Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

One of the best things about the new site look is they have an injured/suspensions page where you can see how close the injured players are to being back, although it could be more informative.

Worst things about the new site are that I am finding a lot of errors and login problems, etc.

Fair comment Jim.

Clearly he's not fit, even to make the bench. It makes me wonder about Alberto. Something else is going

on. It wasn't exactly a physical game. Man City eased the pain slightly but this game should have been 3

points. Next Sunday is far more important than Wednesday's game so I hope we don't make any

unnecessary risks.

Anyway, I thought Mascherano was great again. He is showing the passion we need at the moment.

Gutted again....its getting all to regular for my liking. Benitez is really starting to do my head in, some of his tactics IMO are crazy to say the least.....If I was Alberto I be saying a few Mama Mias, does not even get 5 mins and as quoted he is fully fit. The only way to get his match fitness is to get time on pitch??? Pi$$ed of again. Will be lucky to get anywhere near 4th.

Rafa was aksed about Aqualani at every interview of late.

He said, If a player is not fully fit I dont want to risk him in close games as he wont be up to speed and it can be a problem for the player and team.

I prefer to put him in a game late on if we are in a comfortable position and ease him in.

He also understand fans frustration and the players as Aqualani wants to be involved also...but said he is getting better every trainign session we are all loking at him very closley, Aqualani was supposed to play in a reseves game I think ealry on last week but it was cancelled at the last moment so they had friendly at Carrigton which he played in. Rafa also said Everton, Balckburn are both physical games and so maybe the Fiorentina game is ideal for us to give him - Aqualani a start...

Thats not a quote! lol but I have read loads of his intervies of late along those lines, just read them lfc Tv for example. Makes clear sense to me, why risk someone who is just getting his full fitness and who as not played in say 6 months and then put him in games like Everton or Blackburn? Fiorentina game makes mcuh more sense right? give him 60 mins and then start slowly bringing him in to EPL.

He said, If a player is not fully fit I dont want to risk him in close games as he wont be up to speed and it can be a problem for the player and team.

I prefer to put him in a game late on if we are in a comfortable position and ease him in.

He also understand fans frustration and the players as Aqualani wants to be involved also...but said he is getting better every trainign session we are all loking at him very closley, Aqualani was supposed to play in a reseves game I think ealry on last week but it was cancelled at the last moment so they had friendly at Carrigton which he played in. Rafa also said Everton, Balckburn are both physical games and so maybe the Fiorentina game is ideal for us to give him - Aqualani a start...

Thats not a quote! lol but I have read loads of his intervies of late along those lines, just read them lfc Tv for example. Makes clear sense to me, why risk someone who is just getting his full fitness and who as not played in say 6 months and then put him in games like Everton or Blackburn? Fiorentina game makes mcuh more sense right? give him 60 mins and then start slowly bringing him in to EPL.

I'm of the opinion he should have started against Blackburn, seeing as though Torres was out and Gerrard is not doing much, for me I would have gone with Ngog and Albert playing in the hole with Gerrard on the right. surely he could last a half?

Anyway no point crying over spilt milk.

As for him playing in midweek, yes, it will imporve his fitness, however I doubt both sides will go all guns blazing. He needs EPL games.....just think if he did have more playing time under his belt it would be ideal for him to play against Arsenal, we are crying out for creativity at the moment.

Thing is Mr Devil, you are not as a Team, getting yourselves into many of those positions this Season..

Edited by MSingh

Thing is Mr Devil, you are not as a Team, getting yourselves into many of those positions this Season..

Very true, unlike last season when we were scoring for fun.

Last season, though, we won many games at the very end, and it was somewhat rare to be scoring early goals and controlling from the beginning. We won more games from losing positions than any other club last season.

Horribly unlucky for Ngog not to score that goal, it just hopped up on the turf right before it got to him. Clear chance to score, there, I was actually surprised to not see a goal.

Rafa reveals Masch talks

LFC TV

Rafa Benitez has held 'positive talks' with Javier Mascherano over the midfielder's future at the club. The No.20 has returned to top form in recent weeks following a summer of newspaper speculation and Argentina's struggles for World Cup qualification.

art_javier_mascherano_3.jpg

And Benitez said: "We were talking with him and his agent a month ago about our idea and his idea."He's doing really well and has come back to his best. We were really pleased to talk to him to make progress. We have plenty of time but we are happy with him and he is happier now, too.

