Xp Home Error Log

ZoiD

just wondering how to access XP homes error log if its got one similar to XP pros..

Computer keeps on hanging then turning itself off with no warning :o , I think its overheating but want to know if its a system error or the aformentioned..

Also does anyone have an idea at what the operating temp of a P4 2.4ghz CPU should be in a laptop?

cheers

I believe XP home has the log file, you need to turn it on though. However from what you said I have never seen a log file that gives the information you are asking about. If the log file does have info it will be vague.

Try these steps fist.

1) Scan your system for a virus. (The symptom you gave is inductive of a virus.)

2) If you think it over heating. Place it on a tile floor and put a fan on it. See if the problem goes away. (Don’t think it’s over heating though)

When a CPU starts to over heat the system will slow down then Freeze. Not reboot, unless there is bios software installed then you’ll get an error message. Or if you are using Unix then you could have a CPU panic but not XP.

Does it happen when the unit is plugged in? A short in the power or battery could cause the reboot. If the main board loses power for a nano second it reboots.

Take the Batt out and see if the problem stops, and then use AC power and remove the BATT.

Were are you using it when it reboots?

My SWAG (Simi Wild AXX Guess) is virus or power issue.

But I bet people will say it’s the screen savor. LOL

What brand laptop is it?

Tryed most of that already..

Its a sony vaio one, theres quite a bit on google about problems with em randomly resetting, managed to sort it out for the moment by unpluggin the AC power and draining the battery. Plugged AC back in no probs since.

Dont ask me why but it seems to have fixed it till next time. :o

Cheers