Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Assaidi to Stoke £7M, another good bit of business
And Mr Ayre will still get a slating off some people.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's only one piece of business, see at the end of the window. I'm not a fan.

Its not just one piece of business tho is it Bob. He gets slated for low balling when none of us really know what goes on amongst the so called committee we have. If we're going to single him out then where are the plaudits when transfers work out?

IMO we shouldn't single him out if we fail to land a potential transfer we've read about in some rag or bloody tweet.

Sorry for going on mate....the Leo has took over :-)

No worries fella ;-)

Granted he is no Christian Purslow, but he is a Gillet & Hicks appointment and that doesn't sit well for me. Last summers transfer disasters being played out quite publicly and his blasé responses to missing out targets is not on. His background is more geared towards commercial contracts rather than player negotiations which I think are very different things and I'd rather see him chasing sponsor money than players.

For sure he probably gets more than he deserves, but I doubt he gives a toss.

Cheers!

Agreed on his background but missing out on our so called targets last season, none of us know exactly what happened there.

The way I see it the committee agree on a player and maximum fee they think he is worth. A line has to be drawn, we are not city or chelsea with an open cheque book.

I'm not talking about going out and writing blank cheques that would be easy. More than enough players valuations were met over the past couple of seasons and they chose to go to other clubs like Spurs. That final closing out is down to Ayre and in these 50/50 situations he's lost every single time.

Its clear and obvious to all of us that with a shored up defence and a Soldaduddo replacement and our £30m superstar flying we will win the league at a canter......best of luck though to the rest of ya!

I think you are lost,literally!!!

Its clear and obvious to all of us that with a shored up defence and a Soldaduddo replacement and our £30m superstar flying we will win the league at a canter......best of luck though to the rest of ya!

Dear oh dear.. .you win my noob award!

Dear oh dear.. .you win my noob award!

Should I thank you or just tell you to f/off?

Preston Giantkillers?

And then Ibe sets up his second, nice goal from Suso

Excuse me for asking Bob , are you living in LOS ? did you watch the PNE vs. LFC. If so what channel did you watch it on ? . I have been thinking about joining LFC.tv £23.00 per season but not sure of viewing quality .

Preston Giantkillers?

Excuse me for asking Bob , are you living in LOS ? did you watch the PNE vs. LFC. If so what channel did you watch it on ? . I have been thinking about joining LFC.tv £23.00 per season but not sure of viewing quality .

I watched it here in Thailand on lfctv but my internet speed is a bit crap. 9/10 the channel is pretty good. Its worth the money plus every bit helps towards the club :-)

@ Bob

Myktarian was always going to Dortmund.

Knoplyankas representives were whoaring him out.

Salah and willian ended up at a top 4 club from London.

The fees may have been agreed but if a club comes in right at the end of the negotiations from "London" plus a better chance at winning trophies (at the time) and offering higher wages........its a no brainer.

Anyway, its looking good for our club at the moment. We need to be in that top 4 consistently, that's where the top players want to be.

Hiya Bob thanks for your quick response . Yeh , I live in Chiang Saen which is as far North as you can go , and same here internet speed terrible . I have CTH . so I am ok for the P/L games . But now really excited about upcoming season & would like to see the US tour , will go ahead & sign up to lfctv . Cheers my ol` mate . Bri .

another good signing. we are making a hell of a lot of them like, hope brendan can get them all bedded in quickly.

also hope that lovren is comfortable playing right-sided centreback.

He is right footed Stevie so shouldn't be a problem.

Preston Giantkillers?

I watched it here in Thailand on lfctv but my internet speed is a bit crap. 9/10 the channel is pretty good. Its worth the money plus every bit helps towards the club :-)

Hi Longstebe sorry about that , just seen it was you & not Bob that replied cheers mate r`gds Bri .

another good signing. we are making a hell of a lot of them like, hope brendan can get them all bedded in quickly.

As said, a very good signing. Lovren was my ready made replacement for Michael Dawson!

Preston Giantkillers?

Hi Longstebe sorry about that , just seen it was you & not Bob that replied cheers mate r`gds Bri .

My fault for poking my nose inn :-)

in theory. he has always played left-side for lyon, saints and croatia though. right-footed but plays left side, like sami hyypia. so hopefully he's comfortable switching across to the right and playing alongside sakho if that's the plan.

@ Bob

Myktarian was always going to Dortmund.

Knoplyankas representives were whoaring him out.

Salah and willian ended up at a top 4 club from London.

The fees may have been agreed but if a club comes in right at the end of the negotiations from "London" plus a better chance at winning trophies (at the time) and offering higher wages........its a no brainer.

Anyway, its looking good for our club at the moment. We need to be in that top 4 consistently, that's where the top players want to be.

I expect you know as much as I know and that was in my opinion;

Dempsey – top target nicked by Spurs

Sigurdsson – Could not negotiate wage demands nicked by Spurs

Mkhitarayan - was done and all but coming to Liverpool until Dortmund stepped in, should have closed.

Konoplyanka - we wanted him, met the clause, we fafed about and missed the deadline because we didn’t execute this plan B in time.

Salah, and Willian agree far enough on missing those, but you can’t back Ian Ayre on the above.

A good negotiator moves swift and strikes a deal while the iron is hot, the longer it goes on the more chance of it breaking down.

A good negotiator persuades people against the odds.

Those drawn out sagas we’ve had and lost are embarrassing.

And why bother chasing targets that are likely to be unattainable?

Ian Ayre is the man at the sharp end so he is going to take the flak, due or not. He is the man with the pen in hand. And if he is shielding the moves of FSG then he is doing a good job for them.

Admittedly things seem to be going well this year, and I will be the first one to say he’s done a good job if credit is due.

i was still in bed...in the Middle East, thanks longstebe stepping in wink.png

Any game that's on TV is going to be streamed everywhere, as was this.

Although what were you still doing in bed in the Middle East at 5pm Bob?

Maybe you shouldn't answer that.

biggrin.png

I was in bed when he sent the request smile.png

I was horizontal when the game was on but on the couch....not on my Bein sports though btw, had to stream

It seems Longstebe has got a boner for Ian Ayres !

If I was Longstebe ,I'd keep my ear open & listen to Bangrakbob,he knows what's happening.

Longstebe's probably a woolyback born in Ormskirk anyway !!! Probably only been as far as Paris watching Liverpool!!whistling.gif

• Like 1

biggrin.png

I was horizontal when the game was on but on the couch....not on my Bein sports though btw, had to stream

You need to retune. It was on BeIn Sport 8HD.

Just watching the PNE game & see that John Bradley (commentator) is calling Emre Can - Jan or Jaan ,is that right?

And interesting that he's took the number 23 shirt ,some shirt to fill that lad!

Latest I've heard is that it is pronounced as Sian....so Jaan is pretty close with a soft Jbiggrin.png

• Like 1

biggrin.png

You need to retune. It was on BeIn Sport 8HD.

I think that channel is missing, it's piped in to the compound i don't have my own box.

Think I might need to look in to it if it means missing games. Mind you they stopped showing all live matches last season because of their own loose bellendary defense against pirates, so that might be the same this season.