Songkran Water Drenching Loi Kroh April 11

huli

Haha I havn't had the chance to go and see for myself yet (still on the job) But I guess that's kind of disgusting..

heheh yes it is & is why I avoid the moat.

I like the fun & dont mind getting wet but govt water please smile.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I havn't had the chance to go and see for myself yet (still on the job) But I guess that's kind of disgusting..

heheh yes it is & is why I avoid the moat.

I like the fun & dont mind getting wet but govt water please smile.png

Last year I know of a few people who's eyes got infected from the moat water....looked like they had been punched in the face with a baseball bat!

I feel particularly sorry for the 1000's of rats in and around the moat being disturbed! Lol

• Like 1

Tywais 57

Sitting in Up2U watching the ladies going to and fro to the BBC no doubt.

The old BBC was sufficiently sleazy to make it worth popping in now and then.

What happened to DW and who can forget Abe in the attic lol......bet he never worried about 90 days. laugh.png

• Like 1

Hello Dolly post 22

It seems to be a cultural thing.

I have heard of hotels that will not even rent an Israeli a room.

Which hotels?

I have an American born friend (doctor) who lives in Tel Aviv, has an Israeli passport and will be visiting with his wife later in the year.

I'd like to call the hotels that "will not even rent to an Israeli" and see what they have to say, though I expect the ones you are referring to are way beneath the class of hotel they will stay at.

Its the cheap, young, just out of the army isralies that have a reputation for behaving terribly. You know the ones in the transition stage between soldier and hippy Im sure the good hotels dont have problems

Bit of a mixed thread this one Songkran, Israelis and the old bar beer center smile.png

I had some great times in the Bar Beer Center and met both Max of Moon Garden fame and Blinky Bill both for the first time there, two great Chiang Mai Characters who sadly passed away last year.

I'll be out in the city with my kids tomorrow for my one day concession to playing Songkran, I'll enjoy it in the good spirit it deserves, if some idiot backpacker decides to squirt water over me once the sun comes down, they will find themselves in the nearest hospital having their water gun removed from a place where the sun doesn't shineshock1.gif

• Like 2

Tywais 57

Sitting in Up2U watching the ladies going to and fro to the BBC no doubt.

I was just there as a True Blue darts league member. Honest guv biggrin.png

Yeah right. wink.png

Aah the Darts League, who can forget the late John Ball non playing captain of The Escape, bellowing out instructions to Dennis and Adam et al. There were some really good Thai darts players around, I mean really good.

re

True Blue and the back attachment next to the beer bar entrance, Up2you.

true blue changed to gatehouse bar in july 09 and then to central boutiqe hotel in about feb 12

and do you remember her from up to you bar ?

dave 2

post-42592-0-56294800-1365774158_thumb.j

post-42592-0-41180900-1365774189_thumb.j

post-42592-0-19120600-1365774227_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

This is INSANE!!! I am farang and I know it's water festival; however, they must splash only on my terms!!! Not after 5 p.m., not on my bike, and not unless I give them written consent. I will also tell the other foreigners how to behave in this country, even if it's not my country. I know what is best for them.

I am the ethic and moral police.....ok, now let me get a beer and go to see a bar girl at 1 p.m. ????? double-standard.

There should be a new rule for farangs (yes, I say this for the irony)......no complaining when you leave your country. it makes the other countries as bad as the one you left....because you are there.

how about complaining about real-world matters.....like I have heard the women drug the babies to be quiet when they ask for money. I do notice they always have a quiet kid.......and most just walk buy to the night market to complain about this and that.......

enjoy

• Like 2

I'm wondering. Do people actually use water from the moat in theire buckets and waterguns?

I always have one loaded with vinegar.

Man the response makes me laugh. :cheesy:

I think you would find sulphuric acid even more entertaining.

I'm wondering. Do people actually use water from the moat in theire buckets and waterguns?

I always have one loaded with vinegar.

Man the response makes me laugh. cheesy.gif

I think you would find sulphuric acid even more entertaining.

Tried, but it eats through the rubber seals in the gun too fast. :(

Bit of a mixed thread this one Songkran, Israelis and the old bar beer center smile.png

I had some great times in the Bar Beer Center and met both Max of Moon Garden fame and Blinky Bill both for the first time there, two great Chiang Mai Characters who sadly passed away last year.

I'll be out in the city with my kids tomorrow for my one day concession to playing Songkran, I'll enjoy it in the good spirit it deserves, if some idiot backpacker decides to squirt water over me once the sun comes down, they will find themselves in the nearest hospital having their water gun removed from a place where the sun doesn't shineshock1.gif

I'd rather read comments about the old bar beer center than whinging about getting wet at Songkran thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I could really do without the ice water, I fail to see the reason for it? and I seriously could do without getting shot in the face. I'm going to wander down to Chiang Mai Gate in a few minutes and I fully expect to get drowned, but I don't think there will be that many farangs down there, as compared to Thapae Gate. I enjoyed watching the parade at Thapae last year but the best part was standing away from the crowds down past Mad Dog and watching the Thais dancing and enjoying themselves.

Big Like from me. smile.png

Farang are the worst. They have been instrumental in ruining a once civilised festival.

I don't think that farangs were the ones that turned the holidays into a big water battle. The Thais were doing it long before mass tourism hit these shores. However, I do agree that too many Westerners are just out to ANNOY people. They purposely shoot water straight in people's eyes and faces with powerful water guns and keep it up - following them down the street doing it over and over again. I see very few Thais purposely going out of their way to piss people off.

Only a minority of foreigners have a nasty attitude, but they really stand out. These obnoxious creeps give us all a bad name.

Songkran7-300x200.jpg

I suppose he thinks he's Rambo,it must be the only time in his life that he's shot his gun. Big gun small penis cheesy.gif

Edited by taff33

There is a thread on cm108 of farangs behaving poorly at Songkran. Unbelievable to see what some people are doing; including some guys wearing nothing more than a jock strap. Sorry I can't find it at the moment but it's there.

I posted it earlier today in the other thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632703-songkran-pictures-friday-12th/#entry6298479

There is a thread on cm108 of farangs behaving poorly at Songkran. Unbelievable to see what some people are doing; including some guys wearing nothing more than a jock strap. Sorry I can't find it at the moment but it's there.

It's a mankini bah.gif

• Like 1

Was having a bit of a water fight on muang muang today. There were some Thai photographers, possibly from a real newspaper taking photos. I watched a farang fill a bucket and look to throw it at them. I said.. "careful mate hes got an expensive camera". "Who gives a f***" and threw it at the photographer.

This is not the spirit of songran. The guy was a total C*** if i had been bigger and braver and nobody was looking i would have elbowed him in the face.

I just hate these kinds of people... no respect!

The problem is that Thailand is awash with "These kinds of people..."

I'm happy and dry- in the Philippines smile.png

Was having a bit of a water fight on muang muang today. There were some Thai photographers, possibly from a real newspaper taking photos. I watched a farang fill a bucket and look to throw it at them. I said.. "careful mate hes got an expensive camera". "Who gives a f***" and threw it at the photographer.

This is not the spirit of songran. The guy was a total C*** if i had been bigger and braver and nobody was looking i would have elbowed him in the face.

I just hate these kinds of people... no respect!

The problem is that Thailand is awash with "These kinds of people..."

I'm happy and dry- in the Philippines smile.png

No riff-raff in the Philippines? giggle.gif