Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I would be looking to get it to 2-0 and then take Suarez off asap. Can see him getting hurt if he doesn't get sent off before hand!!

Filthy filthy Hull or one Alex Bruce, the ref should have sorted that in the first half.

Anyway that was the type of win I wanted to see, a grinder where we had to dig deep. They didn't get one shot on target.

I wonder what conversion rate Suarez has on free kicks from 20/25 yards. I'm expecting him to score every time he takes one.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

I would be looking to get it to 2-0 and then take Suarez off asap. Can see him getting hurt if he doesn't get sent off before hand!!

Filthy filthy Hull or one Alex Bruce, the ref should have sorted that in the first half.

Anyway that was the type of win I wanted to see, a grinder where we had to dig deep. They didn't get one shot on target.

I wonder what conversion rate Suarez has on free kicks from 20/25 yards. I'm expecting him to score every time he takes one.

I agree, Hull were a nightmareblink.png . How Suarez got booked but the fouls on him went unheeded was unbelievablew00t.gif . A tidy result and good to see Stevie get a runbiggrin.png .

Agree about Suarez's free kicks too, though the last one was a bit offbiggrin.png

Edited by nellyp
  • Like 1

I agree, Hull were a nightmareblink.png . How Suarez got booked but the fouls on him went unheeded was unbelievablew00t.gif . A tidy result and good to see Stevie get a runbiggrin.png .

Agree about Suarez's free kicks too, though the last one was a bit offbiggrin.png

It was so obvious the kicking lumps routine, crap management that, don't agree with it. That ref was a bit green it could have gotten out of hand, you could see Suarez losing his rag.

Yeah nice to see Stevie back, wasn't expecting to see him today.

Yeah was nice Suarez saw the funny side when the crowd gave it to him biggrin.png

Good win and back to fourth.

Any new signing can't come soon enough for me though. Keeping hearing Salah is a done deal?

I can't work Aspas out... he looked lost for most parts and just doesn't have the physical strength or pace for the league. And his first touch is either hit or miss. Maybe he needs a run of games I don't know? - but I think Borini looked far better.

And Moses - he just doesn't look arsed in any game I have seen him in, he should be making a go of it.

Anyway another determined display from Suarez whilst even carrying a knock, received some nasty tackles! (these Refs are blind)

I am amazed even more at Henderson's work rate and improvement in his quality of passing and movemnent. He's played in all the games and still looks fresh and improving.

• Like 1

Aspas!!!!! O god!!

I hope he proves me wrong though.

Come on the boys, lets get back to winning ways!

As expected bag o' sh*te…even if the whole team was playing quality football today, I'd still expect him to not be.

One good touch (the move when Henderson should have scored) in his whole 60 minutes, the rest is poor, not good enough so far.

Good win and back to fourth.

Any new signing can't come soon enough for me though. Keeping hearing Salah is a done deal?

I can't work Aspas out... he looked lost for most parts and just doesn't have the physical strength or pace for the league. And his first touch is either hit or miss. Maybe he needs a run of games I don't know? - but I think Borini looked far better.

And Moses - he just doesn't look arsed in any game I have seen him in, he should be making a go of it.

Anyway another determined display from Suarez whilst even carrying a knock, received some nasty tackles! (these Refs are blind)

I am amazed even more at Henderson's work rate and improvement in his quality of passing and movemnent. He's played in all the games and still looks fresh and improving.

Totally agree with Henderson, is really playing well.

I agree with what Brendan said after the game, how that was a good win. I thought the way we started was very tired looking and actually thought we were going to struggle, but we dug deep. We ground out a win, not at our best, obviously tired and on the back of 2 away defeats that we could have taken something wrong, pleasing in my opinion.

Was pleased my fear of Suarez getting sent off didn't materialise, obviously he was frustrated and I had my fears. I am sure that free kick help calm him down.

YB

Hearing rumours that Sturridge will be back in 10 or so. For me that would mean dropping Sterling to the bench. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Aspas first!!! Please!!!

No only joking, obv only a back up.

A lot might disagree with me but actually I would take Coutinho out for a few games. I think Sterling is playing very well at the moment (bar the final finish) but Coutinho is out of sorts at the moment for me. I am his biggest fan, thought he was superb last season and tipped him for young player of the year this but not at the same level this year. Too many over hit passes, trying to do to much and too many shots from anywhere and everywhere. I would take him out for a couple of games personally. Not doubting his ability and think he will be superb for us just having a poor time at the moment.

