Murdered Foreigner's Body Found Dumped In Bags In Chainat

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tropo: what alternative conclusions might you offer based on what has been presented

Use your imagination.

A useless response.

It's for the best. Suggesting alternative scenarios usually ends up starting off a flamefest because people start to take them seriously.

Edited by tropo

Great,

Plan to spend a few months in this area next june/july, I hope they don't treat all the farang like this!....

​some one console me about this decision! please!!....

RIP to the victim.

No-one said he was a farang.

"Based on a preliminary examination, police believe that the dead man was a foreigner, aged between 25- and 30-years-old, given his complexion and general appearance."

Really, perhaps a reading dysfunction?

Certainly every time I see the word foreigner I think of anybody BUT Farangs. Nearly every time the police refer to someone as a foreigner it turns out to be someone from a country other than those associated with people of the Caucasian persuasion.

I would also like to express my deepest sympathies to the family of the victim and hope that the perpetrators are apprehended quickly and brought to justice.

RIP stranger.

Edited by midasthailand

"Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal. He had been dead for at least 10 hours when his dismembered body was discovered."

Common practice. A couple years ago a Thai woman from Rangsit killed her foreigner husband and dumped his body in Korat. I was living in Korat when they discovered the body there.

So if you know of 1 case that happened a couple of years ago, and now this case (though, nobody knows if it was his wife that did it), then you think it's common practise?

Whatever the reason for the murder, the corpse was probably beheaded to make IDing more difficult. He was probably dismembered to make the body more easily transportable, and less suspicious when dumping in the dry canal. You know, it would make less of a splash .....

who said it was murder? That would be difficult to prove. All that has been stated is that the body was dismembered. Maybe, forensic examination could determine if the body was alive when dismembered, I dont know.

Whatever the reason for the murder, the corpse was probably beheaded to make IDing more difficult. He was probably dismembered to make the body more easily transportable, and less suspicious when dumping in the dry canal. You know, it would make less of a splash .....

who said it was murder? That would be difficult to prove. All that has been stated is that the body was dismembered. Maybe, forensic examination could determine if the body was alive when dismembered, I dont know.

Why would someone want to get rid of a human body if the person died of natural causes.

By the way, you think normal people would have the guts to cut up a human body just like that ?

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

I know what will be said here:

This is common to all countries.

Compared to the number of foreigners here, this death is not concerning it's not that many.

I haven't really noticed that many foreigner deaths lately.

Folks, this is concerning to me. The balancy leaps, hangings, etc. have progressed into being stuffed into containers.

RIP. I hope it wasn't a family member that did this. sad.png

Concerns you does it? Can I ask why? You say that balcony leaps hangings etc. have " progressed" into being stuffed into containers. How can it progress since if that was the case then there would be a link between such suicide incidents and this murder? Unless you consider yourself to be a suicide risk, engage in auto erotic adventures or go around pi**ing people off why would you be any more concerned today than you were yesterday? I would guess that he will be very difficult to identify this person unless he is reported missing by somebody. There was a case when i worked in the Philippines where a caucasian guy was found floating in the sea near to our project with hands bound and multiple stab wounds. He was buried in an unmarked grave because there was nobody reported missing at that time. The police there don't have the resources to do DNA or other expensive tests or searches to find out the ID of a foreigner that nobody is even looking for. I hope that somebody is looking for this guy and he is ID'd but to some extent it depends on somebody missing him. All very sad anyway

I love comments like yours. It's entertaining that you think you are exempt from such happenings. Maybe you can share with us some identifying marks on you so we can ID you. Of course, it can't happen to you, right?

"Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal. He had been dead for at least 10 hours when his dismembered body was discovered."

Common practice. A couple years ago a Thai woman from Rangsit killed her foreigner husband and dumped his body in Korat. I was living in Korat when they discovered the body there.

So if you know of 1 case that happened a couple of years ago, and now this case (though, nobody knows if it was his wife that did it), then you think it's common practice?

These are the ones in the news that you can know about. It's common practice or the police wouldn't have come to that conclusion so quickly. They aren't know for their investigative prowess.

RIP and hope it was not a painful death.

no im sure that if someone did this to another human being he would have ensured comfort and consideration ...im betting perhaps he read poetry whilst doing it ...possibly shelley or keats maybe even the third act from julius caesar ......<deleted>

Grim. bah.gif

Obviously not a fan of "DEXTER"...

'Nothing to identify the body' - but a left hand was found - the extremely poor Thai forensics are an aid to criminals.

What does forensics have to do with it? What percentage of the Thai population have been finger printed and cataloged?

By "foreigner", and mentioning his "complexion", are the police referring to someone of Afro-Caribbean origin? What does "foreigner" mean here? Usually, "foreigner" refers to one's nationality. Since the police have no idea who he is, how can they say he is not of Thai nationality.

As the locals would put it, "Now have the look khreung many!"

It turns out he is indeed a Thai.

But poster "aguy30" who called me and others stupid is indeed looking pretty stupid himself now.

giggle.gif

Makes you wonder what he did to deserve that....

