Canceling A Work Permit In Advance?

Situation is I change jobs and am on a Non-O (marriage). So no visa problems.

What if my last day of work is a Saturday. Can I cancel my work permit on Monday? Probably I can, but I will already be in another district of Thailand on Monday...

Or can I cancel my WP in advance with the labour dept.? OR can I cancel my WP with the labour dept. in another district?

Thanks for information sharing.

If you do not produce the document stating that your old WP was cancelled they will NOT issue you with a new WP - data base on line or not - but, they will tell you to report it missing or lost at the police station nearest to where you last had it - the police will charge you 2000.00 for the document saying that you reported it missing or lost

If you do not produce the document stating that your old WP was cancelled they will NOT issue you with a new WP - data base on line or not - but, they will tell you to report it missing or lost at the police station nearest to where you last had it - the police will charge you 2000.00 for the document saying that you reported it missing or lost

Last time I reported a missing document at the police station there was no charge for the service!