Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

that's all fair comment but the fact is that his family is very settled and very happy on merseyside as well. he's got a great bunch of mates that includes lucas, coutinho and their families and seems to have a real little community thing going on. so put that together with his form and the team's form and we have a pretty happy bunny there. not to mention that his daughter's name, delfina, is an anagram of anfield. smile.png

All very nice if true... i just can't help feeling though like we've been here before with Suarez. That sense of him really having both the club and the area in his heart, that was confidently expressed on here... just before he went and did what he did in the summer... that suggested something quite different in his heart, did it not?

It's all a bit like the badge kissing business. Does anyone take that seriously these days or believe it is in any way sincere 95% of the time?

i don't know, they are a minority of course. i've never really liked badge-kissing anyway, it's half man half biscuit again: "K is for the kissing of the badge

How ridiculous that looks 6 months later when they’re at another club".
suarez now has the combination of being in a team playing really well, him personally performing incredibly, being settled and his family happy and being on an astronomical amount of money. it's up to us to be in the champions league next season and strengthen the squad in the summer so that we keep playing well and he stays happy. there aren't many clubs who could afford the transfer fee that would needed to get him this summer and who could pay him substantially more than he's on now. so fingers crossed i suppose.

Not to lose sight of the influence of Suarez's agent and agents in general have in these situations. I don't think agents are often satisfied with the status quo. Not good for their wallet or ego.

Not to lose sight of the influence of Suarez's agent and agents in general have in these situations. I don't think agents are often satisfied with the status quo. Not good for their wallet or ego.

after last summer's +£1 debacle i would hope suarez has booted his guardiola brother agent into touch for being something of an incapable moron.

• Like 1

I think the agents do a good job of stimulating the unrest in a player's mind but I don't suppose the players need much encouragement. They tend to have pretty humongous egos themselves, particular the forwards.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

after last summer's +£1 debacle i would hope suarez has booted his guardiola brother agent into touch for being something of an incapable moron.

He hasn't mate....and to be fair, JWH has recently admitted that they had a case. Latest from his agent though was to rebuff the move to City suggestions aired in Marca.

duplicate post....site working well today!

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

that's all fair comment but the fact is that his family is very settled and very happy on merseyside as well. he's got a great bunch of mates that includes lucas, coutinho and their families and seems to have a real little community thing going on. so put that together with his form and the team's form and we have a pretty happy bunny there. not to mention that his daughter's name, delfina, is an anagram of anfield. smile.png

All very nice if true... i just can't help feeling though like we've been here before with Suarez. That sense of him really having both the club and the area in his heart, that was confidently expressed on here... just before he went and did what he did in the summer... that suggested something quite different in his heart, did it not?

It's all a bit like the badge kissing business. Does anyone take that seriously these days or believe it is in any way sincere 95% of the time?

I tink the boy plays 100/0 not 95/5.

thumbsup.gif

Im my experience, telling Liverpool fans (and Evertons for that matter) to 'calm down' only makes them more angry...(sorry MrB....)

No, doesn't make us angry. Just makes us yawn and feel pity for the unfunny bellend saying it.

• Like 1

Im my experience, telling Liverpool fans (and Evertons for that matter) to 'calm down' only makes them more angry...(sorry MrB....)

No, doesn't make us angry. Just makes us yawn and feel pity for the unfunny bellend saying it.

Just yawn Stevie.

Never mind the pity.

Wasted.

thumbsup.gif

This was better than Fat Boy's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f7_CWOBZv4

Why? Rooney's was a bit closer in, but he took his on the volley. Hard to say one is better than the other.

right, pedant's corner here but this one does my head in - rooney's wasn't a volley. a volley is when you hit the ball having received it from a pass or cross without it having hit the deck first, it's not a bouncing ball.

• Like 2

Still think Saurez's one vs Norwich in 2012 was better. It completeed his 1st hatrick as a red.

Crikey, they really are coming out of the woodwork, amazing what a good season can do biggrin.png

Picking on newbies again eh Alfie.....becoming a bit of a habit this. Best stay on the tiny totts thread as you won't be getting too many "coming out" on there this season laddiebiggrin.png

• Like 1

Still think Saurez's one vs Norwich in 2012 was better. It completeed his 1st hatrick as a red.

Crikey, they really are coming out of the woodwork, amazing what a good season can do biggrin.png

Haha with all due respect mate, i just found out about this forum. So i'm not coming out after one good season. Also seeing as i've been a season ticket holder last few years can you hardly say anything to me, i was there when Hodgson took over and through the bad times.

• Like 2

Picking on newbies again eh Alfie.....becoming a bit of a habit this. Best stay on the tiny totts thread as you won't be getting too many "coming out" on there this season laddiebiggrin.png

it is the forum definition of being savaged by a chihuahua of course.

• Like 1

Why? Rooney's was a bit closer in, but he took his on the volley. Hard to say one is better than the other.

right, pedant's corner here but this one does my head in - rooney's wasn't a volley. a volley is when you hit the ball having received it from a pass or cross without it having hit the deck first, it's not a bouncing ball.

Does this logic also apply to a half-volley Stevie?

it is the forum definition of being savaged by a chihuahua of course.

or Tim Sherwood.

thumbsup.gif

Haha with all due respect mate, i just found out about this forum. So i'm not coming out after one good season. Also seeing as i've been a season ticket holder last few years can you hardly say anything to me, i was there when Hodgson took over and through the bad times.

Don't give him any respect lad. He is just a playground bully who normally flounces off (and posts under an alter ego) when the going gets tough. Stevie H calling him a chihuahua is actually insulting to small dogs everywherethumbsup.gif Welcome to the thread mate. Hope to see more of youwai.gif

Edited by wilai

Does this logic also apply to a half-volley Stevie?

A half volley is making contact as the ball bounces.

• Like 1