Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

We are constantly missing our targets and settling for players that are not first choice if any. Then it seems the manager is unable to get them to play the style of play he wants.

Other teams have worked out how to play against this style by shutting us deon early and you can see we are unable to play the ball out from the back like we did previous. The manager then has no plan B and has not been able to improve the play, yet he sticks with it.

Rodgers has spent a lot of money, super stars or no super stars you'd expect by now we'd have seen some signs of improvement but I don't see it coming.

I don't know the behind the scenes but at the end of the day it's down to him and the players he has bought

Bob , have been browsing the `net , & have seen references linking us with bringing in Frank Rijkaard as DoF . This for me makes sense , he would attract top players far more than Rodgers does . I definitely think Rodgers is struggling on his own , he may not agree with this but tough poo-poo . What do you think , it would be nice to think he could do for us what Ronald Koeman as done for Soton......

They need to do something, as I think that has to be part of the issue (Rodgers relative inexperience or relevance) but as Stevie says they still won't pay the wages. I have mentioned it before, if we can't pay the wages then don't make our club look stupid by offering sub-market value contracts only to be passed up for another club.

I understand FFP and the FSG formula, but we got in to the CL and we have not capitalised on that, we have regressed spectacularly. It was obvious to everyone we needed to sign a top quality striker and we had the funds to do that, instead we got lambert and balotelli.

Koemen is doing a great job, but they are focussed on one league and will they last the distance, how long can they keep it up. I'd bet he'd be investing substantially next summer if they make the CL.

the difference between last season and this is genuinely staggering. it was clear to every man and his dog that last season we were bloody awful defensively. it's been a blatant problem since brendan joined and he doesn't seem to be either willing or capable of doing anything about it.

55 goals and a hatful of assists from suarez and sturridge last season covered up the fact that we shipped 50 goals in the league - a mental figure for a team that was still in with a chance of winning the title on the final day of the season. we simply didn't sign the players that we clearly needed in the summer - a top, mobile, goalscoring forward, a top defensive midfielder (alex song should have been that man) and a centre back with genuine presence, dominance and top level experience. the manager - and presumably this nonsensical transfer 'committee' - got it all wrong with the targets and this was probably as you say at the behest of FSG and their business model. speculate to accumulate - splash serious money on three or four key top quality signings rather than potential and we'd surely be in a much better, more stable position and aiming at the top four again.

I do not agree we follow Utd`s path ie paying a so-called big name Falcao 300k per week , FSG have given Rodgers over 200mill since he came & Sturridge has been the only genuine success the buck stops with Rodgers he has had the final say on who we buy . Hindsight is a wonderful thing Alex Song on loan , Loic Remy , Samuel Eto could have been signed for less than what Rodgers paid for Balotelli & the slowest forward ever to wear the red shirt of LFC ie Rickie Lambert . The fault definitely lies with Rodgers .

They need to do something, as I think that has to be part of the issue (Rodgers relative inexperience or relevance) but as Stevie says they still won't pay the wages. I have mentioned it before, if we can't pay the wages then don't make our club look stupid by offering sub-market value contracts only to be passed up for another club.

I understand FFP and the FSG formula, but we got in to the CL and we have not capitalised on that, we have regressed spectacularly. It was obvious to everyone we needed to sign a top quality striker and we had the funds to do that, instead we got lambert and balotelli.

Koemen is doing a great job, but they are focussed on one league and will they last the distance, how long can they keep it up. I'd bet he'd be investing substantially next summer if they make the CL.

the difference between last season and this is genuinely staggering. it was clear to every man and his dog that last season we were bloody awful defensively. it's been a blatant problem since brendan joined and he doesn't seem to be either willing or capable of doing anything about it.

55 goals and a hatful of assists from suarez and sturridge last season covered up the fact that we shipped 50 goals in the league - a mental figure for a team that was still in with a chance of winning the title on the final day of the season. we simply didn't sign the players that we clearly needed in the summer - a top, mobile, goalscoring forward, a top defensive midfielder (alex song should have been that man) and a centre back with genuine presence, dominance and top level experience. the manager - and presumably this nonsensical transfer 'committee' - got it all wrong with the targets and this was probably as you say at the behest of FSG and their business model. speculate to accumulate - splash serious money on three or four key top quality signings rather than potential and we'd surely be in a much better, more stable position and aiming at the top four again.

