Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Lallana out for 6 weeks. Knee ligament injury.

The ligament does not need to be operated on, so hopefully not too serious. In any case, Lazar Markovic making an immediate impression already; http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-new-boy-lazar-markovic-3897807

Crikey, they're coming out of the woodwork, just shows what a good season can do for ya laugh.png

<deleted>.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lallana is fragile. Not convinced by him atm.

Shame you didn't mention that to the transfer committee before we bought him

• Like 2

<deleted>.

But like wilai said. They knew he had health problems which is why he got left behind when the top geezers left him behind at the Southampton Academy.

One season wonder and no spring chicken. Don't rate him atm.

Prove me wrong.

<deleted>.

But like wilai said. They knew he had health problems which is why he got left behind when the top geezers left him behind at the Southampton Academy.

One season wonder and no spring chicken. Don't rate him atm.

Prove me wrong.

I can prove you are talking rubbish.

He's close to his prime age as a footballer, "no spring chicken" suggests a testimonial is afoot.

The "one season wonder" suggestion is nonsensical he hasn't even started the follow up season to his apparent one season of wonder.

"atm" is also nonsensical as his last moment was his apparent one season of wonder, so there is no "atm" because we are off-season. Or you didn't rate his one season of wonder, which would then contradict that season being a "wonder'

• Like 1

^

If Chelsea can deal with Suarez and Aguero, you can bet your bottom dollar Lallana won't get a look in.

Markovic? We'll see. I wouldn't be confident that he will run rings round Chelsea either.

smile.png

Last season was last season, so what if your team won close matches against top sides, it is expected. You lost to average teams at home too and you won &lt;deleted&gt; all.

You are changing the point of conversation completely to bring it back to Chelsea. No team can run rings around a team with an ethos of boring teams to death inside their own box. Go crap on about them on the Chelsea thread.

• Like 1

^

If Chelsea can deal with Suarez and Aguero, you can bet your bottom dollar Lallana won't get a look in.

Markovic? We'll see. I wouldn't be confident that he will run rings round Chelsea either.

smile.png

Last season was last season, so what if your team won close matches against top sides, it is expected. You lost to average teams at home too and you won <deleted> all.

You are changing the point of conversation completely to bring it back to Chelsea. No team can run rings around a team with an ethos of boring teams to death inside their own box. Go crap on about them on the Chelsea thread.

No need to get stroppy Bob.

Who are you playing at RB?

Teams like UNITED, City and Chelsea will expose your defensive weakness.

I think Brendan's missing a trick tbh. Need Suarez replacement, and the back 4 needs shoring up big time.

Still a month to go in the window. So, up to you.

^

smile.png

Last season was last season, so what if your team won close matches against top sides, it is expected. You lost to average teams at home too and you won <deleted> all.

I think Brendan's missing a trick tbh. Need Suarez replacement, and the back 4 needs shoring up big time.

I kind of agree with some of this. I am still worried about our defense, and only time will tell what will happen with Lovren coming in. iIwould still like another defensive signing, and am disappointed that Coatez has not come on (I really had big hopes for him), and hope he will still develop. I want Skirtle to stay and I do not understand what has happened to his partnership with Agger (who I also rate), but something is clearly wrong. I'm glad erique is coming back too,

I want the defense sorted as I believe that we can actually handle missing Suarez. If Sturrige keeps it up, Sterling carries on developing, Marcovic is the player we hope, and we sign a quality striker (no disrespect to lambert who I think will be used tactically against teams that park the bus) then goals will come. Winning 3-0 is useless if you lose 1-0 because of defensive frailties the next week. Liverpool will score goals next season, no doubt, we just need to stop them going in against us.

Edited by nellyp
  • Like 1

I reckon we'll get Moreno in before the end of the window. Sakho will be more comfortable this season, Lovren seems to be a good commanding CB plus Enrique is back.

We'll be OK fellow Reds.

^

smile.png

I kind of agree with some of this. I am still worried about our defense, and only time will tell what will happen with Lovren coming in. iIwould still like another defensive signing, and am disappointed that Coatez has not come on (I really had big hopes for him), and hope he will still develop. I want Skirtle to stay and I do not understand what has happened to his partnership with Agger (who I also rate), but something is clearly wrong. I'm glad erique is coming back too,

I want the defense sorted as I believe that we can actually handle missing Suarez. If Sturrige keeps it up, Sterling carries on developing, Marcovic is the player we hope, and we sign a quality striker (no disrespect to lambert who I think will be used tactically against teams that park the bus) then goals will come. Winning 3-0 is useless if you lose 1-0 because of defensive frailties the next week. Liverpool will score goals next season, no doubt, we just need to stop them going in against us.

Don't you think a World class defensive midfielder would help you to concede less goals ? see you linked with everyone else apart from one of these !

