Russian Teen Student Still In Coma After Horrific Motorbike Crash

webfact

Russian teen student still in coma after horrific motorbike crash
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Vlad Abrashko, the Russian student who was driving the motorbike involved in the high-speed accident on the bypass road two weeks ago (story here), has been discharged from hospital with a broken leg.

His passenger Sevastian Lukashov, however, remains comatose at Phuket International Hospital, a source close to the teens has confirmed to the Phuket Gazette.

With Mr Abrashko now out of the hospital, police can continue with their investigation into the accident, Wichit Police Sub Lt Somboon Malai told the Gazette this morning.

“We are waiting for the rider of the motorbike to contact us and come to the station to give a statement,” Lt Somboon said.

Opas Hutkarn, the insurance representative for Wannakij Maneerat, 39, the driver of the car involved in the accident, told the Gazette today that he also needed to consult with Mr Abrashko before his firm could move ahead with providing financial assistance to the accident victims.

“At this stage, we still need someone who was involved with the motorbike to contact me to claim for damages. However, before we can do that, we have to wait for Mr Abrashko to give his statement to police,” Mr Opas said.

“There is no need for both of the Russian teenagers to fully recover first; it’s enough if only the driver of the motorbike gives a police statement,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Russian-teen-student-still-in-coma-after-horrific-motorbike-crash-20817.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-04-18

Poor kid.

We've all done stupid things, especially as teenagers. Hopefully he can wake up, recover, and learn from this one.

Why does he have to learn from this? He was the passenger not the driver of the motorcycle so he is the innocent party

Poor kid.

We've all done stupid things, especially as teenagers. Hopefully he can wake up, recover, and learn from this one.

Why does he have to learn from this? He was the passenger not the driver of the motorcycle so he is the innocent party

Whose's confused , you or me ?

• Like 1

Poor kid.

So young on these powerfull bikes they think they are invincible with the power but no experience on when to open up and when not to, most of the time with the youngsters it is show off time, real shame for the passenger in the hands of the driver hope he pulls out of it.

I drive a car on a regular basis here in the UK and a few years ago I tried to make the transition to a motorbike on koh phangan. I immediately knew I would not be able to control it properly to be able to stay safe on the roads. Some people can pick it up right away some can't. I couldn't and decided to forget about renting bikes in Thailand. I would rather pay for a taxi or moto taxi than risk ruining my holiday or worse lose my life. The lad knew the risks. Hopefully he will wake up soon

I drive a car on a regular basis here in the UK and a few years ago I tried to make the transition to a motorbike on koh phangan. I immediately knew I would not be able to control it properly to be able to stay safe on the roads. Some people can pick it up right away some can't. I couldn't and decided to forget about renting bikes in Thailand. I would rather pay for a taxi or moto taxi than risk ruining my holiday or worse lose my life. The lad knew the risks. Hopefully he will wake up soon

Wise decision. If not for you, don't do it.

Poor kid.

Whose's confused , you or me ?

Yep, agree - some confusion there. Bleeding from the ears sounds (?) like no helmet/improper helmet/unfastened to me. If so, there's definitely at least one lesson in there for a young pillion.