I do not agree we follow Utd`s path ie paying a so-called big name Falcao 300k per week , FSG have given Rodgers over 200mill since he came & Sturridge has been the only genuine success the buck stops with Rodgers he has had the final say on who we buy . Hindsight is a wonderful thing Alex Song on loan , Loic Remy , Samuel Eto could have been signed for less than what Rodgers paid for Balotelli & the slowest forward ever to wear the red shirt of LFC ie Rickie Lambert . The fault definitely lies with Rodgers .

how are you so sure? you do know that there's a transfer committee right? brendan rodgers didn't sign luis alberto and iago aspas for £14m combined and then not play them - they simply weren't his signings.

and we may well have spent a lot on transfer fees, granted - and the vast majority of it has been poorly spent, agreed - but we simply cannot compete with chelsea, city and united on wages. we're nowhere near them. that's why when we have gone in for three really top class attackers recently - diego costa, alexis sanchez and falcao - we haven't got them.

ultimately the buck will stop with brendan rodgers but there's more wrong systemically at liverpool football club than just the manager.

I think the comment regarding Rickie Lambert is a bit unfair. It is a fact that last season he was the joint highest English goalscorer in the Premier League, just as lmportantly he was the joint second highest creator in the Premier league from open play, tied with David Silva. Lambert has consistently scored goals wherever he has been, he has proved his doubters wrong season after season, he has nothing to prove to anyone on that score. Given the chance he would score goals for Liverpool, but of course he won't score too many sat on his arse on the bench. ( Bringing him on for a 5 minute cameo at the end doesn't really count).

Although Balotelli gets himself into some good goalscoring positions, when it comes to pulling the trigger he is hopeless. There is no doubt that Rickie Lambert would have buried many of the chances that have come Balotelli's way this season.

I too think that the buck must stop with Rodgers, he is a weak link at the moment, surely Toure and Lucas should have kept their places after their performances at Real Madrid, otherwise what was the point of his 'experiment'. Rodgers hasn't got the cojones to drop Lovren, Balotelli and Gerrard, who have all been dire so far and are hopelessly out of form. I suppose given the money he spent on Lovren, and especially Balotelli, who it is rumoured is on 90 grand a week with his tax paid, he is desperate to be proved right. Sooner or later he will have to bite the bullet, this is his Kenny Dalgleish / Andy Carroll moment, and i fear it will all end the same way.

• Like 1

how are you so sure? you do know that there's a transfer committee right? brendan rodgers didn't sign luis alberto and iago aspas for £14m combined and then not play them - they simply weren't his signings.

and we may well have spent a lot on transfer fees, granted - and the vast majority of it has been poorly spent, agreed - but we simply cannot compete with chelsea, city and united on wages. we're nowhere near them. that's why when we have gone in for three really top class attackers recently - diego costa, alexis sanchez and falcao - we haven't got them.

ultimately the buck will stop with brendan rodgers but there's more wrong systemically at liverpool football club than just the manager.

Don`t know where you got the info that Alberto or Aspas were not his signings & I cannot believe he did not play them because he did not want them . If what you are saying is true no wonder the club is in shit order . As I have already said I do not want to compete with the 3 clubs in a wage battle . I don`t know about Costa or Falcao but we outbid Arsenal for Sanchez but he told Barca he wanted to go to Arsenal . He was the nearest we will ever get to replacing Suarez , a huge loss for us . I think we all agree that altho FSG have invested a huge amount they are only interested in us as a business venture . They seem to be doing a good job of marketing the club , but the footballing side of the club needs to be completely reorganised as Rodgers & co are not up to the task in hand , starting with a DoF immediately . If that means bye bye Brendan so be it .

I think the comment regarding Rickie Lambert is a bit unfair. It is a fact that last season he was the joint highest English goalscorer in the Premier League, just as lmportantly he was the joint second highest creator in the Premier league from open play, tied with David Silva. Lambert has consistently scored goals wherever he has been, he has proved his doubters wrong season after season, he has nothing to prove to anyone on that score. Given the chance he would score goals for Liverpool, but of course he won't score too many sat on his arse on the bench. ( Bringing him on for a 5 minute cameo at the end doesn't really count).

Although Balotelli gets himself into some good goalscoring positions, when it comes to pulling the trigger he is hopeless. There is no doubt that Rickie Lambert would have buried many of the chances that have come Balotelli's way this season.

