Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

BTW a Wembley appearance and a chance to win the CC I think is quite important to LFC. Obviously we would swap it for a top 4 finish or the FA cup but that doesnt seem likely. I know other clubs claim they dont want it when they lose. But it is a decent piece of silverware. Unlike other clubs we gave it some importance and it cost us Lucas against Chelsea. We did beat Chelsea away and City over two legs, To me although we havent really produced as much progress as we would hope, we are at least progressing.

Progressing in some ways Abrak yes, in others though your Club is still incredibly " 80's ".

I didn't personally believe for one moment LFC would be wearing Black Suits considering everything so.......................;)

http://www.inthestands.co.uk/news/liverpool-reveal-suits-for-cup-final-at-wembley-its-white-armani.html

Quite incredible, i don't know who does your PR but she ( has to be ) needs hanging.

BTW a Wembley appearance and a chance to win the CC I think is quite important to LFC. Obviously we would swap it for a top 4 finish or the FA cup but that doesnt seem likely. I know other clubs claim they dont want it when they lose. But it is a decent piece of silverware. Unlike other clubs we gave it some importance and it cost us Lucas against Chelsea. We did beat Chelsea away and City over two legs, To me although we havent really produced as much progress as we would hope, we are at least progressing.

Progressing in some ways Abrak yes, in others though your Club is still incredibly " 80's ".

I didn't personally believe for one moment LFC would be wearing Black Suits considering everything so.......................wink.png

http://www.inthestan...ite-armani.html

Quite incredible, i don't know who does your PR but she ( has to be ) needs hanging.

Yeeeeeessssss Singhers back, oops i meant Josephine 23.gif

I didn't personally believe for one moment LFC would be wearing Black Suits considering everything so.......................wink.png

Yeeeeeessssss Singhers back, oops i meant Josephine 23.gif

He must have done something really bad to have donned a skirt and high heels as his disguise. clap2.gif

Tell me Josephine dear, have you seen any of this "free flowing" football dev's talking about?

Amazing how one win brings this page to life. Dev and jimjim make special appearances. All we need now is stevie and mousescouse to complete the side lol

You'll notice I also posted after the Bolton match and how crap it was.

But thanks, I didn't think anyone read my posts.

Amazing how one win brings this page to life. Dev and jimjim make special appearances. All we need now is stevie and mousescouse to complete the side lol

Fair weather fans.

Bullshit, man. Seriously? StevieH is not a fair-weather fan, no chance of that. Dev and I aren't either. I'm betting he watches every match as well as I do. So fuc_k off with comments like that. Our status is fans is not identified by when we post in a an online LFC forum which frankly has more posts from Tottenham and Man U fans, usually trying to be funny and failing miserably.

I guess you are just trolling. Sorry I bit? :) cheers...ha ha

Fair weather fans.

Bullshit, man. Seriously? StevieH is not a fair-weather fan, no chance of that. Dev and I aren't either. I'm betting he watches every match as well as I do. So fuc_k off with comments like that. Our status is fans is not identified by when we post in a an online LFC forum which frankly has more posts from Tottenham and Man U fans, usually trying to be funny and failing miserably.

I guess you are just trolling. Sorry I bit? smile.png cheers...ha ha

Over sensitive again jimjim. biggrin.png

Fair weather fans.

I guess you are just trolling. Sorry I bit? smile.png cheers...ha ha

Upmost respect for StevieH and the fair weather comment did not apply to him as he hasn't suddenly returned on the back of a good result.

As for the rest, actually to be fair, i wouldn't accuse any of them, or you, of being fair weather fans - i spoke out of turn - cos like you say, posting habits on here don't define us as supporters. The term i should have used was fair weather poster. They are recognisable not only by the way they go into hiding in the face of defeat, or perhaps pop up with a "that was crap" one-liner, but by the way they return waxing lyrical over three or four paragraphs when they get a win.

At one stage or other though, i think we have all been guilty of this, so don't take it too personally.... or seriously.

• Like 1

Not many comments on your line-up for the game tonight,will you keep to the same side you played against City or give big Andy the job of trying to disrupt Evans and Smalling?

