Good Pizza & Bbq Spare Ribs (Us-Style)

Penangfreak

Following advise on a prior post, I tried a Seafood Pizza @ Pizza Hut 1 / Soi Sansabai. Very disappointed. Tasteless, full of semi-raw onions and unpeeled/ half-cooked tomato-wedges and burned (bitter) to really kill the deal. Because staff were very friendly I did not complain. But will not go back for sure.

Any hints where to try next? Italian or US-style ok. Bangla area please.

Also looking for some good US BBQ ribs with fries and coleslaw?

Thank you very much to help a guy new in the area. PF. wai2.gif

Not in Patong, but worth the trip IMO, the best ribs are still at what is left of Don's cafe which is Moo's Tex Mex on Soi SaiYuan, at the bend.

I have been to Moo's Tex Mex several times, and the ribs are ok and not too expensive, but it you want to eat nice ribs in Patong, I would prefer Sizzler, I saw their sign at the beach road not so far from Bangla Road. They also have some nice ribs at a irish pub named Scruffy Murphy's in Bangla Road (and serve it with coleslaw), but I like the ribs steamed before grilled, so I prefer Sizzler.

Sorry but you are in Thailand now .Try some thai food.

Not the fat food from the good ole USA

Thanks Starkey - Not just now in Thailand, but 20 some years and figured I might see if there is a better choice of these 2 items while in Phuket for a few weeks. The Thai food I had around Patong so far was terrible, as I have no insider knowledge in this location yet.wai2.gif PF.

Not in Patong, but worth the trip IMO, the best ribs are still at what is left of Don's cafe which is Moo's Tex Mex on Soi SaiYuan, at the bend.

I have been to Moo's Tex Mex several times, and the ribs are ok and not too expensive, but it you want to eat nice ribs in Patong, I would prefer Sizzler, I saw their sign at the beach road not so far from Bangla Road. They also have some nice ribs at a irish pub named Scruffy Murphy's in Bangla Road (and serve it with coleslaw), but I like the ribs steamed before grilled, so I prefer Sizzler.

Thanks to everybody! The Phuket forum is so much nicer and less aggressive than the Pattaya one. Never realized til I started reading up. PF.

According to eezergood:

Best Pizza in Patong - La Capannina, he makes his own mozzarealla! No i dont work in this place & yes I know the owner as I have been there so many times smile.png

Check the pinned restaurants link at the top of the Phuket Forum page. I found this on page 28.

• Like 1

LOL! Like fried rice noodles, fried chicken, sticky rice and fried most everything else that Thais eat isn't fattening? Slow cooked, smoked ribs are pretty good. I make them every couple of weeks. They take at least three hours. I can't stand parboiled ribs!

LOL! Like fried rice noodles, fried chicken, sticky rice and fried most everything else that Thais eat isn't fattening? Slow cooked, smoked ribs are pretty good. I make them every couple of weeks. They take at least three hours. I can't stand parboiled ribs!

Me friend you! biggrin.png

Thanks Starkey - Not just now in Thailand, but 20 some years and figured I might see if there is a better choice of these 2 items while in Phuket for a few weeks. The Thai food I had around Patong so far was terrible, as I have no insider knowledge in this location yet.wai2.gif PF.

Thai food in Patong = Farang Thai food

+ 1 / 5555..... and every dish is sugared and full of MSG...and they using the cheapest oils and use it forever....

• Like 1

According to eezergood:

Best Pizza in Patong - La Capannina, he makes his own mozzarealla! No i dont work in this place & yes I know the owner as I have been there so many times smile.png

Check the pinned restaurants link at the top of the Phuket Forum page. I found this on page 28.

THX.

According to eezergood:

THX.

If you are really desperate you can pm me