Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

We deserved more out of that match and we could have won it. Although a draw might have been fair still feel a bit robbed.

I'm loving Sterling's new found form, but christ he knows how to choke.

Mignolet's in a yips lull at the moment.

Skrtel's man marking is pants, but he tracked well tonight.

Sahko is a beast.

Hendo still keeping on.

Allen is getting better and better

Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, City away done only Chelsea to go on Sunday and then it's back to ours for the run in.

Proved tonight we are not just pretenders.

Lee Mason is a cock and his linesman should be dry bummed blind for dessert tonight

Proved tonight we are not just pretenders - Yes absolutely agree with that statement!

I was wondering if we could go toe to toe with City and we did.

We had some glaring chances in that game that we should have taken.

I think if we can keep our performance levels up like this plus Sturridge, Gerrard and Enrique to come back we will be in that bunch in the run in.

Edited by Devil

We deserved more out of that match and we could have won it. Although a draw might have been fair still feel a bit robbed.

Sahko is a beast.

Hendo still keeping on.

Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, City away done only Chelsea to go on Sunday and then it's back to ours for the run in.

Lee Mason is a cock and his linesman should be dry bummed blind for dessert tonight

Proved tonight we are not just pretenders - Yes absolutely agree with that statement!

I think if we can keep our performance levels up like this plus Sturridge, Gerrard and Enrique to come back we will be in that bunch in the run in.

I was surprised the amount of space City gave us with ball, or maybe we created it.

The lads should feel confident going in to Sunday's match, we should give them a proper run.

• Like 1

Sahko is a beast.

Hendo still keeping on.

The lads should feel confident going in to Sunday's match, we should give them a proper run.

Looking forward to watching Liverpool squeeze blood out of a turnip.biggrin.png

Sahko is a beast.

Hendo still keeping on.

Looking forward to watching Liverpool squeeze blood out of a turnip.biggrin.png

Haha…look at that match tonight compared to Monday's match, world of difference. Jose has to come at us at home…you'd think wink.png

Thoughts on whether we will try and outplay City on Boxing day or try a keep it a little bit tighter?

I say a 'little bit tighter' as I can never see Brendan sitting back. Difficult one, I hope we can sure up at the back whilst causing them problems going forward.

Thoughts?

YB

Only problem there is we don't really know how to play tight, or how to stop a good attack.

I think we are better off trying to out score them, might unsettle them if we get a good start.

There is no point playing for a draw, better defenses have been put to the sword at the Etihad.

I understand what your saying and is a catch 22. Lets hope this is the case, 3-0 at half time and we might have a chance. One thing for sure is that we are going to need to be more clinical that we have been in the last 2 games. That may sound stupid or like I am taking the p*ss but I am deadly serious, we have missed a lots of chances, a team like City will make us pay for missing those.

P.s I am not criticizing or complaining about previous performances just merely stating we will need to be more clinical in the next 2 games especially.

There you go lads I do know something about football.

Deserved at least a draw, well played lads unlucky, onto the next game where we will need to stick away our chances.

P.s I am Coutinho's biggest fan but he gave the ball away far to much yesterday.

YB

Pointless relying on our defense to win us the game, and we will need to score a few goals as city will probably score a few themselves. I think we should just play like we have been playing and boll@cks to them. It will show us whether we have the players to beat top teams with this style of football. Personally I think we are getting close, though I don't know we are good enough yet.

Liverpool are a steadily improving team which is obvious but this game will give you a real indication of where you are in terms of top four.

Rodgers still has to strengthen the squad obviously but happy days on merseyside in general, with an improving Everton aswell.

I have to disagree, I think if we loose at City it doesn't say we are behind the other top four clubs, it wouldn't surprise me if every team that finished in the top 4 will also loose at the Etihad this year, some by 3/4 goals too.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

YB

Didn't say that mate. wink.png I was referring to the performance you put in and you accounted well for yourselves

• Like 1

Shocking decision from the linesman that was at such an important time in the game and for once i have to credit Suarez for his performance and he has obviously turned a page where his anger is concerned.