United 4-5-1 with a strong midfield playing on the break.

Not many comments on your line-up for the game tonight,will you keep to the same side you played against City or give big Andy the job of trying to disrupt Evans and Smalling?

To be honest my best hope is for the match to go ahead without any nastiness between the fans.

I very much doubt that we have Bellamy able to play so soon after the City match (especially after playing last weekend.) So a fair guess is that Carroll will start by default.

Would of liked the same 11 against City but there will have to be some changes.

Play a 4-2-3-1 and I expect Spearing to be back in the side replacing either Adam or Hendo, most likely Adam will be rested.

Spearing will allow Gerrard to play little more forward which will cause Man U problems.

Obvious one, Carroll to start wearing down the Utd defence with Bellamy to replace late on if needed.

---------------Reina---------------

Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique

-------Spearing----Henderson-------

Kuyt--------Gerrard----Downing

--------------Carroll--------------

Play a 4-2-3-1 and I expect Spearing to be back in the side replacing either Adam or Hendo, most likely Adam will be rested.

Spearing will allow Gerrard to play little more forward which will cause Man U problems.

Obvious one, Carroll to start wearing down the Utd defence with Bellamy to replace late on if needed.

I agree i think he will play Carroll hoping to knock holes in central pair... for the likes of Gerrard and Kuyt to run onto,i think Adam will play ahead of Spearing for the experience.

The Valencia Enrique battle is very important as is who will be picking up Rooney when he starts to wander?

I agree i think he will play Carroll hoping to knock holes in central pair... for the likes of Gerrard and Kuyt to run onto,i think Adam will play ahead of Spearing for the experience.

The Valencia Enrique battle is very important as is who will be picking up Rooney when he starts to wander?

According to your manager Rooney is doubtful... Ah I forgot its normal pre games from Whiskey nose.

I can see Johnson and Kuyt having a field day against your left back ...

40,000 people booing the victim of convicted racial abuser, nice people, classy Club.

And the convicted racist gives a nice " Up yours " gesture too to the Away Fans when his team score a goal, stinks of class the Fella..

LFC, a once great Club, " once " being the key word.

Not to mention the cameras following his reaction throughout. A classy performance all round....

Back to the football and I thought liverpool deserved it on their second half performance. Well done.

Edit: He's not been convicted of anything Singher. Only banned by the FA. Conviction is what Terry will be enjoying soon enough. Oh and one other...

Edited by smokie36

Regarding Carroll who I thought had a good game today despite piss poor service.

Just to mention he looks as isolated at times as did Torres. I think the real problem for your team is an inability to get the wide playes forward in support.

That and the midfield in general not anticipating play quickly enough.

I could tell you more but will hold off until top four is secure. biggrin.png

Regarding Carroll who I thought had a good game today despite piss poor service.

Just to mention he looks as isolated at times as did Torres. I think the real problem for your team is an inability to get the wide playes forward in support.

That and the midfield in general not anticipating play quickly enough.

I could tell you more but will hold off until top four is secure. biggrin.png

I tend to agree about Carroll. His performance, at least, was not embarrassing as it often has been this season. Whether we should all jump up and down in a state of euphoria simply because he didnt look like a donkey for once, I am not so sure.

I thought Carra was particularly ineffectual. I guess it isnt that surprising if he only gets to play one in ten games.

Overall, I thought that Utd were the slightly better team. However, they didnt bother Reina much during the match despite their possession. Agger and Skrtel were both excellent as usual. And the Man Utd goal came about via a mistake be Enrique - and as that doesnt happen often they can count themselves lucky.

Somehow, I dont know if it says something about Man Utd, or about Paul Scholes. But it did look like he was about the best player on the Man Utd team.

Obviously, we all know, because we have been told often enough, that De Gea is destined to be one of the best goalkeepers the world has ever seen. He clearly isnt that at the moment and actually does a pretty good imitation of being fairly crap.

that De Gea is destined to be one of the best goalkeepers the world has ever seen. He clearly isnt that at the moment and actually does a pretty good imitation of being fairly crap.

