No Road Deaths In Pattaya Over “Official” 7 Day Songkran Period

Rimmer

No Road deaths in Pattaya over “official” 7 day Songkran period

stats-6.jpg
PATTAYA:--Statistics are collected between 11th and 17th April every year which is also known as the 7 deadly days of Songkran. The Banglamung District Chief announced on Wednesday that the Pattaya and Banglamung areas saw no road deaths during this time.

Khun Sakchai made the announcement and confirmed this met the Provincial Governors target of no road deaths during the 7 days. The District Chief does acknowledge that the Songkran Festival is not celebrated in the area until 18th and 19th April and he urges everyone who takes part in the chaotic scenes of water fighting which will undoubtedly follow, to remain safe and act in accordance with Thai Law.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/83403/road-deaths-pattaya-official-7-day-songkran-period/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-17

Must be that I have been in Pattaya too long, but announcements like this, make me think there is more to the story, than whats being told. The post above this, has one killed near Si Racha, so I guess he died on the other side of the line, so is counted in another area. Are the police in Pattaya doing such a wonderful job, or is it just the luck of the draw, where the bodies fall?

The same is the difference between injured and dead, its a very fine line, and really shouldnt be used when making up this statistics.

If it really is true, then it's a phenomenal achievement and unlikely to be random luck. With all the road deaths nationwide in that 7-day period, there were bound to be a few in Pattaya. I would call this a big victory for local enforcement, unless this story is a flat-out lie. And yes, someone getting killed just outside the boundaries does not count against Pattaya unless the BIB dragged the corpse outside city limits after the fact.

This is crap, I witnessed an accident yesterday on Thappraya road Pattaya, motorcycle, taken to hospital but was DOA, does that not count?

They will say this is not due to road accident. The individual died of heart failure at the hospital.

Edited by USNret