Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

i think that statement of support was really, really conditional wasn't it? they also stated that results have not been acceptable and that things must improve. sounded really guarded to me and i think it was clear that they as owners aren't happy with the state of things.

that said i can't see them removing him before the summer unless he does something appalling to one of their daughters or something. the right man won't necessarily be available until the summer so we'll have to suffer this buffoon and his cluelessness for another six months.

no idea why the uefa cup match is on a wednesday. good though 'cos it means we play on saturday again instead of sunday.

I think it's on a Wednesday because there's not Champions League this week. But then again, I don't know if that's been done like that before so whatever. I will not take the time to look it up.

Anyway, I just watched the pre-Utrecht press conference and it was painful, Roy was making a tit out of himself. When asked about the owner's comments on the phone in show about results being unacceptable he said they were talking about earlier in the season and that out of the last 5 or 6 games, only Arsenal and Man U have better records than Liverpool. What? I checked it out, we are 11th on the form guide table and if you take the last 5 instead of 6 we're 6 points from the last 5. Are you kidding me, Roy? If he was talking about European matches in the last 5 or 6 total we only have an away draw to throw in there. I can only think he was only thinking about home matches in his mind but that wasn't in the question and he never qualified it and said he was talking about only home matches, that was never mentioned by him or the press when he made this statement. Just looked like a complete idiot with that, really. Not surprising, aye?

However long or not he's with us, of course I'll still support whatever team he puts out and however he has them play. And if we could get at least a Europa League Final of course I'd love that as well, and to win it. Question is, if he could pull that off like he nearly did with Fulham would that be enough for him to keep his job? I think the jury's still out on what the owners will do but perhaps they really do want to put their stamp on Liverpool by appointing their own manager, eventually.

Funny you should mention that Jim, I was thinking the same the other day.

I'm sure we'd rather finish in the top 4 but if we could do both that would be great.

Winning the europa cup may just keep him at Anfield and lets not forget that winning it would be their first trophy in Red for some of our key players. Mixed emotions.

Did anyone get a chance to see Ian Ayre, Tom Werner and John Henry on LFCtv?

Roy got a right bashing on the phone inns.

yes, and roy only eventually got a bashing after it seemed LFCTV stopped screening calls which were critical of the manager. werner's comments amounted to a vote of confidence i thought, very much 'things had better improve fast 'cos they're not acceptable at the minute' style of thing.

i can't believe i stayed awake to watch that dross last night. uefa cup, dead rubber, give the kids a game and have a bit of fun and we STILL stick ten men behind the ball and defend at anfield. get out roy.

great PR stunt.

We always said he was a waiter didn't we :whistling: us down the east lancs hope he returns and keeps serving all the scousers up the same spanish paella...manuel!!!! save us from relegation and the dreaded 19 :lol:

i think that statement of support was really, really conditional wasn't it? they also stated that results have not been acceptable and that things must improve. sounded really guarded to me and i think it was clear that they as owners aren't happy with the state of things.

that said i can't see them removing him before the summer unless he does something appalling to one of their daughters or something. the right man won't necessarily be available until the summer so we'll have to suffer this buffoon and his cluelessness for another six months.

no idea why the uefa cup match is on a wednesday. good though 'cos it means we play on saturday again instead of sunday.

I think it's on a Wednesday because there's not Champions League this week. But then again, I don't know if that's been done like that before so whatever. I will not take the time to look it up.

Anyway, I just watched the pre-Utrecht press conference and it was painful, Roy was making a tit out of himself. When asked about the owner's comments on the phone in show about results being unacceptable he said they were talking about earlier in the season and that out of the last 5 or 6 games, only Arsenal and Man U have better records than Liverpool. What? I checked it out, we are 11th on the form guide table and if you take the last 5 instead of 6 we're 6 points from the last 5. Are you kidding me, Roy? If he was talking about European matches in the last 5 or 6 total we only have an away draw to throw in there. I can only think he was only thinking about home matches in his mind but that wasn't in the question and he never qualified it and said he was talking about only home matches, that was never mentioned by him or the press when he made this statement. Just looked like a complete idiot with that, really. Not surprising, aye?