Great game of football though and a shame City won it with a Mignolet silly mistake.

I am starting to think that Ferdandinho is better than Toure and that is saying something ...awesome engine he has.

The one thing you proved though is how easy they can be got at defensively with pace and movement.

As a neutral who dislikes both teams i thought you deserved more from the game than City and that major decision was just terrible.

• Like 1

One thing for sure. I would rather watch City or Liverpool over Arsenal or Chelsea.

Very entertaining game. Great for the neutral.

I agree with the offside decision.... should not have been given, but then who is to say that Sterling would not have bottled it. Everyone stopped once the flag went up. So Sterling put it in without anyone trying to stop him. It was though an horrendous decision by the linesman. Not even close.

I disagree about the foul by Lescott on Suarez. I felt Suarez was backing into him.

Regarding the shirt pulling, Lescott on Suarez was a penalty, but then City should have had a penalty every time they had a corner. What is Skrtel doing? Pulling shirts EVERY corner. Its gonna catch up with him sooner or later.

Bit disappointed with Rodgers. Thought he had more class than that... sounding Wengeresque.

But as I say, great game of football, by the 2 most entertaining sides in the premiership.

• Like 1

Pointless relying on our defense to win us the game, and we will need to score a few goals as city will probably score a few themselves. I think we should just play like we have been playing and boll@cks to them. It will show us whether we have the players to beat top teams with this style of football. Personally I think we are getting close, though I don't know we are good enough yet.

Liverpool are a steadily improving team which is obvious but this game will give you a real indication of where you are in terms of top four.

Rodgers still has to strengthen the squad obviously but happy days on merseyside in general, with an improving Everton aswell.

I have to disagree, I think if we loose at City it doesn't say we are behind the other top four clubs, it wouldn't surprise me if every team that finished in the top 4 will also loose at the Etihad this year, some by 3/4 goals too.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

YB

Didn't say that mate. wink.png I was referring to the performance you put in and you accounted well for yourselves

Apologise Carms, thought you were talking about the result.

YB

• Like 1

Its a shame thats Suarez scoring record against top half of the table teams is holding you back, otherwise you really could be pushing for the title.

Holding us back? We were top before the last game? What you expect us to be 6 points clear?

Incidentally then what is his record against the top half teams?

YB

Its a shame thats Suarez scoring record against top half of the table teams is holding you back, otherwise you really could be pushing for the title.

Holding us back? We were top before the last game? What you expect us to be 6 points clear?

YB

Its something strange...i think of all his goals this season, only 3 have been scored against the top 13 sides and the other 16 against the bottom 7.

Interesting though, comments anyone?

YB

Its something strange...i think of all his goals this season, only 3 have been scored against the top 13 sides and the other 16 against the bottom 7.

Would have to have a look but of the top of my head he has 4 in 5 against the sides he has played against in the top 10.

1 against Newcastle.

1 against Everton.

2 against Spurs.

0 against Arsenal and City.

Could be wrong, just off the top of my head.

YB

YB

Yes think this is correct thinking about it although definitely misleading because:

4 in 5 against top 9.

10,11,13 he didn't play against.

Some of those top 13 teams he has to play at home in the second half of the season, lets see how he has done at the end of it.

YB

Can't believe we lost that game.

Disagree with JacknDanny on that foul on the edge of the box. Clear foul whether he's backing in or not doesn't matter. Lescott's just come and bundled him over with a knee in his back. But anyway, decisions, decisions, nobody will agree on these kinds of incidents. I wanted to take a second look at it but I couldn't find it again when I was going back over the second half and can't remember where it was in the half.

I agree about Skrtel. He's pulling shirts every single corner in every single match. It was highlighted by the announcers in the Cardiff match, at least the announcers I was listening to, and I don't understand how he's getting away with it. Kompany had a hold of him every time trying to score from the corners, though too, so perhaps the official is just letting it go if that's the case? I really see a lot of defenders to this a lot and get away with it, and even Kompany was manhandling Skrtel on a Liverpool corner or too but more with an arm holding him rather than tugging the shirt. I don't know, but he is surely one of the worst offenders at pulling the shirt of whomever he's marking.