"He has two more years on his contract, we were talking before and we will sit down sooner rather than later and talk about the future.

"The last conversations that we had were very positive."

Meanwhile, Benitez is hoping to tie up a new contract for Pepe Reina over the coming months.

"We are very happy with him," said the boss. "He has been improving every single year and he will improve more because goalkeepers have more time in their career.

"He's always positive and he's one of the best in the training sessions because his attitude is always good.

"It depends on the agent and what the player wants but Pepe is very happy here in Liverpool so I don't see a big problem.

"The teammates love him because he's a very good example."

Just putting this out there. Let's say that Mascherano leaves in the summer for Barca. Not that I want him too or think he will, but let's just say hypothetically.

What Rafa needs to do is say, ok, give us 25-30 million pounds plus Seydou Keita. Being at Barca he knows how to pass well, he can play as a holding midfielder, he's big and strong, and can also score goals. I think he even just had a hat trick recently. I've admired him for a while. If Masch did leave I think he'd be a great replacement, although an older one.

Ideally, though, Masch should just stay.

Just putting this out there. Let's say that Mascherano leaves in the summer for Barca. Not that I want him too or think he will, but let's just say hypothetically.

What Rafa needs to do is say, ok, give us 25-30 million pounds plus Seydou Keita. Being at Barca he knows how to pass well, he can play as a holding midfielder, he's big and strong, and can also score goals. I think he even just had a hat trick recently. I've admired him for a while. If Masch did leave I think he'd be a great replacement, although an older one.

Ideally, though, Masch should just stay.

if we do sell mascherano to barca next summer i doubt very much if rafa will see much of the money the sale raises at all. he didn't get anything like the budget he was promised summer just gone, and with the owners needing to repay a 250m loan next summer, i don't expect him to get much budget then either.

we look like having to sell at least two players in january, most likely babel, voronin and dossena, to even pay for a couple of contract extensions for other players, including mascherano. it's a fuc_king shambles.

Yes, I think it's clear we need new ownership. Perhaps a rich Saudi Prince could team up with the Share LiverpoolFC bid and buy the arrogant wanke_rs both out. Looks far from that, at the moment. That'd be ideal, though, I think. We don't live an ideal world, though.

I think Dossena will be gone as he's not even playing at all. Useless just to pay him to sit there on the bench. Same with Voronin, barely playing, and I can't see him being sold for much. If any of them are sold for much it'd be Babel, if he does go.

i don't really see where any buyout can come from at the moment jim, what we really need to happen is for the americans to be unable to service their loans next summer and for the banks to devalue the club, making it a more attractive purchase. at the moment the two frauds are still holding out for massive profits so nobody is biting.

got no problem with dossena going, he seems a good lad so good luck to him. voronin i'd happily see dead and i don't see anyone really throwing money at babel when they know we'll probably loan him out in a world cup year just to get his wages off the books.

What do you guy's make of this...seems a bit strange?

Liverpool's Alberto Aquilani has been fit for a month - father

Italian star's dad bemused by son's lack of minutes...

Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has been fit for over a month, claims his father.

The former Roma player arrived on Merseyside in a blockbuster move after the two clubs agreed on a fee believed to be in the region of £17 million.

The 25-year-old spent months on the sidelines following an injury that required surgery, and has been used sparingly since making his debut in a League Cup tie at Arsenal in October.

However, the player's father - who is a Giallorossi medic - is dumbfounded as to why Rafael Benitez has been so reluctant to field his son in the Premier League.

"Alberto's available to play and has been for more than a month," he told The Guardian.

"He feels good and the injury has cleared up, and now the only way he can get truly fit is to play more and more minutes.

"He is desperate to get his career in England up and running. He has been very frustrated, first at being injured, then at not being chosen to play for so long. Obviously he's not happy at waiting for such a long time to get involved with the team.

"I don't know the reasons why Benítez has chosen not to play him since he came back for injury.

"That is an issue for Alberto. He must convince the coach that he has to play. I don't know of any special motivation for Benítez in not playing him."

The Liverpool manager has so far maintained that he has no intention of shoving the silky passer into an intense situation, as he wishes to ease him back to full fitness.

