Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Cracking read from The Tomkins Times.

I am sitting here sinking in the self-congratulatory glow of contentment that has become Liverpool Football Club, or Liverpool Football Club fandom at any rate. Even those that usually ensure a semblance of perspective have been softened up by the wellspring of ‘goodfeeling’ that is following us around like a bad[perhaps that should be 'sweet'? - Ed] smell at the moment. I know, it’s nice to be nice, but nice guys finish sixth, winners go home and <deleted> the prom queen (no article of vent is complete without a Face/Off quote #fact).

Read on...

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/01/chance/

Sturridge back in, Lucas drops to the bench. Didn't see that coming myself.

Would think Coutinho drops in to one of the 2 forward playing center midfielders.

looking like a sh_thouse idea at the moment, this is worse than woeful

I couldn't agree more, massive hole in front of our defense. The change has made a difference but we are still way too open. Hopefully the goal will lift us and make them loose confidence. We can easily score two goals. I'm just worried they will score another

we're going to need fresh legs over these three matches, they're hugely demanding ones. our squad is thin and the three midfielders all worked their <deleted> off yesterday. i don't think it's realistic to expect to start the same XI against all of cardiff, city and chelsea. and lucas will be invaluable against city and chelsea's attacking midfielders. against cardiff, possibly not quite so necessary.

Looking to the next game, whilst I agree with you, would be lovely to rest some players because as you say we have some big away games coming up. However, if we drop points at home to Cardiff then that great result won't stand for much.

As I have said before regarding resting Stevie, lets get the game in the bag first as we have been doing at home recently and then bring some players off for a rest. If we try and do it the other way round, yes of course great if it works, but we might regret it if we drop points.

YB

As I said always a risk! Even more so with dropping/resting a player as important as Lucas!

Hearing rumours that Sturridge will be back in 10 or so. For me that would mean dropping Sterling to the bench. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Aspas first!!! Please!!!

No only joking, obv only a back up.

A lot might disagree with me but actually I would take Coutinho out for a few games. I think Sterling is playing very well at the moment (bar the final finish) but Coutinho is out of sorts at the moment for me. I am his biggest fan, thought he was superb last season and tipped him for young player of the year this but not at the same level this year. Too many over hit passes, trying to do to much and too many shots from anywhere and everywhere. I would take him out for a couple of games personally. Not doubting his ability and think he will be superb for us just having a poor time at the moment.

Just my opinion.

YB

Brendan should have taken my advicesmile.png . He realized he got it wrong and changed it at HT which was good to see. We were poor defensively. I was pleased to see us show some character and come back from 2 down, thought we were going to go on and win it.

Overall 2 points dropped, hopefully Lucas is OK because we have some big games coming up, the next 4/6 weeks is going to really have a big say on our season imo.

YB

Why is he tinkering with Gerrard and this stupid role he's now playing him in, half way through the season? The only season in the last 5 or 6 that looks like we could at least challenge for a top 4 spot and he starts doing this. Gerrard drops to the bench IMO and we play Allen, Hendo and Lucas. Bring Gerrard on later in the game in ANY attacking position.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Why is he tinkering with Gerrard and this stupid role he's now playing him in, half way through the season? The only season in the last 5 or 6 that looks like we could at least challenge for a top 4 spot and he starts doing this. Gerrard drops to the bench IMO and we play Allen, Hendo and Lucas. Bring Gerrard on later in the game in ANY attacking position. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Be interesting to see if Lucas had a niggle or whatever. If that's the reason for not playing him then I could understand but then he wouldn't of named him on the bench or brought him on at HT when he realized he made a mistake.

Agree, Gerrard needs to be playing further forward I would still have him in front of Allen though.

I am Brendan's biggest fan, everyone makes mistakes and he made one here.

Let's move on and hope that Lucas is fit for the derby and yes again I think Coutinho should be dropped and I think if everyone is fit he will be.

P.s Jury is still out for me for Cissokho, not good enough at passing for the way we play. He looks like a headless chicken trying to keep control of the ball when he is trying to get to the byline. Hope he proves me wrong.

