Posting Things Back Home?

willfreeman

I go to the post office on the Ping river west side just North of the Narwaht bridge heading towards the Warawat market.

That is North of Thai Pa road.

They even have the boxes you need in many different sizes.

As has been said there are many Official Thai post offices what area do you live in?

I am sure you realise everything you post back to Oz will go though customs and or Quarintine and that can delay arrival time . I have used the post many times and it is very reasonable price to get stuff back to Oz.

I find the small post office in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew to be very convenient. Rarely do I have to wait. It's an official Thai post office, not one of these package shipment contractors that you see in the tourist areas.

santitham. im sure ill find one was just curious as to whether thailand had 'official' post offices or not

Every country in the world has official post offices.

I just did a fifteen-second search in Google and immediately found the address of every Thai post office in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

Da what planet are you from

There is a thing here called the post office So use it

Using the post office in my village is a nightmare at times, never any more than one serving, no matter how many people are waiting, and they are so slow.

Go to the Post Office...they are all over CM

Sansai / HG etc

If you send by post taking around 30 days its chaeper

Remember wherever you send you may pay customs duties

If the goods are used..STATE THAT..also I suggest you get the price of the goods on the low side, any duties payable maybe based on that cost

We post around 22kg to Indonesia, I think we paid 3000 BAHT

I posted a gift back to Australia using the post office. I wanted a declaration for Customs on it but they said under 2 KG not required. I tried to insist but failed. The parcel arrived okay but not sure if it was opened.

If you are sending goods to Australia through the post and the value is less than $1000.00 then they are exempt duty and GST. Alcohol and cigarettes are exempt from this concession.

• Like 1