Truvisions Upgrade

elfpattaya

Anyone else having problems with the True Visions upgrade last night 18/4/2013. I have 6 channels with no picture or sound. Just a blank screen, no error message, they are 94,101,104,108,117 and 151. Unfortunately 5 of these are sports channels.

At present trying to contact them (haha)

Edited by elfpattaya

I think that true visions will be losing literally thousands of customers by august of this year, because i have heard that they will not be screening the English Premiere League next season. I fro one will be switching to the new cable package. so they will be losing my platinum subscription.

After 30 mins, have given up with phone call, money run out on phone. If other people are having the same problems, maybe someone will be able to get through. Only reason I pay their exorbitant prices is for the sport. If they lose the EPL it is bye bye from me.

After 30 mins, have given up with phone call, money run out on phone. If other people are having the same problems, maybe someone will be able to get through. Only reason I pay their exorbitant prices is for the sport. If they lose the EPL it is bye bye from me.

They have definitely lost the rights to screen EPL. It all depends now on whether or not the cable company that won the rights, do a deal with True as not everyone has cable.

I'm on Gold package and a bit worried with all this shake up, whether i'll be able to watch F1 this weekend on Fox Sports HD. Can someone confirm if it is still there?

It is number 152 now on my list.

Are you on Gold?

Yes gold, and I pay more for HD. About 300 Baht I think.

I'm on Gold package and a bit worried with all this shake up, whether i'll be able to watch F1 this weekend on Fox Sports HD. Can someone confirm if it is still there?

Are you on Gold?

Thanks. I think i probably do too, but to be honest, got a bit confused with all the various add on payments i can't remember for sure. Pay extra for having two receivers, pay extra for PVR service... monthly bill comes to just over 2000 baht.

Are you on Gold?

Ask to check your bill. HD started out at 300 but i think dropped to 150 (with a loss of some channels notably Fox Sports HD which pissed me off as that shows F1). I want Fox Sports HD but i don't want to have to pay an extra 500 baht to get Platinum.

Ask to check your bill. HD started out at 300 but i think dropped to 150 (with a loss of some channels notably Fox Sports HD which pissed me off as that shows F1). I want Fox Sports HD but i don't want to have to pay an extra 500 baht to get Platinum.

That rings a bit of a bell actually. Seem to recall after going through a few months of free trial, i was given the option of paying 150 baht extra per month, or lose the HD channels. I chose to pay and got about half a dozen HD channels for that, including Fox Sports. Wonder why they took away Fox Sports from you.

ask to check your bill. HD started out at 300 but i think dropped to 150 (with a loss of some channels notably Fox Sports HD which pissed me off as that shows F1). I want Fox Sports HD but i don't want to have to pay an extra 500 baht to get Platinum.

I still get all the HD channels. My bill shows 150b and 150b, which I am guessing is the breakdown of the HD services.

ask to check your bill. HD started out at 300 but i think dropped to 150 (with a loss of some channels notably Fox Sports HD which pissed me off as that shows F1). I want Fox Sports HD but i don't want to have to pay an extra 500 baht to get Platinum.

I still get all the HD channels. My bill shows 150b and 150b, which I am guessing is the breakdown of the HD services.

I get most of the HD channels free now, I am on gold and don't pay the extra

I get most of the HD channels free now, I am on gold and don't pay the extra

Is there not a promotion on now for some HD channels until the end of April ?

Like many other (it seems) I'm also confused of the breakdown of my bill now and what exactly I'm paying for. I've had so many 'deals' and free upgrades etc of which some have expired etc, I really am lost where I am with it all now. I have gold package with one extra box (500 baht) I have around 7 or 8 HD channels including TS1 AND TS2 HD + FOx sports. I also pay an extra bt150 per month for the 'a la carte' which is BBC entertainment and Cbeebies (sp) BBC entertainment is an absolute joke as it's ALL repeats, I only keep it because my daughter watches Cbeebies...

My bill is now around Bt2,300 it use to be more but last month it was Bt150 less than before and I have no idea why..

I haven't decided what I will do yet ref no Premier League (please don't call it EPL, it is extremely cringe) but I am far from happy...

H&H

True Visions think they're God.

Muck all their customers about no end, chop and change channel line-ups continually and their customer services (when you can get through) are unaware of much of what is going on.

And to make life easier, they've stopped the program-guide.

But if we customers want this "vague" service we must still pay our subscriptions.

• Like 1

This "alleged" upgrade is actually a downgrade.

Have lost sports HD channels.

Had National Geographic and National Geographic HD. 2 separate channels with different programs. Now only have National Geographic HD.

Had History channel and History HD. Now have neither.

This company True Visions is a "headless chicken"

6 months ago I cancelled True Visions internet service because of very poor and intermittent service.

Sadly I cannot go elsewhere for this type of satellite service, though I do get it through cable.

I hope they disappear up their own backsides.

Edited by Pattaya28
  • Like 1

Kudos to the "old guy" chukd, who posted the listing. Truevisions should give him a job.

I'm in BKK but also the new system seems to be a shambles of unrelated groupings, blank screens and distorted unviewable channels.

Fortunately BBC World is OK and the Radio feed is unaffected.

If I could get a sattellite radio for BBC Radio I'd give up the TV, I use a recorder for what I do watch, can fast forward through the interminable "ads" at high volume by bellowing morons.

I appreciate that True are not responsible for those annoyances.

Have not watched CNN for years 'cos of gabbling overweight weather woman, and trying to find BBC today, and chancing on CNN was surprised and alarmed to see she is still there !!

Edited by corkythecat
  • Like 2

Are you on Gold?

Why you pay extra ? I also only have gold and have HD as well without paying extra

Why you pay extra ? I also only have gold and have HD as well without paying extra

They have a long list of different promotions and free trial periods, dependent on a number of varying factors. You are probably eligible in some way. Enjoy it but keep in mind it might not last.

Why True changed the order on all channels, now you can hardly find the movie channels...

They will soon lose me as a customer, UBC only gets worse with time.

What annoys me isn't the changing of the order, it's that the software does not allow you to edit the order yourself. The box i had years ago from UBC allowed you to do this. Isn't technological progress all about getting more functions, not less? How is it, it was possible before, but now it's not. And how is it that before, they could provide on screen program information like episode number, but now they can't?

Invariably with True, it's one step forward, two steps back.

• Like 1