Any Bank Can Open The Foreign Currency Saving Account In Cm?

jiangaq

It has become much more difficult recently. I think some banks want a minimum deposit amount, a number which I can't recall but is quite high (IMO). Also if you are an American looking to deposit USD, don't be surprised if they hand you a U.S. tax form and ask you to sign it. The BoT also has some strict guidelines for where the funds can originate from.

Best to approach a bank you already have a relationship with and ask them.

Edit: why not use an ATM to buy THB using currency exchange when you need it? You will get the best rate that way.

Edited by elektrified

It has become much more difficult recently. I think some banks want a minimum deposit amount, a number which I can't recall but is quite high (IMO). Also if you are an American looking to deposit USD, don't be surprised if they hand you a U.S. tax form and ask you to sign it. The BoT also has some strict guidelines for where the funds can originate from.

Edit: why not use an ATM to buy THB using currency exchange when you need it? You will get the best rate that way.

cause I have some USD with me, I just would like to save them in the bank.

Maybe a safety deposit box? A few in Bangkok and banks have them though most are taken and long lines. I remember seeing one around Silom in bangkok advertised looked very professional, good security and such.

I would also recommend a safety deposit box.

Things are tightening up here. I was recently called by my broker and asked to come in and sign some papers which they told me all foreigners had to sign now. When I got there, I was handed (no joke) about 60 papers to sign. When I asked what it was all about I was told "new anti money laundering legislation and police check."

I would also recommend a safety deposit box.

Things are tightening up here. I was recently called by my broker and asked to come in and sign some papers which they told me all foreigners had to sign now. When I got there, I was handed (no joke) about 60 papers to sign. When I asked what it was all about I was told "new anti money laundering legislation and police check."

WOW...so amazing!

Thanks for your advice anyway.

Depositing cash to a FC account may incur some charge (like 1%). They are best for wire transfers coming in which do not have that fee.

ATM is more expensive thn doing the exchange inside the bank (no fee).

I have several FC accounts at kasikorn bank, but have had them for several years so don't know what the hurdles are now.

It seems no FC account at kbank, am I wrong?

Don't' know hurdles to open now but I have USD, CHF and AUD accounts opened at kbank on Changklan road 2-3 years ago.

Look at this link. http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/BankAccounts/FCD/Pages/ForResidentAccount.aspx

From reading rules appears only available to foreigners who have established residence in Thailand.

Edited by bjohn34