I too think that the buck must stop with Rodgers, he is a weak link at the moment, surely Toure and Lucas should have kept their places after their performances at Real Madrid, otherwise what was the point of his 'experiment'. Rodgers hasn't got the cojones to drop Lovren, Balotelli and Gerrard, who have all been dire so far and are hopelessly out of form. I suppose given the money he spent on Lovren, and especially Balotelli, who it is rumoured is on 90 grand a week with his tax paid, he is desperate to be proved right. Sooner or later he will have to bite the bullet, this is his Kenny Dalgleish / Andy Carroll moment, and i fear it will all end the same way.

As far as Rickie Lambert is concerned , I did not know he existed last season , but what I have seen of him since he arrived here he is absolutely awful , & so slow the exact opposite of what we were seeing last season , our attacking was built on Suarez` energy & movement & Sturridge & Sterlings pace , Rodgers replaces that with Lambert & Balotelli , the latter having the worst attitude of any player that has worn the red shirt .

it is true. those two in particular were not rodgers signings. sakho wasn't either.

arsenal have the london lure over us and apparently mrs sanchez wanted to live in the bright lights of the capital if leaving barcelona. that's another area where the only thing we can compete with arsenal, chelsea and to an extent even tottenham on is wages. they have the london lure, so we have to offer much more in wages to turn a player's head towards merseyside. and FSG's model does not involve paying top, top level wages.

you're spot on about the marketing vs football side of the club thing though. their priority is revenues, which makes you wonder why they are overseeing such a balls-up of requalifying for the champions league this season.

and to be honest, name one great director of football in the english league. what makes you think that would suddenly be such a cure-all?

As far as Rickie Lambert is concerned , I did not know he existed last season , but what I have seen of him since he arrived here he is absolutely awful , & so slow the exact opposite of what we were seeing last season , our attacking was built on Suarez` energy & movement & Sturridge & Sterlings pace , Rodgers replaces that with Lambert & Balotelli , the latter having the worst attitude of any player that has worn the red shirt .

never saw andriy voronin then?

A bit of a strange thing to say, "didn't know Lambert existed last season". Do you only watch Liverpool.? He was the second highest English goalscorer, has scored goals consistently in the Premiership for a few seasons. You surely cannot make a fair judgement of his abilities this season because he has hardly played, spends most of his time warming the bench, He would certainly score goals if he was given the chance, but his game is not only about scoring goals, he is a proper footballer, a class act with a sublime touch for a big guy. I agree he is not the quickest, but that isn't everything. IMHO you are underrating him.

it is true. those two in particular were not rodgers signings. sakho wasn't either.

arsenal have the london lure over us and apparently mrs sanchez wanted to live in the bright lights of the capital if leaving barcelona. that's another area where the only thing we can compete with arsenal, chelsea and to an extent even tottenham on is wages. they have the london lure, so we have to offer much more in wages to turn a player's head towards merseyside. and FSG's model does not involve paying top, top level wages.

you're spot on about the marketing vs football side of the club thing though. their priority is revenues, which makes you wonder why they are overseeing such a balls-up of requalifying for the champions league this season.

and to be honest, name one great director of football in the english league. what makes you think that would suddenly be such a cure-all?

Being honest has I always am ! I am at a loss of what we can do turn things around , hopefully Daniel Sturridge will make a difference .

Andre Voronin wasn't he a Russian cosmonaut

A bit of a strange thing to say, "didn't know Lambert existed last season". Do you only watch Liverpool.? He was the second highest English goalscorer, has scored goals consistently in the Premiership for a few seasons. You surely cannot make a fair judgement of his abilities this season because he has hardly played, spends most of his time warming the bench, He would certainly score goals if he was given the chance, but his game is not only about scoring goals, he is a proper footballer, a class act with a sublime touch for a big guy. I agree he is not the quickest, but that isn't everything. IMHO you are underrating him.

No I watch all the other premiership teams......that is when they play Liverpool . All these accolade`s you are throwing about Lambert , your not his brother by any chance are you . I am certainly not underrating him I stand by my original statement he is the slowest ever striker ever to play for Liverpool . But I will admit he seems a very nice guy , I would prefer him to be an a-ole & a fearsome very quick & deadly striker on the pitch of course not at home .

It's not about the likes of Falcao, Sanchez, Costa, Mangala, simply coz of different pay scales. So what BR needs to do, is find up and coming players that the others do not want. Did not BR bring in Coutinho, he in my mind was a shrewd purchase.

There are some gifted players out there, like Nathan Dyer of Swansea, Southampton's right back Nathaniel Clynne, and West Brom striker. I would much prefer these type, than the Falcao's or Sanchez.

