Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I only hope it doesn't go bad for Kenny. However, I don't think the fans would be too quick to turn on him, if at all, no matter how it goes.

Just for once, would be nice to see the fans turn on themselves, should it go pear-shaped. After all, they are in part the reason why this has all happened - to a lesser extent, the sacking of Woy, to a greater extent, the signing of Kenny. They have got their wishes so if they don't like the results, they can blame themselves. No doubt though bad results will now return to being all about the owners and the lack of money available for players.

As you were guys.

Do one you muppet! youv'e got no clue about LFC or its support!

mum knows best :D

http://sportifi.com/...ook-257912.html

Bit late with that arent you?

I only hope it doesn't go bad for Kenny. However, I don't think the fans would be too quick to turn on him, if at all, no matter how it goes.

Just for once, would be nice to see the fans turn on themselves, should it go pear-shaped. After all, they are in part the reason why this has all happened - to a lesser extent, the sacking of Woy, to a greater extent, the signing of Kenny. They have got their wishes so if they don't like the results, they can blame themselves. No doubt though bad results will now return to being all about the owners and the lack of money available for players.

As you were guys.

aww, what happened to you rix? you used to be fun.

yes, the fans have got what they want for their club now and can hopefully get on with enjoying watching and supporting their team again. is that such a bad thing?

Edited by StevieH

As you were guys.

Do one you muppet! youv'e got no clue about LFC or its support!

Oh it's that old Chestnut again aye, LFC & it's Supporters are sooooooooooooo different from all other Clubs & Supporters, so much so in fact that no other Supporter than a LFC Supporter can even contemplate knowing what LFC is about or what it's Support are all about..:rolleyes:

Change the record Dev, not only is it nonsensical, it also isn't true..

As you were guys.

yes, the fans have got want they want for their club now and can hopefully get on with enjoying watching and supporting their team again. is that such a bad thing?

The word " hopefully " is the most important word in that post..

Stevie, please just answrer me this, why do you assume you will be able to enjoy your Football again for the rest of the Season with a Manager now in charge who hasn't managed any Team for over a decade & the last time he managed yours, Hansen could pass the ball back to Grobelaar who was allowed to pick the Ball up ??

As you were guys.

yes, the fans have got want they want for their club now and can hopefully get on with enjoying watching and supporting their team again. is that such a bad thing?

Stevie, please just answrer me this, why do you assume you will be able to enjoy your Football again for the rest of the Season with a Manager now in charge who hasn't managed any Team for over a decade & the last time he managed yours, Hansen could pass the ball back to Grobelaar who was allowed to pick the Ball up ??

because of the malaise and gloom that was hanging over the club under hodgson, m. he was a hicks and gillett era appointment, chosen by the devious and underhand personal empire-builder purslow ahead of better available managers. hodgson going means that the last remnants of the hicks and gillett era are now gone and the club can hopefully get back on track and start working towards the future.

kenny is not a long-term solution, he's the short-term boost and lift that the club needs, from the players through the fans. we've got a club legend, its best ever player and a man who has football in his dna in charge until the end of the season. the fans can start singing again and enjoying matches whether we win or not. NESV's real work comes between now and the summer in finding a proper long-term manager, but for a short-term, quick fix to lift the club and put smiles back on the faces of the players and the fans, this has no downside.

Actually I believe that both NESV and the fans have got what they wanted from the club.

NESV made it very clear early on that they didnt want to take responsibility for decisions until they were ready. If they had replaced Hodgson they would have been responsible and expected to back his successor. They clearly wish to get a management team in place before installing a manager. Obviously the fans never supported Hodgson but NESV could not be blamed for his appointment. Still things eventually reached the stage where the owners reached being held responsible for not sacking him.

As I see it Kenny is simply a default option as interim manager. To the extent that fans accept responsibility for his appointment NESV know it is not theirs. But as it is a temporary appointment, it is only giving NESV breathing space to put together their own management and manager in the summer. I have no idea who else anyone expected to be appointed manager. On a 4 month view Kenny's inside knowledge of Liverpool counts for a lot more than his lack of experience over the last 15 years.

As you were guys.

because of the malaise and gloom that was hanging over the club under hodgson, m. he was a hicks and gillett era appointment, chosen by the devious and underhand personal empire-builder purslow ahead of better available managers. hodgson going means that the last remnants of the hicks and gillett era are now gone and the club can hopefully get back on track and start working towards the future.

kenny is not a long-term solution, he's the short-term boost and lift that the club needs, from the players through the fans. we've got a club legend, its best ever player and a man who has football in his dna in charge until the end of the season. the fans can start singing again and enjoying matches whether we win or not. NESV's real work comes between now and the summer in finding a proper long-term manager, but for a short-term, quick fix to lift the club and put smiles back on the faces of the players and the fans, this has no downside.

