Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Jared, that would be fantastic news in my opinion. Likely would mean the stadium plans would go forward and would mean someone other than tweedle dee and tweedle dum has the final say. Anything is better than them, in my opinion. Can you point me to any of those rumor stories about it being Liverpool? I read it on the comments of some story about Liverpool as well that the poster had heard this rumor.

dunno man, i'd be a bit surprised since why would any investor in liverpool leak it as 'unnamed' first rather than announcing the whole thing? stranger things have happened but since gillett has sold his stake in the montreal canadians yesterday i'm not holding my breath.

Ya, I agree. I was cheering when I read "Liverpool Owner" and "sold" in the title but then I read on and was disappointed. Not all bad, though, means he will be able to pay his share of debt and perhaps means plenty of funds for transfers available, if we must keep them at least they need to get it sorted out.

Ya, I agree. I was cheering when I read "Liverpool Owner" and "sold" in the title but then I read on and was disappointed. Not all bad, though, means he will be able to pay his share of debt and perhaps means plenty of funds for transfers available, if we must keep them at least they need to get it sorted out.

Maybe you have a new Arab owner as well - 60% anyway. Lots of specualation as to which club they bought - but LP would be a candidate no?

Can't see them investing in Wigan or similar.

Just read some fuc_king nonsense, it gets really stupid this time of year doesn't it? Some idiot rag said Chelsea will bid for Torres and Alonso. Please, Torres has no chance of leaving and if Alonso was allowed to leave it would not be to a huge title rival. Give me a break.

Considering Portsmouth of all clubs was just bought by a Middle Eastern man, that story could really be about anybody, including Wigan.

Edited by Jimjim

Just read some fuc_king nonsense, it gets really stupid this time of year doesn't it? Some idiot rag said Chelsea will bid for Torres and Alonso. Please, Torres has no chance of leaving and if Alonso was allowed to leave it would not be to a huge title rival. Give me a break.

Considering Portsmouth of all clubs was just bought by a Middle Eastern man, that story could really be about anybody, including Wigan.

I agree with you about the rags and the rumours - just tell me when the deals are done.

If I had to guess which club was purchased, I would suggest a London based one - maybe they bought out the Russian?? and have taken Arsenal.

But then again, maybe one of your owners is cashing in? That too would make sense. Let's wait and see.

the sunday papers are always worse. the chelsea/torres story was downright embarrassing as it came from two tame chelsea journos in duncan castles and that knobhead rob shepherd about a week after torres said he has no intention of ever leaving liverpool. pathetic 'journalism'.

I agree with you about the rags and the rumours - just tell me when the deals are done.

If I had to guess which club was purchased, I would suggest a London based one - maybe they bought out the Russian?? and have taken Arsenal.

But then again, maybe one of your owners is cashing in? That too would make sense. Let's wait and see.

could be everton. could be spurs. could be one of the newly promoteds like birmingham or wolves. i'd still be very surprised if it's us. would love it like.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5395106,00.html

Now there claiming its a Top English club, surely has to be one of the top 4?

Cant see the Glaziers selling up.

Arsenal have been doing everything they can to stop that russian bloke getting more shares.

Chelsea, maybe if Abramovich has had enough of his play toy.

That rumour site is http://www.football-rumours.co.uk

Not the most reliable source as it seems to be full of kids posting crap but there used to be a guy on there who got nearly everything right.

this is our big news today. quite a CV he has:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...090622-0912.htm

LFC APPOINTS MANAGING DIRECTOR

Paul Eaton 22 June 2009 christian_purslow.jpg Liverpool FC Co-Chairmen, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, today announced the appointment of Christian Purslow as Managing Director of the Club. Christian Purslow will assume overall management of the Club until the appointment of a new Chief Executive, and will then continue as a Board Director. As Managing Director, Purslow will represent the owners and oversee all financial and operational aspects of the Club, working with Rafa Benitez on player transfers and with the Club's Group Chief Financial Officer, Philip Nash and Commercial Director, Ian Ayre on Club and commercial management.

George Gillett said: "Tom and I felt that it was important to put a highly experienced and respected executive in place to run the Club and support the senior team and the Manager. There's a lot to get done over the summer to build on the great season we just had and Christian will be a valuable addition to the team."

