Anybody Spotted Nutritional Yeast? For Vegans?

Hey expatsupreme.....I'm not sure how much help this will be, since I have not tried it myself and can't point you toward a place to buy pure nutritional yeast.....but I have seen "Marmite" and "Vegemite" for sale at Villa Market, Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok.

Not 100% yeast, but yeast is the main ingredient in both products.......and many Aussies swear by it. biggrin.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

CHEERS!

D

As a vegetarian many many years ago we used to buy powdered yeast and use it in cooking stuff like soya bean hamburgers . Very experimental cooking techniques that failed to survive thank goodness.

There are a couple of different types of yeast but the yeast for bread making should provide the Vitimin B you are looking for.

I have never been a home brewer but the scaricity of yeast would not be because home brewing is illegal in Thailand . Just posing a question not discussing illegal activities .

I've seen it somewhere in the last 2 weeks. I have been traveling around a bit lately and always stop at the big stores in the cities. I think I saw it in the Korat Makro. It was over where they have the nuts and bulk spices. Love it on popcorn and buttered noodles, but didn't buy it--now I wish I had.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

HI we would like to mention we sell Nutritional yeast in our online health food store in Thailand. Order online and we shall ship by EMS. We have very limited quantities though.
IT can be found in our gluten-free category

http://www.healthfoodthailand.com/gluten-free-c-1_25.html

Shipping and total is calculated automatically through the shopping cart system.

Thank you.. please check out our other super foods, health foods, raw nuts and many other hard to find items in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know where everyone thinks it tastes like cheese. Obviously everyone's taste buds are different. I tried it on air popped popcorn and I thought it tasted terrible. Eventually, I ended up throwing the nutritional yeast out with the garbage. Now I just eat the popcorn plain.

• 9 months later...