Just my opinion.

YB

I agree that sterling is playing well but with Sturridge and Suarez movement off the ball, coutinho flourishes. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep I'd agree Coutinho needs SAS in front of him

been really enjoying sterling's performances lately, he's a lot more confident and prepared to take risks rather than playing the safe option. suarez has helped bring him on leaps and bounds. coutinho needs shooting practice in training, he drags about eighty per cent of his shots past the near post, just tops them. totally different from his no-backlift early shots he was hitting when he first joined us.

we'll be on channel seven tonight won't we?

^we'll be on channel seven tonight won't we?^

Not looking likely mate. Channel 8 might be the only option as that is the only one I havent seen a schedule for. Even Astro (Supersports etc) don't look like they're showing LFC. Looks like WIZIWIG.TV is your friend for this one.

Edit: Even Wiziwig doesn't have it scheduled at the moment. Can't believe nowhere in the world doesn't have a feed so maybe it will update later! At this rate I'll be "watching" on Twitter/RAWK!!!!!

Edited by wilai

Here is the reason (courtesy of RAWK poster) Still doesn't explain why ITV have failed to pick our game for full coverage, given the size of our worldwide market...and the result of last year's 4th round!!

Trouble is, the FA Cup TV contract is a much cheaper and less comprehensive deal than the Premier League, so if our game isn't properly covered by British TV then no international broadcaster can show it.

Whichever British TV company holds the Premier League highlights rights (currently BBC and Sky) is contractually obliged to film every single game - even the 3pm Saturday games not shown live on British TV - to the standards expected of a modern live TV broadcast (i.e. at least 10 cameras, a full on-location Outside Broadcast production team to insert replays, captions etc as they happen, and an on-location commentary team). Because all of this is done live at the stadium, the Premier League can sell every game to international TV companies.

Meanwhile, the FA Cup contract only requires the British TV highlights rights holder (currently ITV) to film 3 or 4 additional games per round for international audiences (on top of the 5 already shown live on British TV) to the same standards described above (remember, there are 32 games played in the 3rd round so it would be far too expensive to send a full TV crew to all of them. By the 5th Round of the cup there are only 8 games to be played, so every game can be covered by a full TV crew).

Every FA Cup game not picked for comprehensive coverage by the British TV companies will only have barebones coverage for highlights purposes: a few cameras at the ground, no on-site commentator, and no Outside Broadcast team to add live replays etc.

We are screwed tonight lads. FA have done us over....again!!! Quotes from official site.....Even LFC TV only doing an audio feed.

" Video interviews and analysis will be uploaded after the final whistle, while due to FA Cup rights you'll have access to goals and highlights from 12 noon on Monday. "

And from SupersportTV to South African Reds!

SuperSport ‏@SuperSportTV 3 Jan

@LiverpoolRSA Hi. Unfortunately this match has not been made available to us by the suppliers, despite our efforts to secure it.

SuperSport ‏@SuperSportTV 3 Jan
@LiverpoolRSA It was the decision of the FA, not ours. We have requested the match and if anything changes we will advise accordingly.

that's pretty shit isn't it? still, suppose we do get spoiled as we're able to see almost every LFC match on tv out here. it's the oldham fans i feel sorry for funnily enough! they'll only have so many tickets allocated and the rest of them can't even see it on telly.

For those with the right equipment and brave/clever/stupid! enough to try....Here is a way. Not for me though!coffee1.gif

This site will show the live feed transponder details today.

They'll be listed as 'inside a UK football ground' most likely, so they'll need to be checked. As there's only 6 matches on today & only two at 3pm it should be easily enough to do, plus Anfield is pretty recognisable...

http://www.satelliweb.com/?section=livef&langue=en

Of course you need a motorised dish & a decent Linux based satellite box to find the feed, then most boxes need to have the feed streamed to a pc on their network as it's in 4:2:2 format which they can't display, but vlc will play it no problem.

Line up...including 17 yr old Cameron Brannagan on the bench.

Jones, Kelly, Cissokho, Toure, Agger, Gerrard, Henderson, Alberto, Sterling, Moses, Aspas

subs...Mignolet, Brannagan, Skrtel, Coutinho, Suarez, Lucas, Ilori

Coutinho was the catalyst from what I heard although Sterling sounded good throughout.

Should be on the telly next time....lower division team away = Possible giant-killing. Should meet the FA/ITV criteria!!! Listening to a radio commentary took me way back...and I remembered I hated it then as well!!!

• Like 1