Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well that didn't look too good.

The 2nd half was a bit more like it but just needed that bit of luck.

Lucas was unlucky with the header.It's gonna be a matter of time before he starts sticking them chances away.

I hope Rafa is right about his comment (gonna see a different team on Sunday).

Is Czech out for our game?

i'm worried about the chelsea game. they've got lots of big lads who are all aerial threats. we haven't and look like conceding from every dead ball.

well Stevie: looking at Chelsea's last two games (nicosia and wigan) they have issues at the back too. Don't think we'll be seeing a nil nil on sunday.

i'm worried about the chelsea game. they've got lots of big lads who are all aerial threats. we haven't and look like conceding from every dead ball.

Ironically,I think that aerial threats from dead ball situations are OUR achilles heel.Should be interesting to see whether Ancellotti keeps faith with Terry and Carvalho at the back.

Anyone feeling nervous about today's encounter? I think we can get the win if we really play to out best.

What a boost 3 points would make looking at the table at the moment. I cant even consider what a loss would do to our season though.

we're capable of winning, but we're fragile at the back at the minute. think he could throw agger straight back in which is a gamble. if torres, kuyt and gerrard are firing then we could win it. i won't be betting on a win though.

Look at it this way, at least the goals didn't come from set pieces. I think that match deserved a draw. Masch man of the match for me, even giving the ball away that led to the first goal. Drogba showed his best (assists on both goals) and worst (flopping like a sissy). We controlled large portions of that match yet just couldn't find a goal. Should have got a consolation at the end, Benni missed a sitter.

Well, not happy times all in all for the last 2 games of course and the beginning of the season. Dropped 9 points whereas the leaders have dropped just 3 and the second team 5. This was a game that's "acceptable" to lose I guess, away to Chelsea. Still disappointing. We've got to go back on a winning streak and hope Chelsea start to drop more points and that we can beat Man U at Anfield. Now we have 2 weeks to stew on this loss before the next match. Frustrating...

Look at it this way, at least the goals didn't come from set pieces. I think that match deserved a draw. Masch man of the match for me, even giving the ball away that led to the first goal. Drogba showed his best (assists on both goals) and worst (flopping like a sissy). We controlled large portions of that match yet just couldn't find a goal. Should have got a consolation at the end, Benni missed a sitter.

Well, not happy times all in all for the last 2 games of course and the beginning of the season. Dropped 9 points whereas the leaders have dropped just 3 and the second team 5. This was a game that's "acceptable" to lose I guess, away to Chelsea. Still disappointing. We've got to go back on a winning streak and hope Chelsea start to drop more points and that we can beat Man U at Anfield. Now we have 2 weeks to stew on this loss before the next match. Frustrating...

I thought we were fortunate to get the win,Jim.It was a game between two teams struggling to find some form so it was tense and nervy.

- stick a fork in Carragher.

- Masch definitely gets the MotM.

- Drogba beats Torres in the crying game.

- i hate Ballack.

- i like this Hilario guy.

- when i saw the lineups, i was happy to see Reira. by half time, i was unhappy to see Reira. this game would've been better suited with Benayoun on the left.

lastly... it's ok to lose in Chelsea, no big deal. we won't look back on this game and say it's what cost us the league.

Benayoun has had problems with a thigh strain so wasn't fit to play the whole game. Riera can play better, and was our best option to start. Evidently Rafa didn't want to risk Benayoun for the whole game because of his injury and thought he'd be better to come on as a super sub. didn't quite work out, but it sure could have. Also, Riera keeps position better and that's what we need in a match with a team the quality of Chelsea.

Argh, Drogba doesn't belong to the football pitch... Was glad the ref ignored him for the whole of the second half though... But he definitely frustrated the hel_l out of the defenders though... Sigh... Hope the big teams lose more again then.. Else it'll be "next season" again and everyone else will be laughing...

George Gillett: Blame Rafa Benitez for Liverpool form

By Soccernet staff

October 6, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

George Gillett has told disgruntled Liverpool fans that Rafa Benitez is solely responsible for the club's difficult start to the season and has defended his record of investment as co-owner of the club.

