Murdered Foreigner's Body Found Dumped In Bags In Chainat

webfact

They have a hand, so fingerprints might be the way to identify him.

Not sure, but my country takes fingerprints when getting a new passport (did it 3 years ago at the embassy), so hopefully he's are registered also somewhere.

Makes me wonder, if there is an international organization (like Interpol) that can match any fingerprints ever taken from anybody worldwide?

Should be put in place, if not exists, and no I do not care about any privacy, bla bla. Your prints are just a way to identify you. If you have not committed a crime without gloves, nothing to worry about.

RIP to him and hope his family ever gets to know about this.

I`m in my late 50s now and during my whole lifetime, have never had my finger prints taken and I doubt whether I am an exception to the rule.

This appears to be another John Doe foreigner death we can add to the statistics.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to the family of whoever this person is.

A few years back, I had the police visit every Farang in my (then) village and take finger prints.

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal.

So underwater dismembering is completely ruled out then. thumbsup.gif

Neat cut most likely done with a chainsaw!!! Please tell me how one can operate a chainsaw underwater. Also, why would you want to dismember someone underwater in the first place???

Go back to the beginning and read it again ! Duhhhh

RIP poor dude...I hope that they can find out who you are...I live in Chainat and Manorom is not far from my place...there are hardly any foreigners in Chainat...thing is in all of Chainat I have been told that Manorom is the area where a few male farangs do live...mmmm....also all the canals and small rivers here are dry...its a drought ...even the Chaophaya River at the big dam near here is nearly dry as well...these canals run alongside the road so not far for someone to dump body parts from a car....

• Like 1

a neat cut, likely to have been made with a chainsaw

Somehow I can't imagine a chain saw leaving a neat cut on a body

It would if it had been in the freezer a wee while !

Whatever the reason for the murder, the corpse was probably beheaded to make IDing more difficult. He was probably dismembered to make the body more easily transportable, and less suspicious when dumping in the dry canal. You know, it would make less of a splash .....

Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal.

Neat cut most likely done with a chainsaw!!! Please tell me how one can operate a chainsaw underwater. Also, why would you want to dismember someone underwater in the first place???
Why all this rubbish about underwater business------ read it properly-----"A DRY CANAL"

Your unwarranted comments makes for very distasteful reading for any relatives------RIP

Right, so underwater definitely ruled out then. :)

By "foreigner", and mentioning his "complexion", are the police referring to someone of Afro-Caribbean origin? What does "foreigner" mean here? Usually, "foreigner" refers to one's nationality. Since the police have no idea who he is, how can they say he is not of Thai nationality.

As the locals would put it, "Now have the look khreung many!"

• Like 1

Makes you wonder what he did to deserve that....

< < < < Off topic comments deleted. > > > >

Some people are callous murderers, and I am sorry, but even sexual betrayal, robbery, drugs, or murder doesn't warrant this kind of brutality. This isn't revenge, it is bizarre mental projection of a psychopath.

The head missing is highly suggestive of a serial killer or some sort of 'hunter' mentality, either that or some muslims handywork, since they favour beheadings.

It is a terrible shame to read things like this but hey, after his head is off chopping him up wouldn't make a difference to him. I hope they catch whoever did this, and exterminate them. This is the behaviour and the exact mentality that is driving human beings backwards in development and social decency.

It's a common phrasing. It asks what did he do to deserve it in the minds of the perpetrators. In other words, it's a common way of phrasing the question of why they did it. Looking for an objective basis to justify obscene behaviour is fruitless, so I doubt that any normal people presume that might be good reasons to chop someone up.

Whatever the reason for the murder, the corpse was probably beheaded to make IDing more difficult. He was probably dismembered to make the body more easily transportable, and less suspicious when dumping in the dry canal. You know, it would make less of a splash .....

Oh my God, can't you READ?! It's English! Can't you understand the language? Or maybe you can read it, but you cannot comprehend it. Dry! It was a DRY canal! Dry, dry, dry, dry D-R-Y! You know, no water?? Have you ever gone swimming in a DRY canal? You can't! Doesn't matter if it's the near canal or the far canal, you can't undergo any water-based activities in a dry canal. I'm so outraged that you could read an article about a dismembered human body dumped in a canal, and somehow miss the word dry, and assume that the canal had water in it. It's so outrageous, I can't help asking if you can even read! It's so infuriating, I'm starting to froth at the mouth!

But then... you could be speaking figuratively. About the splash. I never thought of that. Mmm.

Edited by aboctok

He must have really pissed of his missus. I'm assuming that the TV detectives are implicating her in this. A chainsaw might be too heavy for a Thai woman to handle and so likely that her brother cut up the body. I'm saying 'brother' but of course mean her Thai husband.

Take care, could happen to any of us. Mark my words.

What a total crock of xxxx man.U havnt see a thai woman with no strength have u???