He just doesn't seem to have any presence whatsoever in the box. Especially suspect on corners.

that De Gea is destined to be one of the best goalkeepers the world has ever seen. He clearly isnt that at the moment and actually does a pretty good imitation of being fairly crap.

He just doesn't seem to have any presence whatsoever in the box. Especially suspect on corners.

Yes that is part of the problem I am sure. Good goalkeepers tend to have a certain 'presence in the box'. Joe Hart has it, even he is quite young, although he does appear about 8 foot tall. Reina has it. De Gea doesnt and looks a little lost like a 15 year old playing against 18 year olds. Even his beard, which I suspect he sports to make himself look older, looks like a bit of bum fluff that a 16 year old took two years to grow.

But look Joe Hart at 21 was on loan to Birmingham City, so expecting too much of De Gea at his age is optimistic.

Overall, I thought that Utd were the slightly better team.

Slightly? Really? Would have said "clearly" myself. If i were you, i'd obviously be happy to have won, but i'd be very worried about the way you played.

Obviously, we all know, because we have been told often enough, that De Gea is destined to be one of the best goalkeepers the world has ever seen. He clearly isnt that at the moment and actually does a pretty good imitation of being fairly crap.

Agreed. He is a problem and we can't afford to give him the time he needs - not at this stage in the season.

Overall, I thought that Utd were the slightly better team.

Slightly? Really? Would have said "clearly" myself. If i were you, i'd obviously be happy to have won, but i'd be very worried about the way you played.

Agreed. He is a problem and we can't afford to give him the time he needs - not at this stage in the season.

Well my comment wasnt very scientific. However, even though you might have looked the better team, you didnt really create much at all in terms of chances to score goals. And football games are decided by which team scores the most goals.

So, for instance, Liverpool had 14 shots at goal (of which 9 were on target), whilst Utd had 9 (of which 3 were on target). With 3 shots on target, the maximum number of goals you could have possibly scored was 3 (unless Carragher is playing).

In any event, I wouldnt really expect Liverpool to be at their best without Lucas or Suarez. It seems more natural for 'the best team in the country' to worry why they cant beat a Liverpool team without their two top players than for a Liverpool devoid of their two best players, worrying about beating the 'best team in the country'.

Well my comment wasnt very scientific. However, even though you might have looked the better team, you didnt really create much at all in terms of chances to score goals. And football games are decided by which team scores the most goals.

So, for instance, Liverpool had 14 shots at goal (of which 9 were on target), whilst Utd had 9 (of which 3 were on target). With 3 shots on target, the maximum number of goals you could have possibly scored was 3 (unless Carragher is playing).

In any event, I wouldnt really expect Liverpool to be at their best without Lucas or Suarez. It seems more natural for 'the best team in the country' to worry why they cant beat a Liverpool team without their two top players than for a Liverpool devoid of their two best players, worrying about beating the 'best team in the country'.

Take another look at our team sheet last night and tell me that you seriously think that is the best team in the country. Of course it isn't. It is very average, but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. That is what team spirit and a decent manager can do.

Okay as a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed the match and thought LFC deserved the win. Thought both teams put on a great show and that te referee contributed to a free flowing game.

The fans - pretty much the usual banter with plenty boos for Evra - what else was expected? I'm sure he knew he would be booed --- big deal?

Sounded hostile but this was a huge game -- a huge rivalry. Sadly the media are focussed on one moron who was caught gesticulating at Evra - one guy out of 40K+........ media sensationalizing events AGAIN.

Is Carrol the biggest flop in the history of expensive transfers -- guy was brought in to score goals yet looks as of he ouldn't score in a barrel of fannies. Oh but he can chest the ball and hold it up ---- BIG DEAL. He makes Crouch look like Pele.

For the neutral this was a fairly intense enjoyable game - wel done to players, officials and fans.

Okay as a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed the match and thought LFC deserved the win.

Why?

Thought both teams put on a great show and that te referee contributed to a free flowing game.

Yep, the ref was how refs should be. Great example.

Why??? Obvious answer would be they scored more goals. United were impressive on the ball but failed to turn possession into chances........ if you dont make chances you dont score goals you dont win games.