Yingluck Helps Sister Yaowapa Campaign In Chiang Mai

webfact

"It's no use exchanging verbal barbs because it only brings pain. I'd rather concentrate on working and do everything for the country."............a few on these boards could benefit Tvisa by following this sound judgement

i can only assume you are referring to her first sentence, as the second is a blatant lie. Unless you can reconcile giving her fugitive criminal brother a passport, and the corrupt mess that is the rice scam with "do everything for the country."

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"she could continue running the country for 12 years"

Well, maybe after we changed yet another article in the constitution? No mention in article 201 of the 1997 constitution, but in the 2007 version in section 171 we have this sentence:

The Prime Minister shall not hold office for more than eight consecutive years.

yes but a family dynasty - big brother, big sistet, little sister, son of big brother - 8 years each. Then start again because the wording says 'condecutive years".

Keep it in the family "firm". Borgias, Tudors, etc.............. now the Shiniwatras. Can't wait to see the Holywood version - Tom Hanks for big T ??

Overworked? PMs of countries with far larger area, population and economy still manage to appear in parliament to put forward policies and answer the opposition's questions. OTOH most of them have had actual experience of "work" without the advantages of nepotism and cronyism.

Overworked keeping track of her frequent flyer miles maybe

changing outfit 4 times a day is hard work

People in positions of power helping relatives - happens all over the world

Still doesn't make it right.

Nope, also doesn't make it extraordinary or different or 'typical' Thai/Thaksin etc . . .

If it's not extraordinary, perhaps you could give us a few examples where one family so dominates the political scene, heads the police force, has major representation in the army, has had as many members banned from politics for corruption, and has accumulated so much wealth through corrupt practises?

• Like 1

Nope, also doesn't make it extraordinary or different or 'typical' Thai/Thaksin etc . . .

If it's not extraordinary, perhaps you could give us a few examples where one family so dominates the political scene, heads the police force, has major representation in the army, has had as many members banned from politics for corruption, and has accumulated so much wealth through corrupt practises?

You should learn to read . . . I clearly stated that it is not extraordinary for people in power to help relatives. If you want to expand the discussion then at least start anew instead of taking my post out of context . . .

As an aside I could probably name a few instances of massive nepotism, which is also not that extraordinary if you were well read in world affairs, but then you have been specific to the extreme, pretty much negating any further discussion . . .

There are many examples that come close - Mugabe, Papa Doc Duvalier, Rajaprakse family in Sri Lanka.

But the one that just about fits the bill is Marcos.

• Like 1

There are many examples that come close - Mugabe, Papa Doc Duvalier, Rajaprakse family in Sri Lanka.

When one has an agenda the blindness is common

• Like 1

Well only the blind cannot see the Shinawatra agenda.

Well only the blind cannot see the Shinawatra agenda.

Where is the fool who can't see it? Where are the fools who can only see it and nothing else?

Where is the fool who can't see it? Where are the fools who can only see it and nothing else?

The fools who can't see the Shin agenda? All over the place including here on Thaivisa. The brainwashed, the paid-for-vote electors, and those who think corruption is OK.

The fools who can see it & nothing else? Probably those who have suffered the most.

Overworked? PMs of countries with far larger area, population and economy still manage to appear in parliament to put forward policies and answer the opposition's questions. OTOH most of them have had actual experience of "work" without the advantages of nepotism and cronyism.

Overworked keeping track of her frequent flyer miles maybe

Flyer Miles +++ the daily wares ( wears ) //// what will I wear at tomorrow morning's 10 .00 o'clock meeting ,,,, and then, oh right for the lunch meeting and then need time to do a change for the 4 PM one ... and ah shoot ... what will I wear for that dinner meeting...I'm running out of all these cute outfits...!! OMG I need to go shopping in Paris NOW..... Help Yao!! Can you attend that Amnesty Bill Reading This Week.........Pleeeaaase

The fools who can't see the Shin agenda? All over the place including here on Thaivisa. The brainwashed, the paid-for-vote electors, and those who think corruption is OK.

The fools who can see it & nothing else? Probably those who have suffered the most.

I honestly don't see (m)any here on Thaivisa and I really couldn't give a toss either way in the whole Shinawatra soap-opera, but people who work on an agenda - like OzMick - need to realise that Thailand is not unique in its corruption and top-down fiefdomesque system - nor is it unique to one family or group . . . because that, in turn, leaves the door open for reverse-apologists.