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

Every new story seems to draw the stupidity of the TV readers into the open. Of course some are more stupid than others.

Dazzletoad: "either that or some muslims handywork, since they favour beheadings."

Biggsy: By "foreigner", and mentioning his "complexion", are the police referring to someone of Afro-Caribbean origin?

Payboy: So underwater dismembering is completely ruled out then.

KC 71: It would if it had been in the freezer a wee while !

Louisblackbird: Must of been robbed

Cheesyd: He must have really pissed of his missus. I'm assuming that the TV detectives are implicating her in this. A chainsaw might be too heavy for a Thai woman to handle and so likely that her brother cut up the body.

Markaew: Compared to the number of foreigners here, this death is not concerning it's not that many.

Rickster: "Aged between 25-30yrs given his complexion" but there was no head?????

i agree,totaly useless posts

• Like 1

Great,

Plan to spend a few months in this area next june/july, I hope they don't treat all the farang like this!....

​some one console me about this decision! please!!....

RIP to the victim.

Seems like most people didn't read the article. The police believe it was done at another location and dumped there.

So I would not worry to much about it.

It is my hope that the victim did not suffer that death was quick.

Also identity can be found fast so as his family can begin the closure process.

Believe me it is a long one and not fun.

I know what will be said here:

This is common to all countries.

Compared to the number of foreigners here, this death is not concerning it's not that many.

I haven't really noticed that many foreigner deaths lately.

Folks, this is concerning to me. The balancy leaps, hangings, etc. have progressed into being stuffed into containers.

RIP. I hope it wasn't a family member that did this. sad.png

Concerns you does it? Can I ask why? You say that balcony leaps hangings etc. have " progressed" into being stuffed into containers. How can it progress since if that was the case then there would be a link between such suicide incidents and this murder? Unless you consider yourself to be a suicide risk, engage in auto erotic adventures or go around pi**ing people off why would you be any more concerned today than you were yesterday? I would guess that he will be very difficult to identify this person unless he is reported missing by somebody. There was a case when i worked in the Philippines where a caucasian guy was found floating in the sea near to our project with hands bound and multiple stab wounds. He was buried in an unmarked grave because there was nobody reported missing at that time. The police there don't have the resources to do DNA or other expensive tests or searches to find out the ID of a foreigner that nobody is even looking for. I hope that somebody is looking for this guy and he is ID'd but to some extent it depends on somebody missing him. All very sad anyway

• Like 1

ANY death/murder is "concerning" and one too many!! Shit guys, I am enjoying every minute of my stay in Thailand........But this is really concerning.....I am now thinking that going back to SA is more safe!! hahaha

This might also be a reason why some of the guys do not mingle too much!! Stay under the radar..........And choose your family well.

I would be willing to bet that the victim was one of those who stay under the radar.

as old sailor said, it is possible to do neat cuts with a chain saw, as we have lived on the land in AUS and slaughterd our own livestock, it is much quicker and just as neat as a hand saw, ok 10 hrs dead so say he has been killed off site 4,5 maybe 6 hrs away????? R.I.P mate really hope that they get the bastar#s, also that you are identified..........

Edited by briboy

Great,

Plan to spend a few months in this area next june/july, I hope they don't treat all the farang like this!....

RIP to the victim.

No-one said he was a farang.

Edited by davejones

Great,

RIP to the victim.

"Based on a preliminary examination, police believe that the dead man was a foreigner, aged between 25- and 30-years-old, given his complexion and general appearance."

Really, perhaps a reading dysfunction?

• Like 2

Great,

RIP to the victim.

"Based on a preliminary examination, police believe that the dead man was a foreigner, aged between 25- and 30-years-old, given his complexion and general appearance."

Really, perhaps a reading dysfunction?

Have just been watching the Thai news and they say the body is Thai. Wish they would make their mind's up but what ever RIP.

Makes you wonder what he did to deserve that....

< < < < Off topic comments deleted. > > > >

Some people are callous murderers, and I am sorry, but even sexual betrayal, robbery, drugs, or murder doesn't warrant this kind of brutality. This isn't revenge, it is bizarre mental projection of a psychopath.

The head missing is highly suggestive of a serial killer or some sort of 'hunter' mentality, either that or some muslims handywork, since they favour beheadings.

It is a terrible shame to read things like this but hey, after his head is off chopping him up wouldn't make a difference to him. I hope they catch whoever did this, and exterminate them. This is the behaviour and the exact mentality that is driving human beings backwards in development and social decency.

You're jumping to conclusions.

There's no proof that the person was murdered. Cutting up the body makes disposal easier. Taking off the head makes identification difficult.

Why all this rubbish about underwater business------ read it properly-----"A DRY CANAL"

Your unwarranted comments makes for very distasteful reading for any relatives------RIP

Relatives won't be upset.......they don't know he's dead. He is unidentified and Mystic Meg is not on the case