GettyImages

Gillett with his co-owner Tom Hicks.

Gillett and his co-owner Tom Hicks remain unpopular figures at Anfield following some PR mistakes, reported internal in-fighting in the past and a perception that they have not provided the funds required to give Liverpool a squad capable of challenging for honours.

Frustration has only grown amongst supporters after a start to the season that has seen Liverpool lose three of their opening eight games in the Premier League, with their most recent defeat coming on Sunday with a 2-0 loss at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge.

But Gillett claims both he and Hicks have injected sizeable funds into the club and that if performances are not of the required standard then Benitez and his methods must be placed under scrutiny.

"We have invested more money than our competitors, in keeping with the history of the club," the Guardian quotes Gillett as telling a representative of the fans' group Spirit of Shankly last week. "In the last 18 months, we have invested £128m on top of what has come in.

"That means it should be getting better. Now if it's not getting better, it's not Gillett and Hicks; it's the manager; it's the scouting. You have to make sure you balance out your analysis. There was plenty of money, so if you have any complaints, take a look at the ins and outs."

Repeating a claim made recently, Gillett also detailed how Liverpool are "in an extraordinarily good financial position. Far better than Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal."

Plans for a new stadium have been grounded due to the current economic climate but Gillett and Hicks remain committed to resurrecting the project when conditions improve.

he's a cowardly, two-faced, lying little shithouse is gillett. cheeky get in the same interview denied ever saying that he'd made the 'spade in the ground in 60 days' comment and tried to say that hicks had said it.

What kind of owner goes out in public and calls his manager a bad manager to deflect attention from his own shortcomings? What a bloody wanke_r. Also he likes to perpetuate lies that they've invested more competitors, when in net spend they haven't. Forget about that, aye Georgy? What a bloody wanke_r, that's all I can say and he deserves it.

Recent news indicates Gillett's words could have been parting shots at Rafa. Hurray?

If it's BS we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

edit: I mean, Gillett will possibly be selling his stake in the club to a Saudi investor, not Rafa leaving.

Edited by Jimjim

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing to do with International football, mate. Everybody saw this coming at least 8 weeks ago. Myopic Benitez needs to get over to specsavers and get a second pair free, because the ones that he's wearing ain't working.

Also nothing to do with the smallish budget that he had at his disposal. Bad transfer dealings once again will let him down. How the hel_l some of these so called football players ever got the chance to play for Liverpool beats me.

If we lose today that will be it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maca

international football can just fuc_k off. every times torres joins up with spain he comes back injured. bastards.

I remember the days ( & i'm only a Puppy so it wasn't that long ago ) when having Players from your Club represent their Countries was an honour & something to be proud of, how times change... :)

How do you think we feel Stevie when our Record Signing ( Ashton ) & main Man went off to play a Friendly over 2 Years back & broke his Ankle in a SWP tackle that he has never & won't recover from ???

Nothing to do with International football, mate. Everybody saw this coming at least 8 weeks ago. Myopic Benitez needs to get over to specsavers and get a second pair free, because the ones that he's wearing ain't working.

Also nothing to do with the smallish budget that he had at his disposal. Bad transfer dealings once again will let him down. How the hel_l some of these so called football players ever got the chance to play for Liverpool beats me.

If we lose today that will be it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maca

What a lot of common-sense you speak!

That's it.

Middle of October and our season's over!

Make no bones about it - there's no way we're still in it.

I said it 2 season's ago, and again last season - Rafa just does not have the savvy to win the EPL.

His transfer dealings have left us short, the squad lacks depth and we have no cover when key men are out - and that's not just down to a lack of funds:- it's a lack of insight and poor preparation.

And it's a lack of knowledge of the English game!

Totally weird team selection, tactical approach non-existent.

A wretched result of which we were lucky to escape with only a 1-0 loss!

Liverpool were absolute <deleted> yesterday and deserved nothing from the game but,that said,that goal should not have been allowed.

The beach ball was an obstruction interfering with play.The ref should have disallowed the goal and given a bounce up from where Bent made his shot.