Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well, I honestly thought we'd get turned over today...........I'll hold my hands up. Liverpool today were absolutely awesome. Best display I've seen since we gave the scum a hiding at old toilet. Drunkski right now, made up for flanno. Its weird the way I can't remember Allen or Lucas getting mentioned in the game today. Class class class. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Me to Long, I thought the same, would have taken a draw before the game but like you say we were superb. Some great performances as mentioned but every single one of them played with desire and passion too. It was a pleasure to watch. Brendan really is doing a great job.

YB

we're going to need fresh legs over these three matches, they're hugely demanding ones. our squad is thin and the three midfielders all worked their <deleted> off yesterday. i don't think it's realistic to expect to start the same XI against all of cardiff, city and chelsea. and lucas will be invaluable against city and chelsea's attacking midfielders. against cardiff, possibly not quite so necessary.

Looking to the next game, whilst I agree with you, would be lovely to rest some players because as you say we have some big away games coming up. However, if we drop points at home to Cardiff then that great result won't stand for much.

As I have said before regarding resting Stevie, lets get the game in the bag first as we have been doing at home recently and then bring some players off for a rest. If we try and do it the other way round, yes of course great if it works, but we might regret it if we drop points.

YB

I'm waiting for the kudos for Rodgers. He's had Liverpool playing very well since the beginning of preseason. It was evident even then that the players were well motivated and had bought in to Rodgers plan. Rodgers may not be the most articulate manager around, but he's a no nonsense guy who handled the off season Suarez situation impeccably. Still learning on the job I reckon but he strikes me as a fellow with a big future.

Compare him to AVB who looked like a rabbit staring into the headlights of an oncoming Cadillac.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the kudos for Rodgers. He's had Liverpool playing very well since the beginning of preseason. It was evident even then that the players were well motivated and had bought in to Rodgers plan. Rodgers may not be the most articulate manager around, but he's a no nonsense guy who handled the off season Suarez situation impeccably. Still learning on the job I reckon but he strikes me as a fellow with a big future.

Compare him to AVB who looked like a rabbit staring into the headlights of an oncoming Cadillac.

Agree for sure deserves credit. Liked him from day one. Could see progress from day one and the results starting coming once he brought in Coutinho and Sturridge in January. Just need to stay consistent and limit the off days we will have.

Bang on jellydog, he has us playing attractive football, instills confidence in the team, and carries himself well also

• Like 1

Some of Coutinho's touches and control yesterday where top draw.....you have bought a few crap players but this guy is the real deal and worth buying a few marbles to uncover a diamond.

Henderson stepped up yesterday also still a chance for him with England if he can consistently perform at that level.

Cannot believe Coutinho was wallowing in an Italian reserves team.

Most of us wouldn't have bothered much if Henderson was sold in the summer. Just shows how much expectation, price tag and moving to big club can weigh on young shoulders.

Joe Allen looks to be getting his mojo back too.

I'd like to see Alberto get more game time.

i like alberto. got a lovely touch, good awareness and vision, nice weight on his passes. isn't the paciest but his movement seems to make up for that. could be a good idea to start him in place of lucas against cardiff this weekend, give lucas a rest as we'll need him against city and chelsea.

That's why I would like to see more of him as potential off the bench weapon or to see how well he could slot in

Lucas looked <deleted> by the end of that match.

Congratulations Luis Suarez. Football Supporters Federation Player of the Year 2013.

Collected the award at The Emirates Stadium last night....wonder if Arsene was there to give him that quid he promised?

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

Congratulations Luis Suarez. Football Supporters Federation Player of the Year 2013.

Collected the award at The Emirates Stadium last night....wonder if Arsene was there to give him that quid he promised?

He got an award for biting someone?

Is this one of those awards they vote for online?

they knocked votes off for the biting incident apparently. he still won by miles. best player in the country by a distance now.

• Like 1

they knocked votes off for the biting incident apparently. he still won by miles. best player in the country by a distance now.

IMO I think Aguero is just as good if not better. Aguero has a much better attitude.

IMO I think Aguero is just as good if not better. Aguero has a much better attitude.

with respect boj, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. but it's still biased horseshit. :)

aguero's an outstanding striker, absolutely superb. suarez runs and wins matches on his own.