YB

Why is he tinkering with Gerrard and this stupid role he's now playing him in, half way through the season? The only season in the last 5 or 6 that looks like we could at least challenge for a top 4 spot and he starts doing this. Gerrard drops to the bench IMO and we play Allen, Hendo and Lucas. Bring Gerrard on later in the game in ANY attacking position. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Be interesting to see if Lucas had a niggle or whatever. If that's the reason for not playing him then I could understand but then he wouldn't of named him on the bench or brought him on at HT when he realized he made a mistake.

Agree, Gerrard needs to be playing further forward I would still have him in front of Allen though.

Let's move on and hope that Lucas is fit for the derby and yes again I think Coutinho should be dropped and I think if everyone is fit he will be.

P.s Jury is still out for me for Cissokho, not good enough at passing for the way we play. He looks like a headless chicken trying to keep control of the ball when he is trying to get to the byline. Hope he proves me wrong.

YB

Liverpool had had a very good season so far but i have to say i was expecting big things from Coutinho this campaign and he's really been quite disappointing. Injuries i suppose but it would be very interesting to see this side if he was firing along with the others that have stepped up this season.

Edited by carmine

YB

Liverpool had had a very good season so far but i have to say i was expecting big things from Coutinho this campaign and he's really been quite disappointing. Injuries i suppose but it would be very interesting to see this side if he was firing along with the others that have stepped up this season.

I thought the same Carms. He was fantastic when he came in last season. This season, he has had his moments still but for me poor finishing, far to many shots from impossible places and poor passing. Let's hope Brendan gets him back to the player we saw last season.

YB

YB

I thought the same Carms. He was fantastic when he came in last season. This season, he has had his moments still but for me poor finishing, far to many shots from impossible places and poor passing. Let's hope Brendan gets him back to the player we saw last season.

YB

!00% agree that he should be coached on his distribution and limited his shots at goal. Huge potential though. I certainly think injury has a lot to do with it. You go through a period of good form, then get crocked and its not easy to pick up where you left off.

reminds me a little of Townsend. 45 shots on goal, one scored that was an intended cross and now done his hamstring. again a lot of potential but needs a sit down and discuss distribution, when to shoot etc etc

Edited by carmine

Would think Coutinho drops in to one of the 2 forward playing center midfielders.

that was bad that. bad, bad management. can't work out if he picked that stupid starting XI out of arrogance, naivety or showing off because his boss was in the stands.

fourth in the league in january chasing the champions league finish is not the time to start experimenting with gerrard as a <deleted> regista.

• Like 1

that was bad that. bad, bad management. can't work out if he picked that stupid starting XI out of arrogance, naivety or showing off because his boss was in the stands.

fourth in the league in january chasing the champions league finish is not the time to start experimenting with gerrard as a fuc_king regista.

For sure he gambled on Villa rolling over early, Gerrard mentioned in his post-interview they thought it was a nailed on 3 points match.

fourth in the league in january chasing the champions league finish is not the time to start experimenting with gerrard as a fuc_king regista.

For sure he gambled on Villa rolling over early, Gerrard mentioned in his post-interview they thought it was a nailed on 3 points match.

He actually admitted that to the press!!!?

He actually admitted that to the press!!!?

He didn't use the words "nailed on" but he did say they expected to get 3 points today. that was on Bein Sports interview

Complacency. We're not good enough to be complacent like that yet. Very sloppy.

Complacency. We're not good enough to be complacent like that yet. Very sloppy.

Agree and you would think we learned from last year too!

• Like 1

We need to strengthen, especially if Lucas is out for a while. If rumors are true then bids will be lodged for M'Villa and Salah....won't hold my breath though. Personally we need a left back and attacking midfielder. Splash some cash Henry wink.png

I'm still puzzled as to how our manager got it so wrong against Villa, why he didn't change our set-up after 20 mins and wondering what we are going to do about this situation going forward. Does he drop Sterling to accommodate Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho in behind with Gerrard, Henderson - Allen/Lucas in midfield. Hard on Sterling.

Both those would be nice signings with a left back and centre back too

Edited by BangrakBob