Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Seems to me there are/were 2 important decisions to make.

1. How do Liverpool improve their current squad.

2. What do Liverpool do about losing Suarez.

I'm sure Brendan knows what he's doing. But it would be very easy in the circumstances to make the same mistake Spurs did when Bale left.

That mistake being to confuse what are 2 effectively different issues. The 2 issues above that is.

I'm sure Brendan knows what he's doing. But it would be very easy in the circumstances to make the same mistake Spurs did when Bale left.

That mistake being to confuse what are 2 effectively different issues. The 2 issues above that is.

In answer to the above:

1: Squad is improved imo with Markovic, Can, Lallana, possibly Remy, Moreno, Lovren. Also the current crop of young players are improving and I expect a couple to be promoted to the first team this season.

2: With nigh on 70 million (if figures are to be believed) plus out going sales to come in, I am sure if we can attract them, couple of starters will be brought in, maybe the likes of Di Maria, Isco, Firmino, Moura are names being banded about and do fit the profile (area) we need to strengthen to limit the loss of Suarez.

Spurs dealings last summer I very much doubt most of those signings were the managers choice.

We'll see what happens.

In answer to the above:

1: Squad is improved imo with Markovic, Can, Lallana, possibly Remy, Moreno, Lovren. Also the current crop of young players are improving and I expect a couple to be promoted to the first team this season.

2: With nigh on 70 million (if figures are to be believed) plus out going sales to come in, I am sure if we can attract them, couple of starters will be brought in, maybe the likes of Di Maria, Isco, Firmino, Moura are names being banded about and do fit the profile (area) we need to strengthen to limit the loss of Suarez.

Spurs dealings last summer I very much doubt most of those signings were the managers choice.

We'll see what happens.

Yep. Not disagreeing, and confident it will be fine with Rodgers doing it.

Very easy for a club to make too much change when they get a windfall.

• Like 1

The other big difference is Liverpool were within a gnat's of winning the Prem last season, and Spurs were 5th the season before Bale left.

So I guess they felt they had more work to do.

Spurs still don't know what their best starting 11 is.

You mickey mousers might wish to take note that your friendly against Preston is on Bein Sports and others today, so chances are you'll be able to get it on the usual streaming sites.

It starts at 9pm Thailand time.

• Like 2

You mickey mousers might wish to take note that your friendly against Preston is on Bein Sports and others today, so chances are you'll be able to get it on the usual streaming sites.

nice one cheers fella

Borini joins Sunderland permanent for 14 mil per Sky 10 mins ago.

Good business: we have to suffer giving our idiot striker away following drunkenness and brawl incidents. Now he's posting pics of himself naked covering his manhood with a girlies bra. I could post the pic but I don't want to give the to$$er (Bendtner) any more oxygenfacepalm.gif

we appear to have got £14m for borini and replaced him with lambert for £4.5m and loic remy for £8m. which is not bad.

still like to see us bring in a proper couple of worldies though.

Would have liked to have maybe seen what Borini could have done after finding a bit of form at Sunderland. Not sure why BR bought him now...anyway good bit of business, selling a player and actually getting a return for a change (Suarez aside).

If Remy does sign I think that is a shrewd bit of business, a great squad addition with potential to be a a lot more and at 8M well worth the punt.

If the right worldies are available for the right position I reckon they will be got.

• Like 1

Better get your LB sorted and decide what you're going to do with Flano.

Cos unless you've got a strike force of the quality of Suarez, Messi and Neymar, there might be a few slip ups against sides like Chelsea even without Ba.

Neeeaaaah.

smile.png

Cheers, watching it now

Better get your LB sorted and decide what you're going to do with Flano.

Cos unless you've got a strike force of the quality of Suarez, Messi and Neymar, there might be a few slip ups against sides like Chelsea even without Ba.

Neeeaaaah.

smile.png

I'll pass that on to Brenda when I see him again in Morrisons .I'm sure he'll appreciate your insightsaai.gif

• Like 1

1-0 to PNE, and deservedly so. Our defense is still a massive worry to me, and will be until we settle it down. I demand a major defensive signing or I am going to be very very upset and throw all my toys out of the pram. I just have no idea what to do about it all. I like MS and DA, but I can't rely on either of them GJ is not good enough defensively (and has gone backwards going forwardsblink.png ), and though I like Flanno's progress, he is still not the finished article. defense was never my thing, but i know it still needs work.

1-0 to PNE, and deservedly so. Our defense is still a massive worry to me, and will be until we settle it down. I demand a major defensive signing or I am going to be very very upset and throw all my toys out of the pram. I just have no idea what to do about it all. I like MS and DA, but I can't rely on either of them GJ is not good enough defensively (and has gone backwards going forwardsblink.png ), and though I like Flanno's progress, he is still not the finished article. defense was never my thing, but i know it still needs work.

Any problem, just call Mourinho.

smile.png

A great showing by our young guns. Ibe is going to be (is) class. It was good to see Coatez playing again, and for some reson our defensive set up seemed much more capable with the kids. I think it came down to harder work by the midfield in front of the back three and a more compact shape. i really enjoyed the game, and it shows great prospects.

• Like 2

In the last two seasons: Remy and Lambert, 48 PL goals. Cost LFC £13M combined. Borini, 8 PL goals. LFC receiving £14M. Great business.

Be lucky if we get 14 quid after tonight! If that deal was done and dusted, why did he get 60+minssad.png

In the last two seasons: Remy and Lambert, 48 PL goals. Cost LFC £13M combined. Borini, 8 PL goals. LFC receiving £14M. Great business.

Be lucky if we get 14 quid after tonight! If that deal was done and dusted, why did he get 60+minssad.png

Yeah that was strange. He hasn't agreed personal terms yet.