Swede Gets Death Penalty In Malaysia For Drugs

webfact

4.3 Kgs is a bit hard to deny for personal use or any knowledge within one's baggage (hardly a plant). Don't worry about the humane conditions of your cell - it is only temporary. No compassion from my side. Drugs are the scourge of the 20th and 21st centuries and is compounding. Whoever this lot was meant for - destruction of themselves or people around them will ensue so you may as well have destroyed them yourself. Karma has a way of evening things out. And since there is no confession, remorse or any mention of where the drugs originated from I think the sooner the sentence is carried out, the better.

Oh please !! How despicable can a human be ... Well here is the perfect example ... Man ! I feel very sad for you !!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.3 Kgs is a bit hard to deny for personal use or any knowledge within one's baggage (hardly a plant). Don't worry about the humane conditions of your cell - it is only temporary. No compassion from my side. Drugs are the scourge of the 20th and 21st centuries and is compounding. Whoever this lot was meant for - destruction of themselves or people around them will ensue so you may as well have destroyed them yourself. Karma has a way of evening things out. And since there is no confession, remorse or any mention of where the drugs originated from I think the sooner the sentence is carried out, the better.

Oh Pfff.. No matter ... Hardly a reason to put someone to death considering so many other crimes committed that go totally but totally unpunished and that are far more severe, serious and that have killed numerous people ... I still think this is a set up and rubbish and even if it wasn't // Death penalty ... !!?? Please ... Where is the world going believimg all this hypocrisy from these countries .///

I agree with you on the death penalty - shouldn't happen, but to say that one crime shouldn't be punished because others, that are 'far more severe, serious and have killed numerous people' without giving examples is quite silly

Do a little research and you'll find that drugs have been as much a part of humanity for a third of a million years, as fire or food or procreation. For you to believe that every bit of illegal recreational drug will destroy lives - shows how successfully indoctrinated you've become, by the lobbyists for the one legal rec.drug - which also happens to be the most harmful rec.drug worldwide. You get one guess which drug that is. And don't get me started on pharma drugs, which are more deadly and destroy more families than all illegal drugs combined.

The following is lifted from this page

"Alcohol is by far the most dangerous drug in the UK, according to an authoritative study.

The study by former government drug czar David Nutt rated drugs based on harm caused to users and harm caused to others. These findings back up claims that got Nutt fired about the hypocrisy of certain drug laws.

Alcohol scored 72 on the rating system. It was followed by heroin (55), crack (54), crystal meth (33) cocaine (27), tobacco (26), amphetamine/speed (23), cannabis (20), GHB (18), benzodiazepines (15), ketamine (15), methadone (13), butane (10), qat (9), ecstasy (9), anabolic steroids (9), LSD (7), buprenorphine (6) and magic mushrooms (5). Again, that's 3.6 times as dangerous as pot."

• Like 2

Do a little research and you'll find that drugs have been as much a part of humanity for a third of a million years, as fire or food or procreation. For you to believe that every bit of illegal recreational drug will destroy lives - shows how successfully indoctrinated you've become, by the lobbyists for the one legal rec.drug - which also happens to be the most harmful rec.drug worldwide. You get one guess which drug that is. And don't get me started on pharma drugs, which are more deadly and destroy more families than all illegal drugs combined.

The following is lifted from this page

"Alcohol is by far the most dangerous drug in the UK, according to an authoritative study.

The study by former government drug czar David Nutt rated drugs based on harm caused to users and harm caused to others. These findings back up claims that got Nutt fired about the hypocrisy of certain drug laws.

Alcohol scored 72 on the rating system. It was followed by heroin (55), crack (54), crystal meth (33) cocaine (27), tobacco (26), amphetamine/speed (23), cannabis (20), GHB (18), benzodiazepines (15), ketamine (15), methadone (13), butane (10), qat (9), ecstasy (9), anabolic steroids (9), LSD (7), buprenorphine (6) and magic mushrooms (5). Again, that's 3.6 times as dangerous as pot."

I agree totally.

However, the fact that the authorities choose to make innocuous durgs illegal is the reason that they are so expensive.

We never know who the drug barons really are (do your own research - of course we know)

It's the bleedin aristocracy thats who.

You know the ones who keep it illegal so they can continue to live in luxury!!!!

Shuffles off muttering the old old song: She was poor but she was honest,

victim of a rich man's whim.....

and do you think there is any chance to change it? cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifwub.png

The thread is about a man who has been given the death penalty. It is not about the hypocrisy of drug laws or the relative danger of different drugs. Although such information is interesting and informative, it is off-topic in this thread.

Thanks.

Actions have consequences and in this case the consequence for importing drugs was well publicized so he can't plead ignorance. I am sorry he is looking at such draconian punishment but he knew it was a risk and he decided to take it. At some point in time we all have to be held accountable for our behavior and this is but another in a long line of examples about what happens if you try to transit drugs through Malaysia.

I strongly disagree with their policy of execution for trafficking cannabis, but I would allow for the execution for methamphetamine which itself kills many people and destroys families.

Alcohol kills more and destroys more families than meth and all other illegal drugs put together.

I tend to differ. It is not the alcohol that kills and destroys but the senseless behaviour of the drinker. blink.png

If you say; " It is not the alcohol that kills and destroys but the senseless behaviour of the drinker." .....then could you then say, "it is not the heroin or speed or crack which kills and destroys, it is the behavior of the user" ?

It's along the lines of the famous American justification for any and all sorts of guns: "It's not the guns which kill people, it's the person shooting them."

Then we could project that to show; "If war breaks out in the Korean peninsula, it's not the nuclear weapons which are killing people, it's the nutzoid behaviour of N.Korea's leader."

I admit, I don't know where this is going, except to say: The war on drugs is causing much more problems than it seeks to fix.