Agree, Llana is lightweight and the defence needs shoring up, as Martin Skrtel and Kolo Touré's cavalier partnership was virtually suicidal, whilst Martin Skrtel and Mamadou Sakho were like newly weds, with one clean sheet in 17. With Gerrard getting older, Johnson bombing forward, things could get really open

Lovren would bolster the squad, but the price tag is questionable considering the Reds could have got him for £12 million last summer. LB is a critical area and needs prioritising too.

• Like 1

Don't you think a World class defensive midfielder would help you to concede less goals ? see you linked with everyone else apart from one of these !

With Gerrard getting older, Johnson bombing forward, things could get really open

Sort of answers my question smile.png

But Rodgers is slowly shaping and improving this side, with the established defensive incumbents coming under some pressure.

For example, Rodgers has already invested in Sakho, whom he spent £18 million on only last August, and so one would expect he should develop into one of the first choices soon. Lovren is probably overpriced, and may not however add anything more other than age, to what there is already.

It should not be forgotten that Rodgers has also invested in the talent of Tiago Ilori, whom he paid £7 million for last summer. The Sporting Lisbon academy graduate has yet to feature for the Reds, and is one for the future. The Portugese centre-back is highly-rated and is renowned for his pace, passing and maturity beyond his peers. He has blistering pace would allow him to compensate for defending high. He's also very versatile, and can play in any position across the back four. Ilori is only 21-years-old, which makes him a bright prospect. After all, he was actually last summer's highest transfer priority.

And don't forget Coutinho, it still amazes me why Coutinho was not selected by Brazil. With some guile and aptitude Rodgers appears to be moulding a team without the so called stars others appear more interested in.

^How do you think some joe posting on a Thaivisa footy forum will have any way of influencing the LFC manager?

If LFC wanted to drop their levels of high attacking pacey football to a snails pace, drop deep, practising bore the sh1t out of the world type football ,well Jose would likely be the top of Rodgers go to list,but you can bet your bottom dollar that,that is never going to happen.

Liverpool FC are in good hands ,the amount of time you & other club so-called supporters spend here commenting on us gives me a buzz ,it's a good sign !!

Cos Joe Poster, supporter of Mourinho, knows Brendan worked for Mourinho.

Mourinho knows exactly where Brendan is coming from.

smile.png

^How do you think some joe posting on a Thaivisa footy forum will have any way of influencing the LFC manager?

If LFC wanted to drop their levels of high attacking pacey football to a snails pace, drop deep, practising bore the sh1t out of the world type football ,well Jose would likely be the top of Rodgers go to list,but you can bet your bottom dollar that,that is never going to happen.

Liverpool FC are in good hands ,the amount of time you & other club so-called supporters spend here commenting on us gives me a buzz ,it's a good sign !!

smile.png

That does not answer the question .If are trying to be funny in anyway shape or form again ,you fail.

Yeah Rodgers worked under Mourinho ...Mourinho was a massive influence in the way Rodgers sets up his team & his whole philosophy of the way football should be played wasn't he? Bwahahaaa

smile.png

Rogers also worked with other people and has been developing his own football ethos for years. I agree with MM, why would Rogers now need to ask mourinho about playing attractive football? Now you have drogba back to punt the balll to, I can only see your football becoming less attractive. We, as Liverpool supporters, look to where Brendan is going, not where he is coming from

smile.png

That does not answer the question .If are trying to be funny in anyway shape or form again ,you fail.

Yeah Rodgers worked under Mourinho ...Mourinho was a massive influence in the way Rodgers sets up his team & his whole philosophy of the way football should be played wasn't he? Bwahahaaa

Yep. Mourinho and Rodgers will be fine. Don't worry.

Not so sure about those Tottenham geezers mind. Seem to have got some issues. smile.png

Apparently you scousers have put an offer in for Betty the Southampton the tea lady biggrin.png

Might as well just buy their academy.

Well, at least we could. It speaks volumes that none of them wanted to go with their ex manager. Perhaps it was because of the club he went to, whatever happened o the pull of landun?

Apparently you scousers have put an offer in for Betty the Southampton the tea lady biggrin.png

Might as well just buy their academy.

Well, at least we could. It speaks volumes that none of them wanted to go with their ex manager. Perhaps it was because of the club he went to, whatever happened o the pull of landun?

Not heard we tried to sign them Nelly....maybe you know different!

biggrin.png

smile.png

Rogers also worked with other people and has been developing his own football ethos for years. I agree with MM, why would Rogers now need to ask mourinho about playing attractive football? Now you have drogba back to punt the balll to, I can only see your football becoming less attractive. We, as Liverpool supporters, look to where Brendan is going, not where he is coming from

If you and mm are going to be taken in by P45 then best you put him on ignore like several other posters, better for your blood preasure as well biggrin.png

• Like 1