open . . . clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Thaskin said "the judiciary was violating the power of the executive and legislative branches".

What credibility the red shirts may have will be lost if Thaskin can rally his "force" once again whenever he sees fit.

No, he wants to be the "only" branch of power in Thailand. Why do you think the Monarchy got so upset with him years ago?

To all the people here declaring that Thaksin belongs in jail, shouldn't that mean that you also oppose the part of the constitution that gives amnesty to the coup makers? Isn't launching a military coup a far more serious crime than signing a few pieces of paper?

• Like 2

The CC court accepted the petition for consideration.

Thaksin is telling porkies to the people.

Again

what exactly Taksin told the people?

Can you please spell his name correctly.

It is Thaksin Shiawatra and NOT Taksin who was a revered King of Thailand.

• Like 1

To all the people here declaring that Thaksin belongs in jail, shouldn't that mean that you also oppose the part of the constitution that gives amnesty to the coup makers? Isn't launching a military coup a far more serious crime than signing a few pieces of paper?

Thaksin is a life-time career criminal who has stolen billions from the people of this country, and then used his ill-gotten wealth to buy power so that he could steal more. Somehow to me that represents more than signing a few pieces of paper.

In comparison, those "criminals" that deposed him and strengthened their countries laws in an attempt to prevent this happening again should be awarded the country's undying gratitude. Their biggest mistake was being merciful to the leeches they removed from the veins of their country.

If the anti-Thaksin forces are so deserving of the country's gratitude, how come they cannot win an election, and rely on military and judicial coups to put themselves in power? It's not as if they themselves don't have enough influence in the media to get their point of view across to the Thai people.

While Thaksin may have had his flaws, at the end of the day he was still the people's choice. While Thailand was still a democracy, his opponents should only ever have used peaceful means to try and remove him. Launching a military coup was a crime, and the perpetrators should be punished.

• Like 1

While Thaksin may have had his flaws, at the end of the day he was still the people's choice. While Thailand was still a democracy, his opponents should only ever have used peaceful means to try and remove him. Launching a military coup was a crime, and the perpetrators should be punished.

Thaksin, himself, doesn't think the coup perpetrators should be punished.

He's all for their amnesty.

He even has the coup leader, himself, in his coalition government as an MP and has put him on Parliament's committee working on reconciliation.

For the amnesty of all of them (or even most of them)? I highly doubt he thinks much of Sonthi Boonyaratglin, to name just the first person I thought of off the top of my head.

He said the Constitutional Court should not play games on matters that important for the country

And Neither should he !!

Hasn't he changed his nationality to Montenegran or Venezuluan oe something ?? As he is no longer a Thai Citizen or Resident, who cares what he thinks !!

Is it me or does this tone sounds strangely desperate?

Theres a lot of that going around lately!whistling.gif

Nothing new in that, but he does pull the strings, and as long as he does, whatever he says is news.

And he does tend to get unstable under pressure.

I wonder what pressure is making him unstable at the present?

Because making a blatant threat like this is certainly the signs of both instability and pressure from some angle.

Wow, I'd never thought of myself as seeing Thailand through "rose-tinted glasses". I see the country as heading towards the same situation as Burma (except that maybe things are actually getting better over there), ruled by a corrupt elite that cannot win elections, instead relying on coup-happy generals and bent judges to stay in power, holding the masses in contempt to the point where they believe that "democracy cannot work in Thailand, because most Thai people are too stupid to vote for the right leader" (I hear this sentiment all the time from Yellow Shirt supporters).

"I hear this sentiment all the time from Yellow Shirt supporters"

All 10 of them?

Wow, I'd never thought of myself as seeing Thailand through "rose-tinted glasses". I see the country as heading towards the same situation as Burma (except that maybe things are actually getting better over there), ruled by a corrupt elite that cannot win elections, instead relying on coup-happy generals and bent judges to stay in power, holding the masses in contempt to the point where they believe that "democracy cannot work in Thailand, because most Thai people are too stupid to vote for the right leader" (I hear this sentiment all the time from Yellow Shirt supporters).

"I hear this sentiment all the time from Yellow Shirt supporters"

All 10 of them?

What do you mean? I meant that I've been told, on multiple occasions, by multiple Yellow Shirt supporters, things along the lines of "democracy cannot work in Thailand, because most Thai people are too stupid to vote for the right leader".

A complete rewrite requires a referendum. That's scary to some. Therefor the Pheu Thai led government under command of Thaksin has selected a few articles which to amend 'slightly' in order to slowly get a situation where complete rewrite will be possible without a referendum. Obviously the people gave such a huge mandate that anything done by 'their' government doesn't need any more checks or balances. Maybe only bank account balances for the poor and needy politicians who only get a meagre stipend from their thinker.

e

Thaskin said "the judiciary was violating the power of the x and legislative branches".

No, Thaksin is the ogre lurking in the background with the big axe.