History Channel On True Satellite ?

Suradit69

Is there a listing of the new channel numbers for True now that they've rearranged them?

I think I've found most of the channels I watch frequently, including BBCE which switched from 149 to 82, but the History Channel seems to have disappeared. I suppose it wasn't all that popular. Pretty soon there'll only be mindless police dramas and Chuck Norris & Steven Seagal style blood baths on movies and serials. Something tells me this could be my final subscription year.

History Channel HD is where it's been for some time Channel 122.

Seems most of the SD (Standard Definition) Channels have been dropped to make room for the High Definition ones.

Channels no longer in even a basic logical order; documentary, films and news seem to be mixed up together.

Seems most of the SD (Standard Definition) Channels have been dropped to make room for the High Definition ones.

Channels no longer in even a basic logical order; documentary, films and news seem to be mixed up together.

Ah yes, found it. Thanks.

Yes, there did seem to be something of a logical grouping before and now things seem to be randomly ordered.

Are these HD channels available on the standard "Gold" package then? Before coming out to work this morning I was trying to make sense of it all but not all the channels were up & running at 7am this morning.

Ballbreaker, thanks for the chart. I've found something similar before the recent changes but exploring on True Visions' website this morning I didn't manage to find the new one.

I'm sure once I have my favorites memorized they'll change the order again.

And I just went back to True Visions' home page. First got an error message. Second attempt and my McAfee software announced it had quarantined a Trojan. A never-ending adventure.

post-145917-0-57471000-1366345943_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

Why is Truevisions so obsessed to reshuffle their channels once every year or so? It's really annoying. Once you have become familiar where your preferred channels are located, they do it again. This time it's even worse than before, because all channels are scrambled up in seemingly random order, which makes navigating difficult. At least the most important channels had been more or less coherently grouped together before, i.e. movies, news, knowledge, so you could comfortably click through them.

I do understand that they occasionall drop channels and also add new ones, but why this random distribution and why this incessant reshuffling? Is there any technical reason for it?

But perhaps this in one of the value-added services Truevisions think they provide to their subscribers. The whole family can get together and play "Search the Channel" on boring Sundays and it provides hours and hours of free entertainment. Not.

Seems to me that if you are on the Gold package you will soon be losing several channels as they will only be available on Platinum. Couple that with the loss of EPL and in a couple of months there is no way I will continue my subscription.

What Channel is the series Banged up Abroad on now?

Is that some xxx ppv?

Not sure what you mean?

Banged up abroad is a good series interviewing people who have been locked up in foreign countries.

These comments are exactly why it is known as 'Banged up Abroad' in its country of origin - the UK - but 'Locked up Abroad' in the US.

Movie channels, on gold. I feel I lost 2 from before. Any one know where they went please?

Gone. I'm not sure if True classify this as 'new channels' or 'enhancements', but apparently they are sure that we will all enjoy it.

Typical True. Spew loads of marketing BS and slyly remove the odd channel form the existing premium channels.

Which ones did they remove? Some of them were not operational till well into yesterday & not at 8 am as advertised.

Yes channels have no system anymore, but why would they use the logic? True vision is getting worse over the years...

Typical True. Spew loads of marketing BS and slyly remove the odd channel form the existing premium channels.

Which ones did they remove? Some of them were not operational till well into yesterday & not at 8 am as advertised.

Before change

#42 True Movie Hits

#43 HBO

#44 MAX

#45 Fox Movies Premium

After Change

#42 > #46

#43 > #130 but HD

#44 > #51 Cinemax ?

#45 > #133 but HD

https://www.facebook.com/Truevisions?fref=ts their FB page. I suggest posting your disappointment there.

Edited by Mosha

Before change

#42 True Movie Hits

#43 HBO

#44 MAX

#45 Fox Movies Premium

After Change

#42 > #46

#43 > #130 but HD

#44 > #51 Cinemax ?

#45 > #133 but HD

https://www.facebook.com/Truevisions?fref=ts their FB page. I suggest posting your disappointment there.

So after the free HD ends this month Gold subscribers lose two movie channels, HBO and Fox Movies Premium right?