"Luis Suarez has scored as many Premier League goals in 11 games this season as Fernando Torres has in his entire Chelsea career (94 games)".

• Like 1

with respect boj, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. but it's still biased horseshit. :)

aguero's an outstanding striker, absolutely superb. suarez runs and wins matches on his own.

"Luis Suarez has scored as many Premier League goals in 11 games this season as Fernando Torres has in his entire Chelsea career (94 games)".

Suarez is a better player in my opinion than Aguero, but there isn't much in it, and so, given the choice, I'd personally go for the saner, more dependable of the two men.

with respect boj, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. but it's still biased horseshit. smile.png

Suarez is a better player in my opinion than Aguero, but there isn't much in it, and so, given the choice, I'd personally go for the saner, more dependable of the two men.

of course you would rix.

you probably prefer eric clapton to jimi hendrix too. ;)

with respect boj, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. but it's still biased horseshit. smile.png

of course you would rix.

you probably prefer eric clapton to jimi hendrix too. ;)

Hate Clapton as it goes, but get the point you are trying to make.

I would have been happy to take a chance on Suarez with SAF at the helm, supposing he were available of course. But not now. He needs a special manager to handle him. Perhaps you think you have that.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/aguero-v-suarez-best-striker-premier-league-135614309.html

"Suarez is a better player in my opinion than Aguero, but there isn't much in it, and so, given the choice, I'd personally go for the saner, more dependable of the two men."

biggrin.png Not sure their respective wives would agree with you on that onewhistling.gif

• Like 1

"Suarez is a better player in my opinion than Aguero, but there isn't much in it, and so, given the choice, I'd personally go for the saner, more dependable of the two men."

biggrin.png Not sure their respective wives would agree with you on that onewhistling.gif

Has Aguero been screwing around then? Brave man if he has, considering Diego's fondness for firearms mixed with coke.

• Like 1

Has Aguero been screwing around then? Brave man if he has, considering Diego's fondness for firearms mixed with coke.

Gunpowder.

• Like 1

So Liverpool are in talks with Suarez's agent in Spain to try and get him to sign a new contract beyond 2016,very interesting escalation in there attempt to keep him now after the summer's transfer demand.....i think that Suarez will go to Madrid at the end of the season without doubt now and this public declaration from the Liverpool board is nothing short of desperation in there attempt to get as much as they can for him.

Suarez would of gone sooner if Gareth Bale wasn't hunted down at the last close season.

Madrid will pay what it takes to get him playing in the middle with the already established Ronaldo and Bale on the wings...now that is one frightening attack isn't it. whistling.gif

This is not a wind up or troll post lads i just think it is nailed on to happen now as i cannot see him extending his contract without certain Champions League football and seeing bigger investment in the squad from your owners.

"He’s a wimp, who I don’t even want to name. In my daughter’s next meeting with a lawyer, I want to be by her side. We’ll see who can talk. The next time I want to be there to see if he (Aguero) says anything."

Might get more than a calf strain if Daddy-in-law has anything to do with it!

So Liverpool are in talks with Suarez's agent in Spain to try and get him to sign a new contract beyond 2016,very interesting escalation in there attempt to keep him now after the summer's transfer demand.....i think that Suarez will go to Madrid at the end of the season without doubt now and this public declaration from the Liverpool board is nothing short of desperation in there attempt to get as much as they can for him.

Suarez would of gone sooner if Gareth Bale wasn't hunted down at the last close season.

Madrid will pay what it takes to get him playing in the middle with the already established Ronaldo and Bale on the wings...now that is one frightening attack isn't it. whistling.gif

This is not a wind up or troll post lads i just think it is nailed on to happen now as i cannot see him extending his contract without certain Champions League football and seeing bigger investment in the squad from your owners.

On the other hand, they might not need him?

Man United fans see giants named favorites to land bargain target

Real Madrid are the bookies’ favourite to land Robert Lewandowski ahead of the likes of Manchester United

I'd agree with most of what you said except the highlighted. It is hardly desperate, just doing what any club would do when selling one of greatest players in the universe, get a massive wad for him.