Thanks for the explanation..

Just out of curiosity, is this a mentality that most LFC have on teh Forum's etc or are there some that are not quite as enthralled by the Dalglish appointment ??

& i'm not talkign about Woy, i'm talking specifically about Dalglish being appointed ??

I mean, are there any that see it as a cheap option, or are you all admitting the Season is over in January & are just thankful Woy has gone & it doesn't matter who's appointed til teh rest of the Season, or are there others worried that Dalglish's Legend status may be in jeapordy given the fact the back pass rule wasn't even given a thought the last time he managed your Team so his Management credentials & record really can't be used as a leverage to make a point about the appointment as positive ??

Honestly, i'm just wondering if the general concesus is everyone's for it or if there are at least some that seem to see it how everyone else apart from LFC's Supporters are viewing it ??

i can give you an overview of LFC fan forums and my own fears too m.

there are some fans who are worried that kenny has been left behind in managerial terms, being away from management as you say for a decade now. i think this is a valid concern, but i think a lot of fans are also forgetting what a good manager he was and that you don't simply lose that. he's also a genuine club legend who was a genius of a player who has good relationships with torres, gerrard and reina. they all look up to him, not something which they did to hodgson.

as i said above, kenny's managerial ability in the modern game is a concern but it's lessened by the fact that he's a de facto short-term appointment who simply can't have the team playing any worse than they have so far this season. he'll unite the fans so that the atmosphere every match isn't poisonous. the players will be encouraged to smile now and enjoy their football again. the fans are utterly united in support for kenny's appointment for these reasons, and i don't think anyone is kidding themselves that he's the man to take us back into the top four and champions league under the NESV regime. he's a stop-gap, a red adair to rescue what's left of this season and then step aside for the new guy.

my biggest fear is that the blerts who populate radio phone-ins and message boards will dare to start slagging him off after the odd bad result. he's kenny dalglish and has done more for this football club that arguably any other person in its history. i am delighted today, grinning like a schoolkid because we've got our football club back and my boyhood hero is back in the dugout. i don't care what happens for the rest of the season because i now know that we won't be relegated and we've just improved our chances of keeping torres and reina in the summer by about 1000%. it's all good and i actually believe we've a good chance of a result at old trafford today. i wouldn't have said that three days ago.

it's all good and i actually believe we've a good chance of a result at old trafford today. i wouldn't have said that three days ago.

I believe you are still on the Leo, Stevie? :D hope its a good game and you get stuffed.

it's all good and i actually believe we've a good chance of a result at old trafford today. i wouldn't have said that three days ago.

I believe you are still on the Leo, Stevie? :D hope its a good game and you get stuffed.

i haven't been sober since 6pm yesterday mate. i hope it's a <deleted> game and we win one-nil. :D

Good... come on LFC

united look like they have rafael and evans at the back, vidic out, possibly rooney and van der sar out too. midfield of nani, fletcher, anderson, giggs.

this is a beatable united side if we get about them.

i can give you an overview of LFC fan forums and my own fears too m.

there are some fans who are worried that kenny has been left behind in managerial terms, being away from management as you say for a decade now. i think this is a valid concern, but i think a lot of fans are also forgetting what a good manager he was and that you don't simply lose that. he's also a genuine club legend who was a genius of a player who has good relationships with torres, gerrard and reina. they all look up to him, not something which they did to hodgson.

as i said above, kenny's managerial ability in the modern game is a concern but it's lessened by the fact that he's a de facto short-term appointment who simply can't have the team playing any worse than they have so far this season. he'll unite the fans so that the atmosphere every match isn't poisonous. the players will be encouraged to smile now and enjoy their football again. the fans are utterly united in support for kenny's appointment for these reasons, and i don't think anyone is kidding themselves that he's the man to take us back into the top four and champions league under the NESV regime. he's a stop-gap, a red adair to rescue what's left of this season and then step aside for the new guy.

my biggest fear is that the blerts who populate radio phone-ins and message boards will dare to start slagging him off after the odd bad result. he's kenny dalglish and has done more for this football club that arguably any other person in its history. i am delighted today, grinning like a schoolkid because we've got our football club back and my boyhood hero is back in the dugout. i don't care what happens for the rest of the season because i now know that we won't be relegated and we've just improved our chances of keeping torres and reina in the summer by about 1000%. it's all good and i actually believe we've a good chance of a result at old trafford today. i wouldn't have said that three days ago.