However long or not he's with us, of course I'll still support whatever team he puts out and however he has them play. :DAnd if we could get at least a Europa League Final :D of course I'd love that as well, and to win it. Question is, if he could pull that off like he nearly did with Fulham would that be enough for him to keep his job? I think the jury's still out on what the owners will do but perhaps they really do want to put their stamp on Liverpool by appointing their own manager, eventually.

, do 1 ya clown.

Nice picture, Stevie. Did he answer any questions?

I was looking for pictures online confirming he's on Merseyside and funny here was the only place I saw anything.

Then I realized it would only be natural for him to be there, even if still Inter manager, as he still keeps his home in Liverpool and they have a winter break in Italy.

Nice picture, Stevie. Did he answer any questions?

I was looking for pictures online confirming he's on Merseyside and funny here was the only place I saw anything.

Then I realized it would only be natural for him to be there, even if still Inter manager, as he still keeps his home in Liverpool and they have a winter break in Italy.

some lad captured that off sky sports on the telly. apparently his wife and kids haven't liked italy at all and they've not settled there - and as rafa has repeatedly stated, his home is the wirral. his daughter was re-enrolled in nursery school on merseyside this week as well.

i'll be amazed if he's re-appointed to the LFC job but would still absolutely love it if he was. part of me thinks that it might be a bad idea to go back though, you know how it is. i think he probably needs six months off. he's been fighting internal battles with club administrators for the past two and a half years rather than getting on with just managing football teams. he probably needs a break.

I would have thought that baring in mind there won't be much in the transfer kitty, the owners, looking to appease the fans would look very favourably at bring Benitez back. Not sure whether he'd feel the same without money to spend though.

Why, out of interest, do you think it unlikely?

I would have thought that baring in mind there won't be much in the transfer kitty, the owners, looking to appease the fans would look very favourably at bring Benitez back. Not sure whether he'd feel the same without money to spend though.

Why, out of interest, do you think it unlikely?

just don't think that there's much percentage in ever going back. notwithstanding that one or two of the most influential players at liverpool were not on the best of terms with benitez by the end.

first things first we have to get shut of hodgson before he does any further damage. i'd happily see a caretaker in between now and the summer and review then.

I would love it as well stevie if he was re-appointed, with roy in charge the comic material just hasn't been the same_even if the results have ;)

Earlier this week i expressed amazement at the ridiculous story about Tevez begging to be taken back by SAF, but this one linking Rafa with a move back to Liverpool, manages to trump it for ridiculousness simply by the reaction of some of the fans, that even now still carry a flame for the man. Unbelievable.

I would love it as well stevie if he was re-appointed, with roy in charge the comic material just hasn't been the same_even if the results have ;)

Earlier this week i expressed amazement at the ridiculous story about Tevez begging to be taken back by SAF, but this one linking Rafa with a move back to Liverpool, manages to trump it for ridiculousness simply by the reaction of some of the fans, that even now still carry a flame for the man. Unbelievable.

I'd LOVE Liverpool to reappoint him. He's rubbish. Twice sacked in 6 months, having virtually destroyed Liverpool with his signings, team picks and tactics. But surely Liverpool aren't yet desperate enough to re-hire him.

If I were Liverpool I'd be getting an ASBO on him so he can't come near the ground.

Edited by sharecropper

I was told just yesterday that a poll (don't know by who) was done on LFC fans regarding Benitez and a staggering 75% wanted him back!! I think a lot of this thing has to do with the fact that he has openly voiced his affection for the club, the area, bought a house that he still has etc etc and fans feel a bond with him. I'm not going with the sticking up for whatever on his own against H and G. In his last season he was paid an enormous salary, did a lousy job, the football was largely dreadful and the squad lacking in any depth. For him to be somehow immune from blame is folly. Strange because his record at Anfield prior was very good. I do see though why the fans seem to bond with him because at the end of the day he's a very decent bloke, and afterall they did win the CL with him, and he took them too another final aswell.

