David48

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a fleeting moment there, I thought her tears might've been as a result of your taking up the challenge I made in the "Is 40k a month enough anymore" thread - namely to tell her the monthly stipend was going the way of the dodo.

Oh come on HS, stick to the topic for the love of god, no need for cheap shots in other threads just because you missed your moment. coffee1.gif

+1

I happen to know for a fact that David's partner was a crucial part of her family business. There's a very extensive thread about said business elsewhere on the forums.

As part of her commitment to David, she had to give up her income derived from the family business. It's impractical and quite frankly unfair to leave your partner penniless and fully dependent upon you for day to day spend.

It's a thing I quite frankly detest. On the occasions I see it in action ( and trust me, I've seen it in more than one country and for more years than I care to remember ) it tells me more about the husband / male than anything else.

David's lady has made a commitment to David, a great commitment. David has reciprocated in many ways and has ensured that his lady has access to her own funds, so that she can make her own daily spending decisions.

It sticks in my mind the one occasion when I was in a relationship with a Thai lady, we went on holiday, and I saw her meandering around 7/11. Eventually she sheepishly said to me, " can you help me, I want to buy ......... but I have no money ".

I disgraced myself that day, I had a duty of care for my lady and I let her down, I will never stop kicking myself for that. It was me that had suggested the holiday, me that had encouraged her to take time off from her low paid job, it was me that created this situation.

Ensuring that your lady has funds to meet her daily needs is not a sign of weakness, it's the mark of a considerate man, in fact a gentleman. Especially when your lady has given up her income to be with you.

Let's not get into this, eh?!

My thoughts on the situation David48 and lots of other Western males put themselves in are common knowledge.

He's made his decision, he's happy with it and that's pretty much it.

For a fleeting moment there, I thought her tears might've been as a result of your taking up the challenge I made in the "Is 40k a month enough anymore" thread - namely to tell her the monthly stipend was going the way of the dodo.

Oh come on HS, stick to the topic for the love of god, no need for cheap shots in other threads just because you missed your moment. coffee1.gif

+1

I happen to know for a fact that David's partner was a crucial part of her family business. There's a very extensive thread about said business elsewhere on the forums.

As part of her commitment to David, she had to give up her income derived from the family business. It's impractical and quite frankly unfair to leave your partner penniless and fully dependent upon you for day to day spend.

It's a thing I quite frankly detest. On the occasions I see it in action ( and trust me, I've seen it in more than one country and for more years than I care to remember ) it tells me more about the husband / male than anything else.

David's lady has made a commitment to David, a great commitment. David has reciprocated in many ways and has ensured that his lady has access to her own funds, so that she can make her own daily spending decisions.

It sticks in my mind the one occasion when I was in a relationship with a Thai lady, we went on holiday, and I saw her meandering around 7/11. Eventually she sheepishly said to me, " can you help me, I want to buy ......... but I have no money ".

I disgraced myself that day, I had a duty of care for my lady and I let her down, I will never stop kicking myself for that. It was me that had suggested the holiday, me that had encouraged her to take time off from her low paid job, it was me that created this situation.

Ensuring that your lady has funds to meet her daily needs is not a sign of weakness, it's the mark of a considerate man, in fact a gentleman. Especially when your lady has given up her income to be with you.

My thoughts on the situation David48 and lots of other Western males put themselves in are common knowledge.

Ahem....do you mind? my point is valid and stands.

One problem with taking a fixed line HS is that you don't take into account situations as outlined above. You do the easy bit and stick to your fixed position......the rest of us will apply our intelligence and conscience to each given situation.

smile.png

She home sick?

Was ... not any more.

Lasted a few hours ... a long telephone chat home and was cured.

Just seems to be a phase many ladies go through ... abet, to different degrees.

