Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well well well, I really don't know what to make of all this. Apparently the Dnipro owner wouldn't sign off on the paperwork. You could say, fair play to Mr.Ayre for trying but on the flip side, it's another target gone begging.

Just to make things even more messed up, there's an article on our main page already from Brendan talking about his confidence in our current squad. Preplanned obviously.

Roll on the baggies.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Fair play for trying? Not sure about that. Spent 4 days in Ukraine and was had over by a mate of Abramovic!!! Wonder what we did to upset him. Ahhhh Nandosmile.png

Medical successful...check. Terms agreed....check. Buy out clause met.....check. Signature from dodgy Ukranian gangster....oops!

Ayre reminds me of Gil out the Simpsonsbiggrin.png

Anyway...balls to all this, back to bed.....Nothing like Pattaya for taking your mind off the footballwhistling.gif

I don't see why Ayre should get off the hook for this…..this is not the first time the f*cktard has made us look a tit and he himself has a had a direct impact on our campaign this season due to his lack of ability at this level.

• Like 2

I don't see why Ayre should get off the hook for this…..this is not the first time the f*cktard has made us look a tit and he himself has a had a direct impact on our campaign this season due to his lack of ability at this level.

Maybe he got tied up with Olga from the Volga?

Maybe he got tied up with Olga from the Volga?

Well he'd have to be on Thin Ice!

I don't know much about the Ukranian but a Ukranian ex-player thought the premier league would have been a big step up for him.

Not surprised we didn't do a deal as that seems to be our MO lately! A few years ago it was getting deals done but paying way over the odds and now we're the exact opposite. Thought last January was an awesome window for us, to be fair.

I heard we tried to get Micah Richards, not sure loan or what, but that would have possibly been a big deal for us to have an experienced, athletic defender at right back. Well check that I've just checked and Rodgers said that was not true.

I'm more disappointed we didn't get a midfielder in on loan. We look mighty thin their indeed. I hope we don't run out of steam at the end of the season as we have a small squad, but on the other hand with no Europe and going out of the League Cup so early the players really haven't played that many games if you think about it.

I don't think we can point the finger at one person here. FSG must have some sort of guideline that Ayre has to work within. It's very frustrating and they must let the Andy Carroll saga lie if we are to compete with the other top teams just like they said they could.

I've become severely apathetic ever since the Dempsey deal not going through back in 2012.

Moving forward, what about a bid for Yann M'Vila in the summer? I hear his name a lot but honestly I don't know how good he is. Obviously a defensive midfielder who doesn't score goals. How do you rate him? Does he deserve the buzz he gets?

We've been linked with him for quite some time me thinks Jim. You'd have thought we would have put a bid in for him seen as though its a position that's needs strengthening. Maybe the committee don't rate him. Who knows what goes on at the moment!!!!

If we fail to keep in the top four this season I will be upset, but I think we have done well so far and won't be suicidal. However, I will definitely believe that this transfer window was pathetic. Imagine how Suarez will feel, knowing that we were in a position that we could have kicked on from had it not been for our incredible transfer debacles. To keep a player of his caliber we need to show him that we are serious. After this window nobody else will take our transfer negotiating seriously, why should Suarez? IA is not up to scratch for me, and the best transfer we could do is his to another FSG investment.

Agree with all of the above....F#$kin gutted we did not sign anyone. Best chance of top 4 in a long while.....and what do we do......Mr Ayre?????

Should have learnt from the Willian disaster, all plans should have been in place for Jan....left it to the last minute and got burnt again, I doubt its because the owner would not sign off. We were probably to stingy with the payment proposal.

Either way what a shower of sh!te the powers that be are......If we don't clinch top 4 they only have themselves to blame. And you can put money on it Suarez will be off.

<deleted>

Whilst i agree with all of the above i also think its fair to say that if Suarez and Sturridge keep playing at the level they are you'll make top four regardless of the lack of transfers.

Agreed. Those two have been on fire, particularly Suarez - player of the season by a sizeable margin - and if they keep on performing, every reason to think you'll hold your own. Hopefully they won't. ;)

Whilst i agree with all of the above i also think its fair to say that if Suarez and Sturridge keep playing at the level they are you'll make top four regardless of the lack of transfers.

Agreed. Those two have been on fire, particularly Suarez - player of the season by a sizeable margin - and if they keep on performing, every reason to think you'll hold your own. Hopefully they won't. wink.png

I don't know the stats for those two this season but they are going to be quite phenomenal and yes, Suarez the best player in the league by far. I also have to admit that Sturridge is a better player than i thought he was.

• Like 1

it's a hell of a gamble though. and it's also just not responsible management - the manager has clearly wanted to strengthen the squad in particular areas and he keeps on being let down. and there's this big £22.5m alberto, aspas and ilori-shaped elephant in the room which could have been used to clinch deals in this transfer window or be better used to give the squad more senior quality and depth last summer. praying your two strikers don't have a dip in form, a dry spell or (gods forbid) serious injuries isn't really a smart way to have a tilt at the top four finish.

Agreed. Those two have been on fire, particularly Suarez - player of the season by a sizeable margin - and if they keep on performing, every reason to think you'll hold your own. Hopefully they won't. wink.png

I don't know the stats for those two this season but they are going to be quite phenomenal and yes, Suarez the best player in the league by far. I also have to admit that Sturridge is a better player than i thought he was.

Sturridge has been proving me wrong too, although i still can't help having this nagging feeling that he's just enjoying a purple patch that will pass and he'll return to being the sort of player he was at other clubs.

Bloody long purple patch it is turning into though, granted. A great buy.

it's a hell of a gamble though. and it's also just not responsible management - the manager has clearly wanted to strengthen the squad in particular areas and he keeps on being let down. and there's this big £22.5m alberto, aspas and ilori-shaped elephant in the room which could have been used to clinch deals in this transfer window or be better used to give the squad more senior quality and depth last summer. praying your two strikers don't have a dip in form, a dry spell or (gods forbid) serious injuries isn't really a smart way to have a tilt at the top four finish.

There is also the fact that we can't rely on scoring more than the opposition with a defensive system that is already stretched. We have to score at least 2 a game because we always leak one. How long is Lucas out for?

Sturridge has been proving me wrong too, although i still can't help having this nagging feeling that he's just enjoying a purple patch that will pass and he'll return to being the sort of player he was at other clubs.

Bloody long purple patch it is turning into though, granted. A great buy.

Ditto Sturridge, he has much more to his game than I thought. except penalties of coursebiggrin.png

A real chance for us tonight to capitalize on Spurs dropping 2 points yesterday. Got to take these kind of chances. Like the game at Stoke, this is the kind of game we would have dropped points in in the past. Lets hope we don't understatement them like we did Villa, remember the result from last year and come away with 3 points.

YB