And despite being unhappy with his son's situation, Aquilani Snr concedes that the Roma youth product has settled down very well in England.

"He is really happy in Liverpool, he has settled in really well," he said.

"He's getting to grips with the language, which was a problem at first, and he is always surrounded by friends, family and his fiance.

"He likes the city a lot, the culture, the football and the atmosphere at the stadiums. He has been really impressed by the bond the crowd have with the players."

i don't really see where any buyout can come from at the moment jim, what we really need to happen is for the americans to be unable to service their loans next summer and for the banks to devalue the club, making it a more attractive purchase. at the moment the two frauds are still holding out for massive profits so nobody is biting.

got no problem with dossena going, he seems a good lad so good luck to him. voronin i'd happily see dead and i don't see anyone really throwing money at babel when they know we'll probably loan him out in a world cup year just to get his wages off the books.

This is exactly what happened to us this Year Stevie you know, now we're in the hands of Creditors who will just strip our assets & have done already with the likes of Bellamy & Collins going without being replaced properly..

January is something that i am petrified of, you just wait & see.

That's if we don't get bought out of course which i can't really foresee happening even though there are BIG rumours that a buyout is happening this week, just as there has been for the past God knows how many weeks so i won't hold my breath.

I can see the same thing happening to you lot with what i read on here, just on a bigger scale to us.

This is exactly what happened to us this Year Stevie you know, now we're in the hands of Creditors who will just strip our assets & have done already with the likes of Bellamy & Collins going without being replaced properly..

That's if we don't get bought out of course which i can't really foresee happening even though there are BIG rumours that a buyout is happening this week, just as there has been for the past God knows how many weeks so i won't hold my breath.

I can see the same thing happening to you lot with what i read on here, just on a bigger scale to us.

yeah m, my biggest concern right now is that next summer the owners aren't able to service their debts so RBS looks to asset-strip the club to raise capital. which could mean selling the likes of reina, mascherano, torres, johnson. . . .doesn't bear thinking about.

at present we're too expensive for anyone to consider buying as our debts and liabilities far outweigh the assets we have on the pitch.

What do you guy's make of this...seems a bit strange?

Liverpool's Alberto Aquilani has been fit for a month - father

Italian star's dad bemused by son's lack of minutes...

Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has been fit for over a month, claims his father.

The former Roma player arrived on Merseyside in a blockbuster move after the two clubs agreed on a fee believed to be in the region of £17 million.

The 25-year-old spent months on the sidelines following an injury that required surgery, and has been used sparingly since making his debut in a League Cup tie at Arsenal in October.

However, the player's father - who is a Giallorossi medic - is dumbfounded as to why Rafael Benitez has been so reluctant to field his son in the Premier League.

"Alberto's available to play and has been for more than a month," he told The Guardian.

"He feels good and the injury has cleared up, and now the only way he can get truly fit is to play more and more minutes.

"He is desperate to get his career in England up and running. He has been very frustrated, first at being injured, then at not being chosen to play for so long. Obviously he's not happy at waiting for such a long time to get involved with the team.

"I don't know the reasons why Benítez has chosen not to play him since he came back for injury.

"That is an issue for Alberto. He must convince the coach that he has to play. I don't know of any special motivation for Benítez in not playing him."

The Liverpool manager has so far maintained that he has no intention of shoving the silky passer into an intense situation, as he wishes to ease him back to full fitness.

And despite being unhappy with his son's situation, Aquilani Snr concedes that the Roma youth product has settled down very well in England.

"He is really happy in Liverpool, he has settled in really well," he said.

"He's getting to grips with the language, which was a problem at first, and he is always surrounded by friends, family and his fiance.

"He likes the city a lot, the culture, the football and the atmosphere at the stadiums. He has been really impressed by the bond the crowd have with the players."

Rafa confirms Aquilani start

Rafael Benitez today confirmed Alberto Aquilani will make his first Liverpool start in Wednesday's Champions League clash with Fiorentina at Anfield.

copy_(2)_of_prop091028-29-arsenal_liverpool.jpg

An ankle injury has meant the Italy international has been restricted to just three cameo appearances since his summer arrival from Roma.

