Yingluck Tops List Of Politicians Thais Want To ' Rod Nam Dam Hua'

webfact

Yingluck tops list of politicians Thais want to "Rod Nam Dam Hua"
By Coconuts Bangkok

y2.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yickluck Shinawatra has ranked No.1 for Thai politicians that Songkran revelers want to Rod Nam Dam Hua (ask for blessings and forgiveness), according to the ABAC Poll Research Center.

In the ABAC Poll survey, Yingluck topped the list, grabbing 30.7% of the participants. She was followed by opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva (15.8%), former PM Chuan Leekpai (10.6%), Privy Council President Prem Tinsulanonda (6.8%) and Deputy PM Chalerm Yoobamrung (6.7%).

Also-rans include Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra, former PM Surayud Chulanont and Rak Prathet Thai Party leader and MP Chuwit Kamolvisit.

Full story; http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/04/12/yingluck-tops-list-politicians-thais-want-%E2%80%9Crod-nam-dam-hua%E2%80%9D

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-04-12

• Like 1

When you shake hands with any Thai politician, count your fingers after!

Valid for any politician, not just only Thai. Never trust those who made being a politician to their one and only profession.

THAI Visa....PM Yinluck of THAILAND...go figure!

At times I wonder about Thai, at times I simply know.

Maybe it's just me being somewhat older than her, maybe different background and upbringing, but to ask her for "blessings and forgiveness" would not enter my mind at all.

Well, as an ex-teacher in Thailand we dish out 'blessings and forgiveness' every year during Wai Kru day. It's all just mumbo jumbo to me -- as the students don't really give a sh•t anyways -- they merely ask for it 'just for good luck'. That's all it really is. There's no effort or resolve to actually DO ANYTHING to achieve their goals. Just puuuuuure luck is all they ask for.

Maybe it's just me being somewhat older than her, maybe different background and upbringing, but to ask her for "blessings and forgiveness" would not enter my mind at all.

Well, as an ex-teacher in Thailand we dish out 'blessings and forgiveness' every year during Wai Kru day. It's all just mumbo jumbo to me -- as the students don't really give a sh•t anyways -- they merely ask for it 'just for good luck'. That's all it really is. There's no effort or resolve to actually DO ANYTHING to achieve their goals. Just puuuuuure luck is all they ask for.
As an ex-teacher you really didn't understand Thai custom at all -Wai Kru day is the day the students THANK their teachers for help given not as you said ask for 'blessings and forgiveness' no wonder its all just mumbo jumbo to you!

No offense, but I think you are wrong. Wai Kru day is designed so that students can get in teachers good books and have "sob som" (retest) adinffinitum.

When you shake hands with any Thai politician, count your fingers after!

Valid for any politician, not just only Thai. Never trust those who made being a politician to their one and only profession.

Exactly correct. clap2.gif

The students do it because they have to.

Edited by Markaew