Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

yeah, and on MOTD2 they showed it from the angle that the referee had and it showed demichelis's trailing leg catching suarez. so it was a foul. how suarez went over is irrelevant to the fact that he was fouled. the ref should in fact have given us a free-kick.

anyway, don't know why i am bothering to argue. . .

• Like 1

,,, well ive watched it numerous times and I cant make a definite yeah or neigh whether he dived or not, bearing in mind the ref was in perfect position, looked like demi committed and suarez switched and went on his inside and caught demis trailing leg, , fair play to suarez a year ago he'd have flounced and over elaberated, and could/ probably would have got a yellow,sure he went down when he felt contact, intentional, foul ,,, nah,, contact yeah,, yellow,, hmmm don't think so., me being sort of undecided from numerous watch's, Got to go with the ref .

Did anyone else get a feeling on Sunday that old Clattenburg's ar$e fell out on a few decisions for the opposition because of the intense, perhaps overbearing atmosphere? Made me wonder how many titles United might have won based on referee's porcelain bol-lox

I don't think his ar$e fell Bob, it was perhaps the biggest game of the season for many reasons in an emotionally charged atmosphere and I thought overall he did OK. He could have bottled Henderson's tackle, but he didn't. He didn't book Suarez, but neither did he book Milner for a dive.

Are Liverpool fans perfectly OK with Mignolet?

Just asking. smile.png

Did anyone else get a feeling on Sunday that old Clattenburg's ar$e fell out on a few decisions for the opposition because of the intense, perhaps overbearing atmosphere? Made me wonder how many titles United might have won based on referee's porcelain bol-lox

I don't think his ar$e fell Bob, it was perhaps the biggest game of the season for many reasons in an emotionally charged atmosphere and I thought overall he did OK. He could have bottled Henderson's tackle, but he didn't. He didn't book Suarez, but neither did he book Milner for a dive.

Just asking. smile.png

Good points, maybe it was just my nerves, but I kept expecting a couple of those decisions to go against us. As if that was the way it should go.

Regarding Mignolet, he's made some critical saves that make up for the questions at this stage. He made one save that may have been the most critical to this campaign and that was a penalty in 88th minute against Stoke in the first game of the season.

• Like 2

Just asking. smile.png

i didn't want to get rid of reina but the manager wanted his own man in sticks. i've been relatively happy with mignolet and think there's loads of potential there for him to get better. at the moment he's making young goalkeeper's mistakes, not dominating his box, not being as vocal as he might be, little concentration errors here and there - a lot like de gea did when he first arrived at united. think he's done ok but he'll get better.

and yeah, agree about clattenburg. didn't have a bad game in the circumstances. and didn't do what howard webb would have done which would be make the match all about himself.

• Like 2

Still no news on the Sturridge hamstring.....3 days later

Yeah. Tricky one.

Liverpool couldn't work it out so he's being checked out at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital.thumbsup.gif

Latest news I've heard is it's a definite ACL problem.

Orthopaedic Surgeon must have slipped with his scalpel.

smile.png

Just asking. smile.png

He makes me nervous, but he does pull of some great saves that keep us in games. Of course he is only going to get better in my opinion

Just asking. smile.png

He makes me nervous, but he does pull of some great saves that keep us in games. Of course he is only going to get better in my opinion

The opening day penalty save and then that stop from Fernandinho on the weekend have been massive moments. But we really need to work on his taking crosses and also his distribution. Reina was a brilliant football player with his feet, could have played midfield for a lot of lower league sides!

• Like 1

Still no news on the Sturridge hamstring.....3 days later

Yeah. Tricky one.

Liverpool couldn't work it out so he's being checked out at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital.thumbsup.gif

Latest news I've heard is it's a definite ACL problem.

Orthopaedic Surgeon must have slipped with his scalpel.

smile.png

Not replying would have been funnier tongue.png

• Like 2

"The striker had to be withdrawn in the 66th minute of last weekend's 3-2 win over Manchester City.

Sturridge has since undergone further assessment with the club's medical team at Melwood and a small strain was detected following a scan.

The 24-year-old will now undergo a treatment programme in order to try and be available for the trip to Carrow Road."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com

Well that looks good for now, not ruled out.

• Like 1

"The striker had to be withdrawn in the 66th minute of last weekend's 3-2 win over Manchester City.

Sturridge has since undergone further assessment with the club's medical team at Melwood and a small strain was detected following a scan.

The 24-year-old will now undergo a treatment programme in order to try and be available for the trip to Carrow Road."

It's only Norwich, Bob.

Not exactly Atletico Madrid is it.

thumbsup.gif

BTW. We sold you Sturridge and loaned you Moses.

How much more help can we give you?

(See you in the CL next season. thumbsup.gif )

It's only Norwich, Bob.

thumbsup.gif

It is a regular joy of mine to remind oldgit and Mad Dog Simmonds about DS

As far as Moses is concerned, I'm just glad he is not eligible to play against Chelsea. Think Jose knew what he doing loaning us that fella.

CL indeed, awesome to be back, super excited, looking forward to the odd trip to Europe. Still hoping to get back for next week's match!

• Like 1

It's only Norwich, Bob.

thumbsup.gif

Not so much a helping hand from you, so much as one from us. we helped two talented players escape the pit of doom that is Chelsea for so many. Would you like Stuirridge back? And though moses is not the class I would like, he will be better for Rodgers' tuition than mortinio's kiss of death. Liverpool take players and develop them Mortinio buys players and destrys half of them; which i supposw is special. i would apologise for spelling errors but i am eastingsome lush fried chicken wings that seem much more importanmt than writing about the spacious one

morephinios

i would apologise for spelling errors but i am eastingsome lush fried chicken wings...

It's not KFC is it?

...we helped two talented players escape the pit of doom that is Chelsea for so many.

Torres? I don't know what happened to him once he walked through the front door at Chelsea, but obviously not the same as when he left the 'pool.

It's only Norwich, Bob.

thumbsup.gif

you bought torres too. cheers.

and absolutely no disrespect to norwich (difference between liverpool fans and chelsea fans there for neutral viewers). no easy games at this level.