It's not about the likes of Falcao, Sanchez, Costa, Mangala, simply coz of different pay scales. So what BR needs to do, is find up and coming players that the others do not want. Did not BR bring in Coutinho, he in my mind was a shrewd purchase.

There are some gifted players out there, like Nathan Dyer of Swansea, Southampton's right back Nathaniel Clynne, and West Brom striker. I would much prefer these type, than the Falcao's or Sanchez.

somtamme you are so right , doing what Utd , Chelsea & City do just paying ready made big stars huge fortunes to join them is the rich mans lazy way out . One of my big dislikes of Rodgers is the fact for one he never tries a different player in a problem position eg the D/M position if Stevie is not available he plays Lucas who admittedly has played a wee bit better lately but for me he gives the team nothing . Why does he not try Johnno or Enrique or even Toure . Then he let Ibe go out on loan , Ibe would have been much better than any of the strikers he has used Lambert , Borini or Balotelli , Why is he not giving Ojo , Canos or Sinclair a place on the bench one thing these boys have is pace but no for a reason only known to himself Rodgers persists with the dreadful Balotelli whose attitude absolutely stinks . I am also not a fan of stealing young talent from other clubs . When a manager like Rodgers is paid millions per year he should have the know-how to get the very best from our own young talent . For god sake John Henry please if & when you get rid of Rodgers get someone who knows the game to choose his replacement , and not get conned as you where by Rodgers spiel .

coutinho wasn't a brendan signing either by the way. he didn't really rate him. so swings and roundabouts. clyne is a cracking player but nathan dyer? nah, he's never going to get better than he already is.

No I watch all the other premiership teams......that is when they play Liverpool . All these accolade`s you are throwing about Lambert , your not his brother by any chance are you . I am certainly not underrating him I stand by my original statement he is the slowest ever striker ever to play for Liverpool . But I will admit he seems a very nice guy , I would prefer him to be an a-ole & a fearsome very quick & deadly striker on the pitch of course not at home .

I remember Stevie H saying the same about only watching Liverpool matches. Not knocking it, but it does seem very odd to me - is it a Liverpool culture 'thing'? Would you actually refuse to watch say a Champions Leauge final between Chelsea and Manchester City for instance (talking hypothetically). Would you get $hit from your mates if you owned up to having seen a non-Liverpool game?

Not poking fun honestly - always liked the city and the humour when I went there on biz.

I remember Stevie H saying the same about only watching Liverpool matches. Not knocking it, but it does seem very odd to me - is it a Liverpool culture 'thing'? Would you actually refuse to watch say a Champions Leauge final between Chelsea and Manchester City for instance (talking hypothetically). Would you get $hit from your mates if you owned up to having seen a non-Liverpool game?

Not poking fun honestly - always liked the city and the humour when I went there on biz.

Hi Santi , I am deadly serious , the only time I watch another premier team is if they have a player we are interested in . I sometimes watch European games ie RMD v Barca . But never another Premier club , especially Utd. & Neverton . I have always been like this . I agree its rather sad .

don't think i ever said that santi, i watch lots of other football. i don't watch internationals unless it's in a world cup or euros because there's no point. i've never watched a european cup final in which man united were playing though. that would be stupid.

coutinho wasn't a brendan signing either by the way. he didn't really rate him. so swings and roundabouts. clyne is a cracking player but nathan dyer? nah, he's never going to get better than he already is.

Well, if BR did not sign Coutinho, then he drops further in my estimation of him. I'm not actually sure if there are any that he signed that really stand out.

Well, if BR did not sign Coutinho, then he drops further in my estimation of him. I'm not actually sure if there are any that he signed that really stand out.

Yeh Rodgers transfer record since he became LFC manager is abysmal . And so far this season our football is about the same and unlike Bkk Bob I do not back him . Waiting to see if the return of Sturridge makes me change my mind . Not going to hold my breath though .

That's unfair on Eric Meijerwhistling.gif

Sorry 60 metre sprint Meijier vs Lambert dead heat 20 secs each .

Good news indeed , sad state of affairs tho` when we are so dependant on one man . A 100% fit Daniel Sturridge is has important to LFC as Luis was . Now really looking forward to the Palace game .

The match up betw Bolasie for Palace and Manquillo or Johnson will be interesting. Bolasie is I reckon, another of the up and coming players and one to watch out for. Similarly, I would like to see the performance of Zaha.