I was told just yesterday that a poll (don't know by who) was done on LFC fans regarding Benitez and a staggering 75% wanted him back!! I think a lot of this thing has to do with the fact that he has openly voiced his affection for the club, the area, bought a house that he still has etc etc and fans feel a bond with him. I'm not going with the sticking up for whatever on his own against H and G. In his last season he was paid an enormous salary, did a lousy job, the football was largely dreadful and the squad lacking in any depth. For him to be somehow immune from blame is folly. Strange because his record at Anfield prior was very good. I do see though why the fans seem to bond with him because at the end of the day he's a very decent bloke, and afterall they did win the CL with him, and he took them too another final aswell.

Great, sign him up Carmine - would have preferred him to have a good at Citeh, but hey can't ask for everything at Christmas can we.

why? he had one bad season at liverpool and took us to two european cup finals in five seasons plus our best league season in over 20 years in 08/09. it still amazes me just how much fans of other clubs don't rate him. he's a top, top manager.

I'd LOVE Liverpool to reappoint him. He's rubbish. Twice sacked in 6 months, having virtually destroyed Liverpool with his signings, team picks and tactics. But surely Liverpool aren't yet desperate enough to re-hire him.

If I were Liverpool I'd be getting an ASBO on him so he can't come near the ground.

aww and look bitter blue is back. you've been awfully quiet on here lately. is that because the moyesiah is somehow managing to make hodgson look like a competent manager this season?

aww and look bitter blue is back. you've been awfully quiet on here lately. is that because the moyesiah is somehow managing to make hodgson look like a competent manager this season?

you mean beating citeh with 10 men stevie?

why? he had one bad season at liverpool and took us to two european cup finals in five seasons plus our best league season in over 20 years in 08/09. it still amazes me just how much fans of other clubs don't rate him. he's a top, top manager.

He was given time and he was given money, and although he did well in cup competitions, most notably the Champions League, in the Premier League he failed.

The statistic "best league season in over 20 years" sounds great but it is measuring by a pretty low bar, that i feel Rafa should have been hopping over not just once, but most seasons. The reason why he didn't was because tactically he had a habit of messing up. Here are a few examples:

1) excessive squad rotation that he insisted on for a season or two despite all the criticism it received - it became a personal issue for him and he took ages swallowing his pride and reviewing his policy. As soon as he did, performances improved.

2) zonal marking was a similar problem. I'm not saying that zonal marking doesn't work for all teams, but when Rafa was employing it at Liverpool, for whatever reason, i don't think it did work. Perhaps the players didn't understand it. Whatever the reason, Rafa should have changed things - it's what a manager does when things aren't working. Instead he stuck with it, insisting that he knew best. He's a proud man and it is this side of him that i believe cost the team.

3) Bizarre substitutions - taking attacking players (and often your best players too) off with games still in the balance, and subsequently losing games or getting draws, when wins were there for the taking, if only the manager had some balls.

Top top manager? Nah, not in my book. A good manager that has been over-rated. A good manager that had his moments at Liverpool, but who could have delivered so much more. A good manager who after five years, left the team in a pretty bad state. A good manager who has made a right royal screw up of his latest career move. A good manager who benefits from a loyal army of supporters who are always at the ready with a list of excuses for his latest failure....

Nah - I was sulking after being suspended (again)! :lol:

But you're right about our misfiring season. Often my only succour is looking at yours, which cheers me up a bit.

Reina to Man U? That would be an interesting buy. And what do you make of the Joe Cole saga? I thought Woy had sanctioned that purchase.

What a load of <deleted> again, waking up early to watch that crap. The only bit of good play was Konchesky getting taking off and the response from the crowd.

Wolves have or did have the worst away record in the entire country and just when I thought we were getting our home record back to being somewhat decent.

One step forward two steps back.