Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I just had a look at our bench. Wow I am well happy with our squad, top quality at the peak of their careers. Seriously though, looking at that won't send shivers down many spines, looking forward OK but for now we need more players who have been there and done it before if we are gonna get in the top (nearly alfie...nearly).

Go on say it, you know you want to laugh.png

I just had a look at our bench. Wow I am well happy with our squad, top quality at the peak of their careers. Seriously though, looking at that won't send shivers down many spines, looking forward OK but for now we need more players who have been there and done it before if we are gonna get in the top (nearly alfie...nearly).

Go on say it, you know you want to laugh.png

NO! I won't, I won't I know you want me to... but I won'tbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Stirling winds me right up, he need to learn the basics of control and passing; running isn't enough. i would have preffered to have seen Ibe coming on. Still 1-3 (messes up my prediction, but makes me feel better) is good enough for me.

Who is the Irish guy who does the commentary on radio 5 live? I love him for his brash honesty. "Henderson crosses, that's rubbish" I love the guy, and miss listening to him, no more though.

Belfast accent? Alan Green?

We were poor today but got away with it. 3 at the back is awful and the midfield is a mess. Suarez and sturridge looking good again though.

And yes, the first goal was a handball. Just glad it wasn't Suarez.

Who is the Irish guy who does the commentary on radio 5 live? I love him for his brash honesty. "Henderson crosses, that's rubbish" I love the guy, and miss listening to him, no more though.

We were poor today but got away with it. 3 at the back is awful and the midfield is a mess. Suarez and sturridge looking good again though.

Summed it up well!

2nd goal was a good move, that was about it. Winning ugly, I will take.

Thought Sturridge and Suarez linked up well and will be a big threat. As someone said, really looking forward to having Coutinho back too.

Summed it up well!

Thought Sturridge and Suarez linked up well and will be a big threat. As someone said, really looking forward to having Coutinho back too.

we just looked disjointed and were sitting back and inviting sunderland on too much i thought. perhaps not surprising when you've got 6 out of your 11 players playing basically out of position or in roles they're not suited too. moses is no hole player that's for sure.

still, win's a win.

Summed it up well!

we just looked disjointed and were sitting back and inviting sunderland on too much i thought. perhaps not surprising when you've got 6 out of your 11 players playing basically out of position or in roles they're not suited too. moses is no hole player that's for sure.

still, win's a win.

Out of interest who would u play in the hole while Coutinho is out? Aspas isn't up to it.

Out of interest who would u play in the hole while Coutinho is out? Aspas isn't up to it.

i think i'd try alberto there. we paid 6m for the kid, it's his proper position and otherwise why did we spend the money on him?

i'd also like to see joe allen in alongside lucas and gerrard pushed further forward. but allen seems to be right out of the loop at the moment.

i think i'd try alberto there. we paid 6m for the kid, it's his proper position and otherwise why did we spend the money on him?

i'd also like to see joe allen in alongside lucas and gerrard pushed further forward. but allen seems to be right out of the loop at the moment.

Agree with you. Strange about Allen, hope he comes good.

There seemed to be an uncomfortable amount of space out there yesterday, entertaining fro the neutral, but we usually play a lot more compact and control the ball better.

What i really came on here for though was to rub it in to the chavs once again. Sturridge hey, such a selfish c%$£, Bast£$%. And to thank you for holy Moses, I love him too emot-kiss.gif.pagespeed.ce.EAwNQWAQZf.gi

That third goal has to be have been one of the longest one two pass move goals ever i loved it i tells ya!!!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

I lost count of the times Henderson received the ball on the right, with loads of space. His distribution after receiving it was abysmal. sad.png

Good to see Suarez back, I though he gave a lot.

henderson definitely isn't a wing-back. felt a bit sorry for him really.

and suarez owes a lot.

• Like 2

I lost count of the times Henderson received the ball on the right, with loads of space. His distribution after receiving it was abysmal. sad.png

and suarez owes a lot.

I presume he knows how to cross a ball, when in acres of space?

and suarez owes a lot.

Not necessarily. Aaron Lennon can't, and he is a winger.

• Like 1

and suarez owes a lot.

apparently not. which is odd given that he takes all the dead-balls for the england under-21s.

and suarez owes a lot.

apparently not. which is odd given that he takes all the dead-balls for the england under-21s.

It amazes me how many times crosses seem to be mishit and end up hitting the first defender, it seems like they are not connecting properly !

From what I've seen there's only a half a dozen players who can put a corner kick somewhere near the penalty spot.

What is it with all this hand in the air before taking a corner.....does that mean, here's yet another that might not reach the 6 yard box?

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

It amazes me how many times crosses seem to be mishit and end up hitting the first defender, it seems like they are not connecting properly !

there used to be a liverpool fc fanzine called 'another wasted corner'. we were famous for it. under benitez we seemed to do the near post flick-on corner very well, putting it on sami hyypia's head to flick it on into the danger area. these days we're pretty poor from them again.

though i suspect if you actually analyse it, every team is poor and inconsistent from corners. with perhaps the exception of someone like stoke whose game has been designed around long-ball, percentages and tall players. like wimbledon's used to be. most teams probably have a pretty crap conversion rate from corners and dead-balls in general.

• Like 1

there used to be a liverpool fc fanzine called 'another wasted corner'. we were famous for it. under benitez we seemed to do the near post flick-on corner very well, putting it on sami hyypia's head to flick it on into the danger area. these days we're pretty poor from them again.

though i suspect if you actually analyse it, every team is poor and inconsistent from corners. with perhaps the exception of someone like stoke whose game has been designed around long-ball, percentages and tall players. like wimbledon's used to be. most teams probably have a pretty crap conversion rate from corners and dead-balls in general.

I think the average conversion rate on corners is one in twenty. I'd imagine Spurs is worse than that, more like one a season!

If they were easy Beckham might have sold shoes for a living.wink.png

practice, practice, practice. think beckham was hugely over-rated as a footballer but he put in the hours on the training ground to get his crosses and corners good. so fair play to the shallow airheaded one-trick walking billboard for that.

practice, practice, practice. think beckham was hugely over-rated as a footballer but he put in the hours on the training ground to get his crosses and corners good. so fair play to the shallow airheaded one-trick walking billboard for that.

Harsh Stevie!

If they were easy Beckham might have sold shoes for a living.Posted Image

To be fair they were better than good....much better.

Lost any effectiveness too early though on the right but I suspect that yard o pace is a natural athleticism....just wish Lennon bothered practicing so much!

Hopefully Townsend has been learning good habits from our ex monkey.

• Like 1

Hopefully Townsend has been learning good habits from our ex monkey.

He has expressed some guilt, which I can't recall the monkey ever having done.