< < < < Off topic comments deleted. > > > >

Some people are callous murderers, and I am sorry, but even sexual betrayal, robbery, drugs, or murder doesn't warrant this kind of brutality. This isn't revenge, it is bizarre mental projection of a psychopath.

The head missing is highly suggestive of a serial killer or some sort of 'hunter' mentality, either that or some muslims handywork, since they favour beheadings.

It is a terrible shame to read things like this but hey, after his head is off chopping him up wouldn't make a difference to him. I hope they catch whoever did this, and exterminate them. This is the behaviour and the exact mentality that is driving human beings backwards in development and social decency.

You're jumping to conclusions.

There's no proof that the person was murdered. Cutting up the body makes disposal easier. Taking off the head makes identification difficult.

Evidence, there is no evidence. God who taught you English, leave the proof to the mathematics, and leave the evidence to the detectives and police investigators.

Evidence will emerge when the pathologist has done his job, although I would pretty much count the diced up gentleman as not being a natural death. At all.

Sheesh, and if this was a natural death, of anyone from a Prince to a Pauper, the disposal of a body in this fashion shows that the body was to be concealed, and you do not need to be Sherlock Holmes to know that.

Disposing of someone in an open grave would still be suspicious, but chopping up a human body as opposed to reporting the death and allowing the relevant authorities to deal with the matter, indicates, murder. Brutal murder. And I am assuming it was the man or woman or people who killed him, that were the ones to do the meat job.

So, to conclude, you are right, no evidence. However, based on the facts presented, I can both deduce and infer, that the man was murdered, and likely dismembered and disposed of by those responsible for his earthly departure.

Edited by Dazzletoad

Oh my God, can't you READ?! It's English! Can't you understand the language? Or maybe you can read it, but you cannot comprehend it. Dry! It was a DRY canal! Dry, dry, dry, dry D-R-Y! You know, no water?? Have you ever gone swimming in a DRY canal? You can't! Doesn't matter if it's the near canal or the far canal, you can't undergo any water-based activities in a dry canal. I'm so outraged that you could read an article about a dismembered human body dumped in a canal, and somehow miss the word dry, and assume that the canal had water in it. It's so outrageous, I can't help asking if you can even read! It's so infuriating, I'm starting to froth at the mouth!

But then... you could be speaking figuratively. About the splash. I never thought of that. Mmm.

Skorchio, I think you got a bite mate.

Aboctok, maybe you should read up on "DRY sense of humour"!!

Oh dear. ;-)

All this talk about a painless death. Has anyone ever thought that the man's head was possibly the LAST thing to be cut off while STILL ALIVE? That's the first thing I thought while reading the article. I hope it's not the case but you never know. Very sad news either way.

Edited by p_rry

^^ People usually wish that others died a painless death. We don't need to sit and go through every gruesome calculation, as the vast majority of us are not psychopaths. The vast majority of us have empathy for our fellow man.

In fact, if you read the news forum, you will find that one of the greatest frustrations shared by members is that we see far too many unnecessary deaths and accidents in Thailand and wish that the Thais would step up to the plate and enforce better traffic laws, electrical safety testing etc.

It's not that we want Thailand to emulate some of the anal excesses of health and safety laws we see in the West, it's more that we can see that the casual carnage visited upon the country could be easily reduced by applying just a little bit of common sense. Too many of us, ( including myself ) have witnessed corpses spread across the roads, and we would prefer to see and hear less of it.

I have no clue as to the circumstances behind the death of this gentleman, however I do have empathy for his death. The day I don't have empathy for my fellow man, just turn out my lights.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ANY death/murder is "concerning" and one too many!! Shit guys, I am enjoying every minute of my stay in Thailand........But this is really concerning.....I am now thinking that going back to SA is more safe!! hahaha

This might also be a reason why some of the guys do not mingle too much!! Stay under the radar..........And choose your family well.

I would be willing to bet that the victim was one of those who stay under the radar.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't a foreigner, it was a Thai. He was murdered by his gay lover because he was threatening to post videos of their bedroom antics on the net unless he payed up! The guy who murdered him was a noodle seller by the market.

as old sailor said, it is possible to do neat cuts with a chain saw, as we have lived on the land in AUS and slaughterd our own livestock, it is much quicker and just as neat as a hand saw, ok 10 hrs dead so say he has been killed off site 4,5 maybe 6 hrs away????? R.I.P mate really hope that they get the bastar#s, also that you are identified..........

I agree, but it really messes up the chainsaw. As in, what a mess back in the entire area where the drive sprocket for the chain is. A chainsaw is designed to take clean shavings from wood, not deal with wet and messy things.

The perp will probably never get that chainsaw cosmetically clean, much less microscopically clean. It is forever evidence if found, including DNA.

I hope they find the perp. Maybe someone will miss the victim and match him to the body. Maybe.

I'm with Neversure on this ... a chainsaw would be a total mess. Dump it in the ocean - far out - after a burn in a barrel with a gallon of diesel fuel. Motive: If the ID remains that of a young Thai man - I strongly suspect drugs. Come up short - really short on drugs or drug money and you need to be made an example of... A missing person report from a relative is likely to point to the real ID