Help: Smartphone Repair Shop

Celcius

I am looking for a photoshop in town or around town that can repair smartphones. Which will probably include opening the whole thing up and replacing a part.

Here is the other thread I found - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/556853-samsung-repair-center-official-location

My phone isn't a Samsung, although it is an Android, LG Nexus 4 to be exact. Does anyone know where I can go to get it checked out. I don't speak Thai, only English.

Let me guess: Water damage? smile.png

Anyway I'd go to Airport Plaza, top floor in the tech sextion (new wing). Several small shops that do a good job, for not too much money.

Haha might be, won't charge anymore maybe some water got into the charging port. Thanks for the tip, I will see if they can help.

yes, i used that tech section in airport plaza (3rd floor) to get the on button and home button of iphone 3gs replaced... cost like 400 baht, took 45 minutes...

Awesome! I doubt they have the piece I need replaced so I ordered it myself and then will take it there for them to install for me.

Edited by Celcius

Great news everyone. So I ordered a new piece of the Internet a couple days ago and was going to have someone install it, but shipping was said to take 5-7 days. However I was expecting the worst since I've never ordered anything online to Thailand, so I thought it might be closer to 7-10 days. I posted my situation online in another cellphone forum and a couple people suggested getting a wireless charger, which I totally forgot my phone could do. I looked and around on the Internet for some, but ordering one would take about the same time as the it would for the piece to arrive. I went down to Central Airport Plaza and found a place that sells a Nokia one, except it was 2,290 baht. Pretty pricey, but hey wireless charging is cool and I wanted to get my phone back up and running. I picked it up, went back home to find my package with the new part had arrived, quite the timing and only two days after I ordered it. Oh well, lets try this wireless charger, I might as well keep it anyways and get my phone fixed later on. Well the wireless charger from Nokia was a piece of crap, it would heat up my phone to over 50 Celsius and kept turning on and off, not sure if this was because my phone was messed up or if the charger sucked. I decided to take it back and get my phone fixed instead. Went to return it, and after a 15 minute struggle to try to explain to them that I wanted to return it, successfully got my money back. Now on to getting the new piece installed in my phone, I was assuming another English Vs Thai language battle but found a guy that could handle his own and knew what I was saying when I repeated “no charging, no charging” Gave him the part and the phone, told me it would be 200 baht, and to come back in 30 minutes. After eating a two person sundae alone, which was the most depressing and yet, delicious thing I’ve ever done, I returned and he had fixed my phone and already charged it back up to 60% which means he must have been done in about 5 minutes. He told me it was a little bit of water damage and I cursed Songkran under my breath (not too loud as it probably would have offended him). And now I am back online and my phone is good as new again.

Thanks for the help everyone, saved my phone and a bunch of baht.