But with the Suarez one, he was not holding the defender's shirt save a short little tug, it was all one way. Obvious penalty but this referee just wasn't going to give it because it was Suarez. I don't think it was a yellow on him either, and Hart made nothing of it, to his credit. Moses' yellow card was nothing, also, just a foul is all.

Obvious wrong call on the offside, he was more likely to score than not, though he had a golden chance to make it 2-2 in the second half, but it was a much more difficult goal to take with the ball hopping up off the turf and at pace. But I could see at live speed he was obviously onside in the first half, no idea how the official missed that.

Really frustrating one. Should have been at least a draw. We had three golden chances to score that we didn't, 2 from Sterling one which he missed and should have scored even thought it was difficult, one he was denied one-on-one with the keeper, and Coutinho clear shot on goal that Hart saved.

Kompany said it was their hardest home match of the season and that says it all.

Feel bad for our keeper, he's been great but he should have probably had that second goal though it was a good shot.

Encouraged by the performance, discouraged by the result!

• Like 2

I think the way Negredo caught that ball with his boot put some wacky spin on it. I think that fooled Mignolet more than anything else. The ball was spinning away from him. That could happen to any keeper.

Negredo is showing some talent with the outside of his boot. Same with that gorgeous assist a week ago to Milner.

Hope we smash these rent boys tonight. Ramirez out is a good thing. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hope so too mate, lets see how we go.

Interesting looking at the table, as things stand after tonight we will have played 9 out of the top 13 teams away from home already. More importantly, Arsenal, Chelsea, City all away will be out of the way.

YB

Struggling at the moment. We have a mistake in us at the back far too often and Chelsea looking dangerous every time they come forward.

Lets see what we have got second half. Need to up it hear and worryingly a lack of options on the bench. Sure we will get a couple of chances, but we need to be clinical.

YB

Struggling at the moment. We have a mistake in us at the back far too often and Chelsea looking dangerous every time they come forward.

Lets see what we have got second half. Need to up it hear and worryingly a lack of options on the bench. Sure we will get a couple of chances, but we need to be clinical.

YB

Liverpool slow to react to the ball today so far and the best I've seen Chelsea this year. I guess if you want to see Chelsea play football they have to fall behind 1-0 early.

Ran out of legs, not surprisingley given same midfield and made it worse loosing Allen.

Chelsea out played and battled us for most of the game to be fair and best I have seen them in a while.

Little space or service to Suarez all game. He should of had a Penalty with that Eto'o challenge off the ball.

Thought Sterling had another quality game, looks better each time I see him.

Absolutely no options on the bench, which is so evident with the injuries we have picked up.

Gone from 1st to to 5th in the table...

Not quite there yet, but a penalty decision would be good for us. These last two games have shown me that we can play with he big boys, but can't beat them yet. They have also shown that we really do need investment in the squad. Unlike every body else i'm not too sure anbout sakho either, I think I prefer Toure

Ran out of legs, not surprisingley given same midfield and made it worse loosing Allen.

Chelsea out played and battled us for most of the game to be fair and best I have seen them in a while.

Little space or service to Suarez all game. He should of had a Penalty with that Eto'o challenge off the ball.

Thought Sterling had another quality game, looks better each time I see him.

Absolutely no options on the bench, which is so evident with the injuries we have picked up.

Gone from 1st to to 5th in the table...

That was the best I'd seen Chelsea play in the first half, thought we did better in the second half and if Sakho had of netted or we had a penalty or Mignolet had have saved that second goal things might have been different. It's tough to play the 2 title challengers away in 3 days.

Admittedly we are a few players short and not quiet there yet, but if you had offered 6 points off the top, 1 point off the top 4 and to have played Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, City, Chelsea away I'd a have taken that.

Roll on 2014!