Tom Hicks added: "Christian has been a great supporter of the Club for many years and he's already built up good relationships at Anfield. His strategic and commercial acumen will be a real asset and we're delighted that he has made a long term commitment to the Club."

Christian Purslow, 45, a long time Liverpool season ticket holder, is an Executive Board member of MidOcean Partners, a private equity firm which he co-founded. He was previously a director of Morgan Grenfell Private Equity. Prior to his private equity career Purslow was Head of Media, Cable and Entertainment for Schroder Salomon Smith Barney in Europe and head of UK Mergers and Acquisitions for Credit Suisse First Boston. Purslow is a fluent Spanish speaker, has a modern Languages degree from Cambridge University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.

Executive search firm Odgers Berndtson is conducting the CEO recruitment process and an appointment will be made in due course.

REDS AGREE JOHNSON DEAL

LFC TV

Liverpool FC confirmed this evening that they had reached an agreement with Portsmouth Football Club and with Glen Johnson for the transfer of the player to Anfield.

but according to the press we're skint aren't we and must sell alonso and mascherano before we can afford to buy even a bag of crisps?

johnson's cost less than is being reported by the way. 12m buy-out clause and pompey owed us 7m.

Great News, yeah I think your right about the 12million buy out clause, I remember something about that back in Jan when he signed his new contract. His reported 100k per week seems a bit high, especially as its reported today in the Mirror that Masch is only on 30k per week.

mascherano isn't on 30k a week. and johnson isn't getting 100k a week either. press have gone mental this summer.

I agree some of the sh1t they are printing this year is outstanding. They obviously know less than usual so its the "quick make it up time" Im still laughing at Torres to Man Utd then Torres to Chelsea.......... :)

mascherano isn't on 30k a week. and johnson isn't getting 100k a week either. press have gone mental this summer.

I agree some of the sh1t they are printing this year is outstanding. They obviously know less than usual so its the "quick make it up time" Im still laughing at Torres to Man Utd then Torres to Chelsea.......... :)

it's the laziness of it as much as anything. torres issues his 'i am never leaving liverpool' statement then three days later it's 'chelsea and man utd to tempt torres with 50m bid'.

chelsea's PR department in particular is working overtime this summer. they've been linked with kaka, aguero, pato, ribery, torres, villa, alonso. . . .kenyon must be keeping abramovich of his back.

it's the laziness of it as much as anything. torres issues his 'i am never leaving liverpool' statement then three days later it's 'chelsea and man utd to tempt torres with 50m bid'.

chelsea's PR department in particular is working overtime this summer. they've been linked with kaka, aguero, pato, ribery, torres, villa, alonso. . . .kenyon must be keeping abramovich of his back.

Don't think it was the PR department, more likely a subscription / sales department of newspapers creating demand.

Haven't really seen any strikers strongly linked with Liverpool lately, guess someone from the club needs to start the rumors going. :) Hopefully, though, nice, quiet deals for a couple of more players will only be in the press once they're done and settled. That's the way to do it.

Haven't really seen any strikers strongly linked with Liverpool lately, guess someone from the club needs to start the rumors going. :) Hopefully, though, nice, quiet deals for a couple of more players will only be in the press once they're done and settled. That's the way to do it.

we signed a 16 year old striker from rushden and diamonds yesterday. :D

can't remember the latest with wham, need m singh here for that. think their icelandic consortium went broke though didn't it? so it could well be them.

Thought it was only me that said that, its what it says when they're playing on TV, none of my mates get it. :)

He sold a few months ago now....., MSingh.....?

redrus

can't remember the latest with wham, need m singh here for that. think their icelandic consortium went broke though didn't it? so it could well be them.

Thought it was only me that said that, its what it says when they're playing on TV, none of my mates get it. :)

redrus

i've called them that for a while. between that and 'the irons' they're the gayest team in the division.

redrus

i've called them that for a while. between that and 'the irons' they're the gayest team in the division.

"Were forever blowin" n that, you may have a point there....

redrus

redrus

"Were forever blowin" n that, you may have a point there....

redrus

ah, the michael jackson / chimpanzee song. . .