However, confident Aquilani's fitness concerns are now firmly behind him, Benitez is ready to hand the Reds' new No.4 his full debut.

The boss told Liverpoolfc.tv: "He will start tomorrow. He will do a proper warm-up on his own, and also with the fitness coach, so we will take care of him and he will be ready."

Aquilani has remained on the bench for Liverpool's last two outings against Everton and Blackburn Rovers.

"We decided we couldn't take any risks with him," explained the boss. "It wouldn't have been good for him or us.

"We were always considering playing him (against Blackburn), but when the game is so tight and physical, sometimes it can be worse for the player to play for 10-15 minutes.

"We wanted to protect him and give him the best opportunity to play well. Hopefully Wednesday will be the day.

"He has quality, good vision and is dynamic. It is a question of match fitness, but I think we will see some of these things against Fiorentina.

"If he can carry on training properly and play some games, we will see his quality.

"He is a player with experience at international level, which is important, but he is in a new country with different teammates, so he has to settle down and will need time.

"Each individual is different, but normally players need time."

Author: James Carroll

LFC TV

yeah m, my biggest concern right now is that next summer the owners aren't able to service their debts so RBS looks to asset-strip the club to raise capital. which could mean selling the likes of reina, mascherano, torres, johnson. . . .doesn't bear thinking about.

at present we're too expensive for anyone to consider buying as our debts and liabilities far outweigh the assets we have on the pitch.

Not looking good and yes they have to raise money from somewhere to service the Clubs debts...

Does anyone know if our game is on tv in the morning?

I noticed they didn't even show the mancs or chelski this morning.

I'm sure Barca will be on one channel.

Dying to see Auquilani play.

if there are any other important matches you may be out of luck LS.

Does anyone know if our game is on tv in the morning?

I noticed they didn't even show the mancs or chelski this morning.

I'm sure Barca will be on one channel.

Dying to see Auquilani play.

could have to make do with an online stream since the match is a dead rubber.

Looks like poor coverage of Champions League this year, eh? Doesn't ESPN/Star cover 2 live matches a week and then show a few more delayed? Such a shame the Thai broadcast channels have the rights now.

Anyway, I'll watch the full Liverpool on lfc.tv, albeit a few hours delayed. Should be interesting for anyone who wants to get a look at Aquilani, even other fans.

Well, as for buying the club, there were the strong rumors of the Saudi Prince.

Also, Gillett's deal to sell the hockey team just went through, so he should have lots of dough at the moment, right?

Well tried to watch it on the live stream with a wireless connection. Crap.

Got fed up with it and went back to sleep after us being up 1-0. Opened up the computer this morning and

what do I see? Gutted. Ok, this game meant nothing (yeah right). It looked like a pretty big crowd to me.

Whats happening? Were they that much better? Frustration :) .

Ok thats my little vent finished.

Bring on the Gunners.

was pretty symptomatic of our season really. poor first half, played ok second half, blew it at the end. plus points were aquilani getting a runout, pacheco looking promising, torres being back. minuses were darby not looking up to scratch, general lack of concentration and the confidence not really looking there. i'm worried about arsenal giving us a bit of a runaround on sunday.

Looks like poor coverage of Champions League this year, eh? Doesn't ESPN/Star cover 2 live matches a week and then show a few more delayed? Such a shame the Thai broadcast channels have the rights now.

3 games were on last night, on 4 channels last night ones of importance ie Inter/Barca and 1 other whom i forget, why would they show Liverpools game, when you are out and it had as much significance as a friendly.

You'll be on all the games on Thursdays for the coming few seasons as youre the big draw in Europa Cup.

3 games were on last night, on 4 channels last night ones of importance ie Inter/Barca and 1 other whom i forget, why would they show Liverpools game, when you are out and it had as much significance as a friendly.

You'll be on all the games on Thursdays for the coming few seasons as youre the big draw in Europa Cup.

:):D:D

was pretty symptomatic of our season really. poor first half, played ok second half, blew it at the end. plus points were aquilani getting a runout, pacheco looking promising, torres being back. minuses were darby not looking up to scratch, general lack of concentration and the confidence not really looking there. i'm worried about arsenal giving us a bit of a runaround on sunday.

Have faith Stevie.

A 2-0 win on sunday. Come on Reds.