Apple Service In Thailand

nikster

Why it would matter?!?! Anyway I met two of the MacZone owners before, both Thai. Not the best of circumstances as I tried to get them to replace my LCD panel at the time and he came up with all sorts of ridiculous ideas like I just made it all up, or it wasn't valid when I demoed the problem in front of him because I used an "image from the internet" that was somehow bad. They eventually replaced my LCD. But I have to admit it was a very subtle problem that most people probably wouldn't even notice.

Isn't the name 'Maczone' (also maybe iBeat) used in thai towns other than Chiangmai? If so that would mean Apple foists these names on many of their 'Authorized Sellers'. Presumably the Chiangmai owners being referred to are owners o just the Chiangmai show and not for example any Bangkok Maczone or iBeat shop.

• 4 weeks later...

I am about to try Apple service in Thailand again!! After 4 weeks since my warranty repair on my MB pro I now have a problem with my headphone jack.

My headphones won't work until I have put my laptop to sleep and then wake it again! Also volume has to be controlled from keyboard as earphone toggle doesn't work. The UK genius was baffled by this and it looks like another visit to Chonburi when I fly back to Thailand after my holiday.

I am starting to lose faith in my Apple stuff!

• 4 weeks later...

Nic, does that warrantee cover iPhone/iPad adapters too? If so, for how long?

For one year from the date of purchase.

I am just about to go to chonburi to get three - yes three! - lighting-USB cables replaced. I'm throwing in a frayed one off my iPad 3 as well. Told to go there by Apple support after a live chat. Keeping the transcript on my iPad mini handy, too, in case they cut up rough, which I fully expect them to do. If they don'tlay nice and replace the cables as the Support chap said they would, I have a direct avenue of complaint to Apple with a case reference.

More as I know it.

I am about to try Apple service in Thailand again!! After 4 weeks since my warranty repair on my MB pro I now have a problem with my headphone jack. My headphones won't work until I have put my laptop to sleep and then wake it again! Also volume has to be controlled from keyboard as earphone toggle doesn't work. The UK genius was baffled by this and it looks like another visit to Chonburi when I fly back to Thailand after my holiday. I am starting to lose faith in my Apple stuff!

Sounds more like a result of the "repair" than anything. Might be worth trying an SMC reset before returning to the service place. Did the genius in the uk try the SMC? I don't have the Apple KB to hand, but if you Google for "MacBook pro SMC reset", you should find it easily enough. If not, PM me and I'll dig it out when I get home.

I am about to try Apple service in Thailand again!! After 4 weeks since my warranty repair on my MB pro I now have a problem with my headphone jack. My headphones won't work until I have put my laptop to sleep and then wake it again! Also volume has to be controlled from keyboard as earphone toggle doesn't work. The UK genius was baffled by this and it looks like another visit to Chonburi when I fly back to Thailand after my holiday. I am starting to lose faith in my Apple stuff!

Sounds more like a result of the "repair" than anything. Might be worth trying an SMC reset before returning to the service place. Did the genius in the uk try the SMC? I don't have the Apple KB to hand, but if you Google for "MacBook pro SMC reset", you should find it easily enough. If not, PM me and I'll dig it out when I get home.

Yes tried SMC reset. Also, genius tried a few other things. Probably a 'dodgy' repair job.

I am hitting a brick wall trying to get some service here in Thailand from Apple.

How do you contact them directly to complain how terrible their support here is ?

You may want to read the first post?!

> 2 - Call the Apple customer service hotline here 001-800-65-6957 (that number is on the Apple Online Store Thailand)

Explain what the problem is and get a repair ticket. What kind if issue do you have?
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am hitting a brick wall trying to get some service here in Thailand from Apple.

How do you contact them directly to complain how terrible their support here is ?

You may want to read the first post?!

> 2 - Call the Apple customer service hotline here 001-800-65-6957 (that number is on the Apple Online Store Thailand)

Explain what the problem is and get a repair ticket. What kind if issue do you have?

I called them this morning, and after verification of product number and extended warranty... was given a repair ticket number and given three choices of where to send in BKK. The guy I spoke was in the Philippines (call centre) and was quite helpful through the process.

Apple's web site takes some navigating to find where you need to go...to get the numbersad.png (should have looked here first!wink.png )

These were the three service centres they authorize in BKK..

sorry about the Caps that is the way the email came! (copied)

MACINTOSH CENTER CO., LTD2.2 km 989 SIAM DISCOVERY CENTER, ROOM 518A, 5TH FLOOR, RAMA 1 ROAD, PATHUMWAN BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10330

Telephone 02-658-0476 to 7

second store.

ISERVE2.6 km AMARIN PLAZA 496-502, 3RD FI. 3-5,PLOENCHIT ROAD, LUMPINI, PATHUMWAN BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10330

Tel 02-652-2324 to 7

third store...

UFICON COMPANY LIMITED2.9 km 604/3 PANTIP PLAZA BUILDING,4TH FLR ROOM 411, PETCHABURI ROAD,RATCHATEVEE BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10400

Telephone 02-256-0807 to 9

Once one has the Repair ticket number from Apple, the repair stores can access that...

Now to get the Mac Air to BKK (Battery has died!) The MacIntosh service centre, they said would take one to two weeks to get replaced !

Edited by samuijimmy