I honestly don't see (m)any here on Thaivisa and I really couldn't give a toss either way in the whole Shinawatra soap-opera, but people who work on an agenda - like OzMick - need to realise that Thailand is not unique in its corruption and top-down fiefdomesque system - nor is it unique to one family or group . . . because that, in turn, leaves the door open for reverse-apologists.

On Thaivisa I agree that there are not many but there is a hard core with their own unvarying opinion (agenda - probably not). I am not aware of any agenda of Ozmick - strong opinions, yes but what is your evidence of an agenda?

I would think that most are aware of the 'fiefdomesque' type of set up here and elsewhere but the point is that when one fiefdom controls the country it leads to a dictatorship style of governing. That family fiefdoms are elsewhere is not a good argument to defend any examples, especially the power mad ones.

• Like 1

On Thaivisa I agree that there are not many but there is a hard core with their own unvarying opinion (agenda - probably not). I am not aware of any agenda of Ozmick - strong opinions, yes but what is your evidence of an agenda?

I would think that most are aware of the 'fiefdomesque' type of set up here and elsewhere but the point is that when one fiefdom controls the country it leads to a dictatorship style of governing. That family fiefdoms are elsewhere is not a good argument to defend any examples, especially the power mad ones.

OzMick took exception to my saying that cronyism isn't extraordinarily a Thai affair by listing the Thaksin crimes and challenging to name anyone else that would come close . . . which was responded to by listing quite a few despots both in the region and not.

Never was there a mention of 'defending' anyone . . . that assumption was taken by OzMick.

The Thaksin clan wasn't the first and they won't be the last to go down this road, but if people focus solely on them and become blind-eye apologists for others then there is a definite disconnect between realty and bias

Never was there a mention of 'defending' anyone . . . that assumption was taken by OzMick.

The Thaksin clan wasn't the first and they won't be the last to go down this road, but if people focus solely on them and become blind-eye apologists for others then there is a definite disconnect between realty and bias

I'm not going any further into what Ozmick or you said a number of posts ago.

Certainly the Shinawatra clan aren't the first & won't be the last to go down this road. But you seem to miss the point that they have a greater affect on Thailand currently than any other. I live here and I have a great liking for the country and don't want to see it become a quasi dictatorship which is what happens when corrupt power mad individuals are allowed to achieve their aims. One has to focus on the nearest & worst.

And that is exactly what I was also going to say .... We are focussed on this ( Shinawatra clan ) because we live HERE....end of story ... ! If we lived elsewhere we would be focussed on what happens there which yes of course could be a similar situation /... EG If I lived in the Philippines now or in the years of dear Imelda ( Marcos ).. I would be focussed on discussing that situation ... But I live HERE and most of the other posters and we are talking about the situation here in Thailand where we live ... !

• Like 2

PM Yingluck already has a relative in government, the Minister of Foreign Affairs Surapong who is cousin-in-law (his aunt married her uncle). Of course that's not the same as having your older sister to advise you in parliament or government. I'm sure that when/if k. Yaowapa is elected, PM Yingluck will use her criteria again on selecting cabinet members, knowledge, capability, potential, suitability. One of these days Ms. Yingluck might even get it right, finally, after four or five iterations. I feel sorry for those replaced, they failed somehow and all know it.

I'm not going any further into what Ozmick or you said a number of posts ago.

Certainly the Shinawatra clan aren't the first & won't be the last to go down this road. But you seem to miss the point that they have a greater affect on Thailand currently than any other. I live here and I have a great liking for the country and don't want to see it become a quasi dictatorship which is what happens when corrupt power mad individuals are allowed to achieve their aims. One has to focus on the nearest & worst.

And that is exactly what I was also going to say .... We are focussed on this ( Shinawatra clan ) because we live HERE....end of story ... ! If we lived elsewhere we would be focussed on what happens there which yes of course could be a similar situation /... EG If I lived in the Philippines now or in the years of dear Imelda ( Marcos ).. I would be focussed on discussing that situation ... But I live HERE and most of the other posters and we are talking about the situation here in Thailand where we live ... !

I believe the 'strong opinionated' Ozmick may spend the majority of his time in Australia.......of course I may also be corrected on this......not that I see any reason to bring this up......only you did!

• Like 2