Burmese Restaurant.....where?

ricklev

Just watched the new CNN Anthony Bourdain show. The first episode has him in Burma. Available for free streaming here: http://edition.cnn.com/video/shows/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown/episode1?hpt=hp_livenow

Now I want to go eat some Burmese food. I know there are at least a couple of cheap hole in the wall Burmese restaurants in Pratunam, but I don't know where. Can anyone give me the exact location of a Burmese restaurant/food stall. It doesn't have to be in Pratunam. I'm in the mood for the tea leaf salad.

Thanks!

• Like 2

There are few around suk 71 phra khanong .1st is called BK Restaurant burmese indian heritage between soi 3 -5 .a full menu of currys from both india and burma .i get the non veg bumese thali for 90 baht awesome value and nice ppl to boot also air coned for those steamy days .2nd is in the phra khanong market on the opposite side of the road will take a little walking around to find it.Called Mona's this is stall with tea leaf salad , currys a no english is spoken and the menu is in burmese script only so its point and try average meal 30 - 60 baht .Mona has been here in Bkk after escaping her home some 20 yrs ago if i understood her correctly .Hope this helps ---G

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
changed to Suk 71
  • Like 2

There are few around suk 71 phra khanong .1st is called BK Restaurant burmese indian heritage between soi 3 -5 .a full menu of currys from both india and burma .i get the non veg bumese thali for 90 baht awesome value and nice ppl to boot also air coned for those steamy days .2nd is in the phra khanong market on the opposite side of the road will take a little walking around to find it.Called Mona's this is stall with tea leaf salad , currys a no english is spoken and the menu is in burmese script only so its point and try average meal 30 - 60 baht .Mona has been here in Bkk after escaping her home some 20 yrs ago if i understood her correctly .Hope this helps ---G

Thanks. I'll give them both a try!

I believe the country is known as Myanmar .

You can properly call it either name. Some opposition leaders there still call it Burma.

BTW, for those who want to use Myanmar in this context (I don't) is it proper to say Myanmar food or Myanmarese food? So far I think the answer is Myanmar food but I'm not certain.

Edited by Jingthing

Anthony is quit famous for making down to earth street situations adventurous, and common street food seem like a delicacy.

Does he still pass on every single cigarette offer?whistling.gif

Burmese? This is new! i will check his show. Thanks for posting ricklev.

I ate in 2 restaurants and 2 streetfood places in Myawaddy.

It was all good but i have to add the Burmese atmospehere overrules the quality of the menu.thumbsup.gif

[EDIT]

Besides nobody is going to a pizzaria in a country outside of Italy and expect perfect cuisine...

Edited by Dancealot

Several off topic posts removed. Lets not turn this into a political discussion - fairly sure the intent of the OP was to find where there might be any Myanmar restaurants selling Burmese foods.
I've also corrected the earlier given location to Sukhumvit 71.

greg71's and Briggsy's info is correct, as far as where to find Burmese food in Bangkok.

I'm also a big fan of Burmese food - and miss it when I'm not there, but this can probably be explained by 10 years living in Myanmar. smile.png