Bus Question From Pattaya To Bangkok

Weho

I often take the local bus from Pattaya to Bangkok Ekamai station, 110 baht one way. I've noticed many people get off about 30 minutes before Ekamai at a shopping center, I think called Central City. The people get off under a freeway underpass, then I suppose there is a bridge to walk over to the shopping center. But how about going the other direction... I've never been on a Bangkok to Pattaya bus that stopped to pickup any passengers anywhere... so do those day shoppers go all the way into Bangkok, then board a bus back to Pattaya from there? If so, how do you get from that shopping center into Bangkok?

Is it common for people from Pattaya to go there shopping for the day?

I often take the local bus from Pattaya to Bangkok Ekamai station, 110 baht one way. I've noticed many people get off about 30 minutes before Ekamai at a shopping center, I think called Central City. The people get off under a freeway underpass, then I suppose there is a bridge to walk over to the shopping center. But how about going the other direction... I've never been on a Bangkok to Pattaya bus that stopped to pickup any passengers anywhere... so do those day shoppers go all the way into Bangkok, then board a bus back to Pattaya from there? If so, how do you get from that shopping center into Bangkok?

Is it common for people from Pattaya to go there shopping for the day?

It's probably Bang Na Central that they go to. It does have more to offer than Carefour or Lotus in Pattaya but it has something more than that - Passport issuing/reneval office, complaints clearance office for AIS (I think) and probably some other government like institutions within it.

Yes, there is a footbridge access to Bang Na Central City from the dropping off point. Many of these shoppers board a bus to return to Pattaya on the Sukhumvit Road just before the road to Bang Na Central. This return bus is the blue/white/orange variety that stops everywhere and anywhere on its way from Ekkamai to Jomtien Beach.

Another good, and popular, place to get off the Pattaya/Ekkamai Express bus is at the Tesco Lotus Store on the Sukhumvit Road at On Nut. In my case, as I am usually needing the toilet by this time, the Lotus store makes a welcome stopping place. There is a direct access to the On Nut Sky Train Station on the second floor of the Tesco Lotus building and, as it is a terminus, the trains empty before returning through the city to the Morchit terminus at the north end of the Sukhumvit Line.

Edited by Artisan

most people who stop there do not go shopping at Central Bangna but go to take care of their pasports as the department which issues Thai Pasports is situated in the parking lot of Central bangna.

To get back to Pattaya you take the non airco bus back to Pattaya which stops right in front of the shopping mall.

Takes a long time to get back into pattaya though as this bus stops about every 500 meters lol. Good luck.

most people who stop there do not go shopping at Central Bangna but go to take care of their pasports as the department which issues Thai Pasports is situated in the parking lot of Central bangna.

To get back to Pattaya you take the non airco bus back to Pattaya which stops right in front of the shopping mall.

Takes a long time to get back into pattaya though as this bus stops about every 500 meters lol. Good luck.

The bus is as I described i.e. blue/white/orange and, although it stops as I have described also, it does have air-conditioning. The terminus in Pattaya is on Soi Chaiyapreuk opposite the police box along Jomtien Beach Road.

Some people live in the area and from Central BangNa there are plenty of Minibuses ,etc to bring them home.

As other member mentioned in the 5th Floor is the PassportDivision.

Opposite of Cental BangNa is also a office of TOT.

Many people leave the bus at the big Intersection (Si Yaek BangNa), where all the buses turn onto Sukhumvit.

Edited by visarunner

There are also free shuttles running from Central Bangna to Onnut BTS (for people with the passes) so it's very easy to get back to Ekkamai and get to the blue and white fewer stop busses.

a big plus to getting off there is going to Seacon Square (40 baht taxi or about 10 baht minivan <from between Central and Big C> ... it will stop at Seri and at Seacon ... <not sure if it loops there or goes on to Bangkapi> Seacon is HUGE ... has about everything ... (Thailand's biggest mall?) Seri Ctr has some Pantip style stuff (as does Seacon in the basement) behind Seri is a BEAUTIFUL park .... Rama 9 park!

they are either getting off at bang-na or on-nut depending on what youre thinking about. sounds like bang-na. a trick if youre going into bkk is to get off at on-nut and take th ebts onward instaed of sitting on the bus another 20 mins in traffic.

one word of caution - if you do not catch a bus from ekamai the blu/white buses are ALWAYS full so youll have to stand the whole way or take an orange bus 3+ hrs to jomtien and perhaps get a seat.

they are either getting off at bang-na or on-nut depending on what youre thinking about. sounds like bang-na. a trick if youre going into bkk is to get off at on-nut and take th ebts onward instaed of sitting on the bus another 20 mins in traffic.

one word of caution - if you do not catch a bus from ekamai the blu/white buses are ALWAYS full so youll have to stand the whole way or take an orange bus 3+ hrs to jomtien and perhaps get a seat.

Having done this journey a few times I have not seen people stand while travelling on the blue and white air con buses!

Yes they are full but everyone is seated and that has been every time!

Was on one a couple of months ago and we tail ended a parked truck 2 females in the front were trapped between their seats and the dash come front entrance!

The next bus driver drove just as fast if not faster!

Sit at the back!

Having done this journey a few times I have not seen people stand while travelling on the blue and white air con buses!

Yes they are full but everyone is seated and that has been every time!

You're correct. The Pattaya/Bangkok and Bangkok/Pattaya blue and white buses are ticket only and every passenger is allocated a seat (the seat number is on the ticket).....there are no standing passengers.

The blue/orange/white buses (also air-conditioned) between Jomtien and Bangkok are pay-as-you-board and the aisle is usually full of people who board other than at Jomtien or Bangkok.

Yes, there is a footbridge access to Bang Na Central City from the dropping off point. Many of these shoppers board a bus to return to Pattaya on the Sukhumvit Road just before the road to Bang Na Central. This return bus is the blue/white/orange variety that stops everywhere and anywhere on its way from Ekkamai to Jomtien Beach.

Another good, and popular, place to get off the Pattaya/Ekkamai Express bus is at the Tesco Lotus Store on the Sukhumvit Road at On Nut. In my case, as I am usually needing the toilet by this time, the Lotus store makes a welcome stopping place. There is a direct access to the On Nut Sky Train Station on the second floor of the Tesco Lotus building and, as it is a terminus, the trains empty before returning through the city to the Morchit terminus at the north end of the Sukhumvit Line.