Murdered Foreigner's Body Found Dumped In Bags In Chainat

webfact

Cut up human body found in bags

CHAINAT - Human body parts found in two bags at a dry canal in Manorom district are believed to be those of a male foreigner who was murdered at another location, dismembered and then dumped.

Pol Lt Col Cherd Thongchaiwattana, investigative officer at Hangnam Sakhon police station, said it was reported on Thursday night that a dog was seen at the roadside holding what appeared to be part of a human body in its mouth. Two bags were reported around 200m away.

Police were sent to the scene and found the two bags in the dry canal.

The first black bag they examined had three layers. Inside, police found two legs clothed in black jeans. The limbs had been severed at the knee with a neat cut, likely to have been made with a chainsaw. There was also a left hand and part of a shoulder in the bag.

The second bag was a fertiliser sack, with six layers. It contained the victim's torso, clothed in a black short-sleeved shirt, Arrow-brand boxers, tight black jeans and a brown belt. No head was found.

Based on a preliminary examination, police believe that the dead man was a foreigner, aged between 25- and 30-years-old, given his complexion and general appearance. No evidence to identify the victim was found.

Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal. He had been dead for at least 10 hours when his dismembered body was discovered.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-04-19

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal.

So underwater dismembering is completely ruled out then. thumbsup.gif

Neat cut most likely done with a chainsaw!!! Please tell me how one can operate a chainsaw underwater. Also, why would you want to dismember someone underwater in the first place???

Hope they can find the identity of the deceased for his families sake.

I guess the police are going to have a hard job putting this one down to 'suicide'.

You said it others thought it well said

They also went to some trouble cutting him up

Must of been robbed

Poor man

Happens all over the world

Rest in peace

Whoever you are

They have a hand, so fingerprints might be the way to identify him.

Not sure, but my country takes fingerprints when getting a new passport (did it 3 years ago at the embassy), so hopefully he's are registered also somewhere.

Makes me wonder, if there is an international organization (like Interpol) that can match any fingerprints ever taken from anybody worldwide?

Should be put in place, if not exists, and no I do not care about any privacy, bla bla. Your prints are just a way to identify you. If you have not committed a crime without gloves, nothing to worry about.

RIP to him and hope his family ever gets to know about this.

Edited by ronthai

He must have really pissed of his missus. I'm assuming that the TV detectives are implicating her in this. A chainsaw might be too heavy for a Thai woman to handle and so likely that her brother cut up the body. I'm saying 'brother' but of course mean her Thai husband.

Take care, could happen to any of us. Mark my words.

• Like 2

Great,

Plan to spend a few months in this area next june/july, I hope they don't treat all the farang like this!....

​some one console me about this decision! please!!....

RIP to the victim.

Edited by carviller

You got to be a serious hardcore sick <deleted> to do something like that.

Its not too difficult to find those kind of people in Thailand.

Edited by balo

Makes you wonder what he did to deserve that....

< < < < Off topic comments deleted. > > > >

Some people are callous murderers, and I am sorry, but even sexual betrayal, robbery, drugs, or murder doesn't warrant this kind of brutality. This isn't revenge, it is bizarre mental projection of a psychopath.

The head missing is highly suggestive of a serial killer or some sort of 'hunter' mentality, either that or some muslims handywork, since they favour beheadings.

It is a terrible shame to read things like this but hey, after his head is off chopping him up wouldn't make a difference to him. I hope they catch whoever did this, and exterminate them. This is the behaviour and the exact mentality that is driving human beings backwards in development and social decency.

Edited by metisdead
Removed off topic comments.
  • Like 2

I know what will be said here:

This is common to all countries.

Compared to the number of foreigners here, this death is not concerning it's not that many.

I haven't really noticed that many foreigner deaths lately.

Folks, this is concerning to me. The balancy leaps, hangings, etc. have progressed into being stuffed into containers.

RIP. I hope it wasn't a family member that did this. sad.png

They have a hand, so fingerprints might be the way to identify him.

Not sure, but my country takes fingerprints when getting a new passport (did it 3 years ago at the embassy), so hopefully he's are registered also somewhere.

Makes me wonder, if there is an international organization (like Interpol) that can match any fingerprints ever taken from anybody worldwide?

Should be put in place, if not exists, and no I do not care about any privacy, bla bla. Your prints are just a way to identify you. If you have not committed a crime without gloves, nothing to worry about.

RIP to him and hope his family ever gets to know about this.

I`m in my late 50s now and during my whole lifetime, have never had my finger prints taken and I doubt whether I am an exception to the rule.

This appears to be another John Doe foreigner death we can add to the statistics.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to the family of whoever this person is.

• Like 1

ANY death/murder is "concerning" and one too many!! Xxxx guys, I am enjoying every minute of my stay in Thailand........But this is really concerning.....I am now thinking that going back to SA is more safe!! hahaha

This might also be a reason why some of the guys do not mingle too much!! Stay under the radar..........And choose your family well.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal.

So underwater dismembering is completely ruled out then. thumbsup.gif

Neat cut most likely done with a chainsaw!!! Please tell me how one can operate a chainsaw underwater. Also, why would you want to dismember someone underwater in the first place???
Why all this rubbish about underwater business------ read it properly-----"A DRY CANAL"

Your unwarranted comments makes for very distasteful reading for any relatives------RIP

• Like 1

"Police suspect the man was murdered in a different location and then dumped in the canal. He had been dead for at least 10 hours when his dismembered body was discovered."

Common practice. A couple years ago a Thai woman from Rangsit killed her foreigner husband and dumped his body in Korat. I was living in Korat when they discovered the body there.

Edited by Markaew