Bangkok To Sihoukville Overland..........

Chivas

Have been trying to do a little research on the subject but have come up with conflicting information to date.........

Basically is there an Overland Service from Bangkok (or Pattaya)..........??

Appreciate any users recent experience on the Routing Problems Costs etc......

Thanks

I did journey few months ago. You have go to Trat. Then get songthaew to the border then in cambodia get a bus ti sihanoukville .4 hours. Took me 12 hours in total from bkk including waiting around

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are a number of threads with info including this one, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/562741-border-crossing-into-cambodia-near-trat/?hl=%2Bsihanoukville

Basically, you catch a bus from either Mo Chit or Ekkamai to Trat . Then an hourly vans to the border. Cross the border which is fairly quick (get your Cambodia visa there) then motorbike taxi to Koh Kong.

You should try to ensure that you arrive to catch the daily bus which runs from Sihan. to Koh Kong for the return journey which should be around lunch time. Check the Candy Guide linked in post #13 of the above linked thread for the departure time.

Once you are over the border, there are usually touts waiting to talk you into taking a (sometimes shared) taxi.

Last time I went even at 5 p.m. So if you arrive late for the bus (most likely unless you start really early) and you do NOT want to spend the night in KK, that's your option.

The WHOLE taxi should not be more than 80 Bucks.

most likely will have to overnight in Koh Kong and be prepared to be forced to pay 1,000 baht for the $20 Cambodia visa

Plenty of places stay and good thai food an du can use ur thai baht

Taxi should not be more than $50 ( same price as PP-SHV)

since you bumped it (no idea why) there is a new bus service out of the Bangkok Morchit Bus station that runs to Siem Rep and one bus to Phnom Penh.

than u will need taxi or bus down to Shv.

You can get a bus package deal out of Pattaya to shv as well, just walk around and u will see it advertised at travel agents, know nothing about them as never done that as I usually drive myself.

Other than that the route to Trat-Koh Kong as explained and onwards to Shv

Edited by phuketrichard

since you bumped it (no idea why) there is a new bus service out of the Bangkok Morchit Bus station that runs to Siem Rep and one bus to Phnom Penh.

Though everyone should note that you have to have a Cambodia visa prior to buying a ticket for these two international buses. (ie. you won't be allowed to board without a visa).

Really, doesn't seem much point going to Sihan. via PP but as it adds an extra 5-6hrs travel and an O/N stay in PP.

Once you are over the border, there are usually touts waiting to talk you into taking a (sometimes shared) taxi.

Last time I went even at 5 p.m. So if you arrive late for the bus (most likely unless you start really early) and you do NOT want to spend the night in KK, that's your option.

How much is 80 Bucks in Bht

How much is 80 Bucks in Bht

2,400 baht (round figures).

Why not stay Koh Kong.

I have had some great nights in Koh Kong.

I wouldn't stay for more than one night though.

Edited by cardholder

Why not stay Koh Kong.

I have had some great nights in Koh Kong.

I wouldn't stay for more than one night though.

"I have had some great nights in Koh Kong".....

Me too....... fifteen years ago!

than u will need taxi or bus down to Shv.

You can get a bus package deal out of Pattaya to shv as well, just walk around and u will see it advertised at travel agents, know nothing about them as never done that as I usually drive myself.

Other than that the route to Trat-Koh Kong as explained and onwards to Shv

Any details on the new bus service BKK to SR and PP?? decent buses and how long is trip, cost and would you have contact info?? thanks in advance....