Some internalise it and say nothing, some openly cry, some, as with her friend in LA ... cut short their stay and return to Thailand early.

it is not just ladies , I know of some "farangs" who go through the same thing. Some are isolated from others or other reasons . But , when they have a talk to someone from their home country they are Ok .

Ahem....do you mind? my point is valid and stands.

One problem with taking a fixed line HS is that you don't take into account situations as outlined above. You do the easy bit and stick to your fixed position......the rest of us will apply our intelligence and conscience to each given situation.

smile.png

Yes, I do mind.

Ultimately, my intelligence and conscience tells me that it's usually a good idea to avoid situations (like David48's) that are likely to complicate one's life.

After all, I don't need to plunge my hand into a pot of boiling water to know I'll get burnt, do I?

smile.png

Edited by HardenedSoul

To glom on to what theblether stated, maybe shes just a country girl and misses routine and simple life on the farm. Maybe she is overwhelmed at the challange ahead (new life).

I can tell you though, for 20-60 yo urban, educated Thais its all about traveling and seeing the world. My wife fb page is just buzzing with people tripping. Then there is Panthip and TrekingThai brigades.

While visiting her friends this Songkran I was asked if Id make a group trip for half dozen people to the Southwest US.

Wife must have three friends abroad at any given time. I bet I have one Thai aquaintence as well.

Then there are the really old friends met again thru facebook that now live abroad. Just last Saturday she had lunch with a very old friend who has been living in Oz.

My big problem is talking my wife out of staying longer. No babe, you're gonna lose your job!!

Yes, I do mind.

Ultimately, my intelligence and conscience tells me that it's usually a good idea to avoid situations (like David48's) that are likely to complicate one's life.

After all, I don't need to plunge my hand into a pot of boiling water to know I'll get burnt, do I?

Yes, but you see Ducky, it's David's choice to make, as Mr B keeps pointing out.

You have your couch dwelling lassie - that is your choice; David does his own thing too...

Which is exactly what I said in post #34

<deleted> you're all away kissing and making up and I'm writing the post above at the same time.

I give up. coffee1.gif

Sorry about that ... w00t.gif

But you know me ... I always play the ball and never the man.

Never hold grudges and always up for a beer ... drunk.gif

Given the support I and MissFarmGirl get on the Forum ... probably owe a few members a few beers ... biggrin.png

• Like 2

Yes, I do mind.

Yes, but you see Ducky, it's David's choice to make, as Mr B keeps pointing out.

You have your couch dwelling lassie - that is your choice; David does his own thing too...

Which is exactly what I said in post #34

Horses for courses though ... can we keep that discussion for the other thread ... 40k-a-month-isnt-enough-anymore

This is about home-sick Thais ... not the capacity to live in Thailand on a certain monthly wage.

Thanks ... wai.gif

Only tears where when she returned home after a few years away and when the brother died.

She got you tube, Thai supermarkets , cheap phone calls home and wine.

She uses swede instead of papaya for the salad.

She has been getting promoted a few times at work and now holds the personal license for the premises.

<deleted> you're all away kissing and making up and I'm writing the post above at the same time.

I give up. coffee1.gif

I´m not pointing fingers or anything but you seem to know an awful lot about their agenda.... Just sayin' coffee1.gif

My wife too often wakes up in tears especially if she's fed me on her mashed potatoes which tend to play merry hell with the old digestive tract if you will....

We are really lucky on that account ... just loves some simple basic Western food.

For lunch we had some exotic Thai noodle dish ... could even begin to describe it.

Tonight it's steak, mushrooms sautéed in butter and a salad which she will prepare while I cook the other (steak and mushies).

As for ...

>Crying in bed....mmmmm, not something you didnt do ? by any chance, try the liitle blue pills .....haha, only joking Dave

Note to self ... remove CharlieH from the Christmas Card list ... laugh.png

dave , i think you will have to remove other people from your xmas card list as well.

..............and so we descend into a festival of low level trolling.

