Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Worse and worse and worse.....the defending on that second goal was laughable. I've seen better defending on Sunday morning.

What concerns me is historically Rodgers has done this before at Reading and he has no idea how to stop it.

I've got tickets for Swansea at Christmas, be <deleted> pissed if I'm watching anything like that <deleted> rubbish.

Bob that is the last game in 2014 . How ironic would it be if it was his last game at our beloved club .But the way we are playing he could be sacked well before that. You can see by his expressions on the sidelines he his absolutely bemused . The scary thing was there was no lack of effort on our part , plain & simple lack of quality our movement & passing was abysmal .

Jamie Carragher said.

“This is more than a poor start. There is something wrong. There is something not right,” Carragher told Sky Sports.

“They’re getting bullied out of games. This time last year when they came in, we said they’re mentally and physically weak. Same again, nothing has changed.

“£120m has been spent and Luis Suarez is gone. So what if Suarez is gone! They’re still mentally weak, they’re lacking leadership on the pitch

“The worst thing that can ever be thrown at your own team is that they’re being bullied or being weak. That is what we saw today from Liverpool. It has been happening all season.

“I’ve never moved club. I’m sure it takes a foreign player a bit of time [to settle] but we’re getting to stage now where we need to start seeing performances.

“You know it was coming. As soon as Palace equalised, Liverpool didn’t offer anything. They aren’t getting beaten by quality.

“They’re mentally and physically weak.”

• Like 1

Agger and Riena offloaded!!

An ageing Gerrard.

And a world class centre forward that never stood by your club in the same way the club did to him on numerous occasions.

Relying on Sterling and the overrated Sturridge one is young and tired the other has always been injury prone and after the departure of the biter there real standards are rightly being questioned now.And just a point on that real piece of white Borini.?he was laughable :-)

No real quality bought in with all the new money and Brenda's history of making a pigs ear of things all point to Klopp as he as been spouting on the been about if an opportunity arises he would talk ....not a bad choice if you can get him.

On the plus side he plaster longer than Moyes :-)

Worse and worse and worse.....the defending on that second goal was laughable. I've seen better defending on Sunday morning.

What concerns me is historically Rodgers has done this before at Reading and he has no idea how to stop it.

I've got tickets for Swansea at Christmas, be <deleted> pissed if I'm watching anything like that <deleted> rubbish.

Bob that is the last game in 2014 . How ironic would it be if it was his last game at our beloved club .But the way we are playing he could be sacked well before that. You can see by his expressions on the sidelines he his absolutely bemused . The scary thing was there was no lack of effort on our part , plain & simple lack of quality our movement & passing was abysmal .

Yeah I've got a feeling he won't last that long. It's been some time since I've seen a Liverpool team play like that ever week, in fact i don't even remember when I saw 3 losses on the bounce...

Some of the play out there is beyond unprofessional. we are the benjamin buttons of the EPL.

I'm seriously getting concerned about the wrong end of the table.

Jamie Carragher said.

“This is more than a poor start. There is something wrong. There is something not right,” Carragher told Sky Sports.

“They’re getting bullied out of games. This time last year when they came in, we said they’re mentally and physically weak. Same again, nothing has changed.

“£120m has been spent and Luis Suarez is gone. So what if Suarez is gone! They’re still mentally weak, they’re lacking leadership on the pitch

“The worst thing that can ever be thrown at your own team is that they’re being bullied or being weak. That is what we saw today from Liverpool. It has been happening all season.

“I’ve never moved club. I’m sure it takes a foreign player a bit of time [to settle] but we’re getting to stage now where we need to start seeing performances.

“You know it was coming. As soon as Palace equalised, Liverpool didn’t offer anything. They aren’t getting beaten by quality.

“They’re mentally and physically weak.”

Jamie never spoke a truer word , that is what struck me the most , the number of times one on one we lost out , one of the worst culprits was probably our biggest man on the field , the one that said he would die for this club ie Rickie Lambert , after he scored he should have got a hat-trick but he never attacked the ball , he cannot jump, talk of him going back to Soton on loan they would not have him back . More Rumors Jurgen Klopp is suppose to be fav. to take over from Rodgers , the sooner the better for me .

Still get 8/1 at coral on Rodger getting the boot.

On another thread there was an interesting analysis on manager availability, i.e. who could we get?