Good Post Stevie & fully understandable, thanks..

Those blerts though could be a problem though, new age wank Fans, we've all got them & some more than most..

I hope you win today.

Good... come on LFC

united look like they have rafael and evans at the back, vidic out, possibly rooney and van der sar out too. midfield of nani, fletcher, anderson, giggs.

So Evans in then, he will be the weakest link. Hope we get Torres one on one with him!

Good... come on LFC

So Evans in then, he will be the weakest link. Hope we get Torres one on one with him!

What one, the Pre 2010/11 Season one or the 2010/11 Season one ?? :D

Good... come on LFC

i'm hoping that aurelio, maxi and torres up our left get at rafael.

late change for us by the way, glen johnson's wife has gone into labour. martin kelly in at right-back. not entirely upset about that myself.

Good... come on LFC

i'm hoping that aurelio, maxi and torres up our left get at rafael.

late change for us by the way, glen johnson's wife has gone into labour. martin kelly in at right-back. not entirely upset about that myself.

Thks for the update Stevie...Kelly will do a solid job for sure!

hopefully dev. i expect mister ferguson will target kelly using giggs and evra. that means we need kuyt to have a solid one.

:D if you stop our fullbacks bombing forward,you will have a chance..... as for Kuyt and a solid one :lol:

hopefully dev. i expect mister ferguson will target kelly using giggs and evra. that means we need kuyt to have a solid one.

:D if you stop our fullbacks bombing forward,you will have a chance..... as for Kuyt and a solid one :lol:

best midfielder in the league at stopping opposing leftbacks playing is dirk and regularly has good games against evra, ashley cole, clichy. . . .always likely to pop up with a goal too. COME ON REDMEN.

Nowt happened that i know about mate. Perhaps you could be more specific.

Anyway, it's half time and that was a pretty crappy start for Kenny. Penalty never was. Berba should have been booked. Gerrard should too, but yellow not red. Bad game for the ref. And United uninspiring. Hope the second half brings about some better reffing and some better play.... oh, and yes, of course, a United win.

That Jim Beglins a <deleted> of a commentator, first the Liverpool player kicks Berbatov in the box and he is saying he dived, then Gerrard steams in with a 2 footed potentially leg breaking tackle on Carrick and he's protesting his innocence until its been shown 10 times when its quite clear it was as blatant a sending off as youre ever likely to see, a little impartiality wouldnt go a miss.

Oh it's that old Chestnut again aye, LFC & it's Supporters are sooooooooooooo different from all other Clubs & Supporters, so much so in fact that no other Supporter than a LFC Supporter can even contemplate knowing what LFC is about or what it's Support are all about..:rolleyes:

Change the record Dev, not only is it nonsensical, it also isn't true..

Oh yes, the, "there's something special and unique about our club that outsiders couldn't possibly begin to understand" line. The answer to all Liverpool FC related debates, by certain Liverpool supporters. sleepy.gif

Berba should have been booked. Gerrard should too, but yellow not red. Bad game for the ref.

It was a 2 footed tackle with both feet off the ground, when he was running at a decent pace and he kicks the opposing player and barely any if at all any of the ball... yep lets bring back 60s/70s and 80s football where talentless cnuts like Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris and Tommy Lawson who plebs like to call hardmen for kicking lumps and in some cases retiring talented young players in their 20s.

Please retort with some cliches of how its a contact sport, a mans game and modern day players are all soft ... bla bla bla.....

Berba should have been booked. Gerrard should too, but yellow not red. Bad game for the ref.

It was a 2 footed tackle with both feet off the ground, when he was running at a decent pace and he kicks the opposing player and barely any if at all any of the ball... yep lets bring back 60s/70s and 80s football where talentless cnuts like Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris and Tommy Lawson who plebs like to call hardmen for kicking lumps and in some cases retiring talented young players in their 20s.

Please retort with some cliches of how its a contact sport, a mans game and modern day players are all soft ... bla bla bla.....

You seem to have me mistaken for someone dull and someone who could give a <deleted> about a Liverpool player being sent off against United. I couldn't... but i still think a red was harsh.

Second half was better, from a United POV. In a way, for Liverpool too. Showed some decent resilience.

Giggs did well. And good to see Owen (AKA poison dwarf for the benefit of others here) prove the commentator wrong, who i thought was well off mark in his comments.

What's going on with Torres? A shadow of his former...