Okay gents, MissFarmGirl is one of the few female Thai members of Thaivisa, she is sure to read this thread.

I suggest the mods keep an eye on this thread, and in particular question why Banzai99 has posted that stupid comment. Others are overstepping the mark too.

You can troll members like me to your hearts content, but don't be attacking our female members.

Marker down.

Carry on.

• Like 1

She will get home sick for family and friends but on the job front I don't think she will get home sick.

She would love to work in my country ... but on a Tourist Visa ... simply can't.

I work from home most of the time, so we keep busy.

Did 2 hours of English study today ... with the thought in mind when she gets a different Visa, she will be able to get a job here and contribute more to my finances and a modest amount back to her home.

• Like 1

Only tears where when she returned home after a few years away and when the brother died.

She got you tube, Thai supermarkets , cheap phone calls home and wine.

She uses swede instead of papaya for the salad.

She has been getting promoted a few times at work and now holds the personal license for the premises.

tell her also that cucumber is better

I would shed more than a few tears if my relationship was so disconnected that my BF had to resort to TV to understand my feelings

our relationship is good, not 'disconnected' at all

David and I talk about this many times, because my girlfriends also talk about this many times

he just wanted to tell people here that sometimes it is difficult when we go from Thailand

There are many people who have similar emotions when they leave their familiar territory for the unfamiliar. We don't all have the desire to open up to one and all on the forum, but that is not to say it is wrong so to do. I cannot understand why so many of the posters feel an irrestible urge to make snide, puerile and demeaning comments, unless it is to help them feel that they are overcoming their own shortcomings.

Attacking people in the way I have read here is not something that raises others' perception of those posters, ....precisely the opposite. Is it any wonder that we have so few thai and female members.... and even more to the point, so few femail thai members?

I'm glad to hear that your visit has generally gone well, MFG, and don't worry about the homesickness... it shows that you are normal, with good ties back to your family and friends. That is something to be proud of. Ignore the trolls, who, (with a bit of luck) might get their knuckles rapped for flame posts and insults.

• Like 1

Probably one thing we underestimate is the disconnect we expect from a Thai lady, and in rare occasions, a Thai man to assimilate so easily into your lifestyle and culture.

My girl enjoys an occasional beer with me, loves a pie and sauce, has chosen a local football team to barrack for ... sadly it's the All Blacks if it's Union, but the Melbourne Team if it's League.

Has developed a network of local Thai friends, but is readily accepted by my friends and family also.

But there is a magnetic force which tugs at her ... it's her emotional Thais to Thailand and her family.

So, as partners we should be as supportive as possible. Not weak ... but cut them a bit of slack when needed.

I would shed more than a few tears if my relationship was so disconnected that my BF had to resort to TV to understand my feelings

our relationship is good, not 'disconnected' at all

David and I talk about this many times, because my girlfriends also talk about this many times

he just wanted to tell people here that sometimes it is difficult when we go from Thailand

There are many people who have similar emotions when they leave their familiar territory for the unfamiliar. We don't all have the desire to open up to one and all on the forum, but that is not to say it is wrong so to do. I cannot understand why so many of the posters feel an irrestible urge to make snide, puerile and demeaning comments, unless it is to help them feel that they are overcoming their own shortcomings.

Attacking people in the way I have read here is not something that raises others' perception of those posters, ....precisely the opposite. Is it any wonder that we have so few thai and female members.... and even more to the point, so few femail thai members?

I'm glad to hear that your visit has generally gone well, MFG, and don't worry about the homesickness... it shows that you are normal, with good ties back to your family and friends. That is something to be proud of. Ignore the trolls, who, (with a bit of luck) might get their knuckles rapped for flame posts and insults.

No shortcomings no attack not being snide or puerile, just find it very strange to have the need to expose their private life in public like this.

By the way they chose to make their private life open to us, so don't come crying if we give our opinion.

My Motto is "never explain never complain" I never discuss my private life in public.