I really find it hard to see us turning this around and you'd have to think that Rodgers making the same mistakes week in week out is only 90 to 180 minutes away from the sack. This is a team in crisis.

it is - we look absolutely bereft of ideas, confidence and any of the swagger that was there last season. we also look totally beatable to just about any opponent. and brendan's showing no sign at all of knowing how to change things and turn it around. in which case yeah, he is done for.

he has a lot of credit in the bank from last season but if we do lose the next couple i can see the crowd turning on him.

"No leadership on the field" says Jamie Carragher well that lies at the feet of Steve G does it not ?

Gerrard looks way of the pace himself. Best move he could make is to get away in May,forget about a new contract

and maybe come back in a coaching or similar role if he still has the desire because at moment he looks like he doesn't.

"No leadership on the field" says Jamie Carragher well that lies at the feet of Steve G does it not ?

Gerrard looks way of the pace himself. Best move he could make is to get away in May,forget about a new contract

and maybe come back in a coaching or similar role if he still has the desire because at moment he looks like he doesn't.

I think the manager needs to wear just as much not being able to manage his players better. The role he keeps putting Gerrard in does not suit him, yet he persists. He also persists in playing him for 90 minutes when he should have been pulled instead of Joe Allen yesterday.

Admittedly his form is worthy of being dropped, but same could be said for everyone of them.

^^^^^

I think your bang on Bob.

Rodgers needs to change Gerrards position and limit his time on the pitch. How on earth is Johnson getting any game time is beyond me.

What's annoying me is Gerrard knows were the goal is more than most, let's get him playing behind our lone striker and put either Can or Lucas in the defensive midfield role. Also, Gerrard is playing that deep its almost like we have 3 centre backs.

• Like 2

^^^^^

I think your bang on Bob.

Rodgers needs to change Gerrards position and limit his time on the pitch. How on earth is Johnson getting any game time is beyond me.

What's annoying me is Gerrard knows were the goal is more than most, let's get him playing behind our lone striker and put either Can or Lucas in the defensive midfield role. Also, Gerrard is playing that deep its almost like we have 3 centre backs.

Yep agree with those recommendations, this season could be a &lt;deleted&gt; way for Gerrard to go out.

i think it's entirely possible that gerrard's suffering a massive psychological hangover from what happened at the end of last season. his slip against chelsea, the farce at palace, coming so close to the title only to blow it in the home straight. then a typically disastrous world cup with england, again as captain. and then suarez leaving meaning we're not going to be going for the title again for a long, long time, probably put the tin lid on it. wouldn't be surprised if the guy is a total mess.

I'd bet Gerrard is done more mentally than physically and that is saying something. So, you lose one of the best players in the world to Barca and the spine and guts leader of your team is broken. That would be enough to damage any team. Add in Sturridge's injuries, Mignolet's mediocrity and a defense that honestly was sh***y last season and you see the result.

I don't think Rodgers was as good as people thought last season and not as bad as some would have it now. That said, if he can't right the ship soon I imagine management would think about canning him. They can't have Liverpool flirting with relegation, no matter how far fetched it might sound. But it'll be a tough job for anybody.

Cant see us getting shut of the manager until the summer... and its madness to even consider it this early on in the season.

The biggest issue for the manager is how to drop Gerrard or use him in another role or just as a impact sub when needed - and give the new signings such as Lovren a seat on the bench (his confidence is shot)

Toure deserves a place in the back four based on his performance against Madrid as does Lucas in the midfield. And I want to see us stick with a back four and not rotating.

The back four needs protection, so sit both Lucas and Can in front of the defence (two holders) and then pick or rotate any of the other midfielders, attackers in front of them.

I would be happy with a clean sheet at this point...

• Like 1

Cant see us getting shut of the manager until the summer... and its madness to even consider it this early on in the season.

The biggest issue for the manager is how to drop Gerrard or use him in another role or just as a impact sub when needed - and give the new signings such as Lovren a seat on the bench (his confidence is shot)

Toure deserves a place in the back four based on his performance against Madrid as does Lucas in the midfield. And I want to see us stick with a back four and not rotating.

The back four needs protection, so sit both Lucas and Can in front of the defence (two holders) and then pick or rotate any of the other midfielders, attackers in front of them.

I would be happy with a clean sheet at this point...

Interesting point about Toure. Had a massive game against Madrid and promptly dropped the next game which was imho stupid. wealth of experience which is what that shaky defense needs. I always worry about managers that start shying away from picking form over a big name or big signing. In many respects that performance against Madrid was a template on how to make this season right, but i'm not sure what Rodgers took from it other than sticking to his guns by then selecting all his regulars for the next home game, who again put in an abject performance.

Obviously i don't analyze your games as closely as Liverpool fan would but thats how i see it.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1