• Like 1

of course you would rix.

you probably prefer eric clapton to jimi hendrix too. wink.png

Hate Clapton as it goes, but get the point you are trying to make.

I would have been happy to take a chance on Suarez with SAF at the helm, supposing he were available of course. But not now. He needs a special manager to handle him. Perhaps you think you have that.

true, but also true of so many top players over the years. i also think there's genuinely something in the sports psychologist that liverpool have taken on and his work with suarez. just seems in a different place mentally this season - came back from his ban not bitter, just smiling and raring to go. and doesn't look angry on the pitch like he did last season.

• Like 1

"desperation and an attempt to get as much as they can for him" - how is that anything other than just plain sensible?

it's a fine balance - if we can finish third or fourth this season and get into next season's champions league and then invest in 4 or 5 top players next summer to help us kick on he may well stay. by all accounts he and his family like merseyside and are happy there. if we don't finish top 4 then sure, he'll be on his way somewhere, not necessarily madrid. guess we'll see.

Madrid will pay what it takes to get him playing in the middle with the already established Ronaldo and Bale on the wings...now that is one frightening attack isn't it. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

On the other hand, they might not need him?

Man United fans see giants named favorites to land bargain target

Real Madrid are the bookies’ favourite to land Robert Lewandowski ahead of the likes of Manchester United

I think Lewandowski has set his heart on playing at Bayern.Although he is another top striker who could go to the highest bidder.

Madrid will pay what it takes to get him playing in the middle with the already established Ronaldo and Bale on the wings...now that is one frightening attack isn't it. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

I'd agree with most of what you said except the highlighted. It is hardly desperate, just doing what any club would do when selling one of greatest players in the universe, get a massive wad for him.

I meant that why go public in the first place.....contract extensions are normally done and dusted quietly especially as he has 2 and a half years still to run on his present one....i really don't think it would make much difference if he is to be sold at the end of this season(that is when they will get top dollar)he will still have 2 years left at that point.

With Liverpool doing this makes me think they know Madrid will come knocking(and be let in) and are desperately trying to install a massive buy out clause and the end game will fall to Saurez and his agent to see what there intentions are before the big offer comes.

• Like 1

"desperation and an attempt to get as much as they can for him" - how is that anything other than just plain sensible?

it's a fine balance - if we can finish third or fourth this season and get into next season's champions league and then invest in 4 or 5 top players next summer to help us kick on he may well stay. by all accounts he and his family like merseyside and are happy there. if we don't finish top 4 then sure, he'll be on his way somewhere, not necessarily madrid. guess we'll see.

Don't get me wrong i think he has come back a much more determined player the attempt at Spurs sums that up when he was tripped and still tried to shoot and play on ...he wouldn't have done this before.

He is a better player also now that he seems to have got that part of his game under control and i agree the best in the Premier League at the moment.

The desperation i am referring to is how he treated Liverpool and how they treated him at the beginning of the season has now come back to haunt them as simply they are now prepared to make him the highest paid Liverpool player ever because he is that important to the team.....Just look at what Bale's departure did and Liverpool do not want there rough diamond to leave in the same way although i am sure Rodgers would get a lot more control of the money and players coming in than AVB did at Spurs.

The same thing happened at United with Rooney and look how we would of missed him at the moment.

Edit..... we had this discussion before but how much do you think Madrid would pay? got to be similar to Bale even though he is older his workrate and goal scoring is worth a fortune in Spain.

Edited by MrRed

Fee apparently agreed for Will Hughes (Derby). Will join in January. Also, an 18 yr old from Uruguay, recommended by LS.

Jordan Rossiter (16 yr old CM) and Brad Smith (19 yr old LB) to join 1st team squad for 2nd half of season. Rossiter is an outstanding prospect and Aussie born Smith would probably have been there already had he not had an ACL injury keeping him out for a year. He only rejoined the kids in October 2013 (1st game was a 5-0 win over Spurs funnily enough), so to be promoted this quickly shows how highly he is rated.

The bad news is that Samed Yesil has done his cruciate for the 2nd time in a year. Not many come back from this type of dual injury owing to where they have to find the grafts from.

Edited by wilai