Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

FA to take no action against bosingwa. stunning.

If i done that to someone on the Street, i'd be nicked...

yes true and he should have been booked.at the time i thought it was funny cos he did n't really hurt beny,but you could see that bos was just so frustrated at beny shielding the ball for what seemed a long time,and chelsea had just been flattened by 2 quick goals............pent up frustration no doubt.no excuse but funny to watch.

yes true and he should have been booked.at the time i thought it was funny cos he did n't really hurt beny,but you could see that bos was just so frustrated at beny shielding the ball for what seemed a long time,and chelsea had just been flattened by 2 quick goals............pent up frustration no doubt.no excuse but funny to watch.

I thought he should have been sent off to be honest, without a doubt..

Especially considering the ball was on the Floor & even if it wasn't, it would have been construed as dangerous play with how high his foot was..

Lampard got sent off 30 mins previously for what i can only assume was dangerous play & a high foot showing studs, & in that case the ball was there to be won, which he did..

Something to remember though especislly with the Riley bashign Thread we've got, he has Assiatant Referee's, 2 of them, & in the Bosingwa case, one of them was no more than 3 Yards away from it, yet he STILL waved his Flag & gave CHELSEA the Free Kick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MSingh

Everywhere must be wrong then Stevie...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...pur/7861523.stm

To say that you wouldn't have lost money on this transfer would be a little hard to believe i think Mate..

it's 16 rising to 19 m, promise you.

Well if it is & you haven't made a loss on this particular Player, someone at your Club is doing one hel_l of a Job...

I thought he should have been sent off to be honest, without a doubt..

Especially considering the ball was on the Floor & even if it wasn't, it would have been construed as dangerous play with how high his foot was..

Lampard got sent off 30 mins previously for what i can only assume was dangerous play & a high foot showing studs, & in that case the ball was there to be won, which he did..

Something to remember though especislly with the Riley bashign Thread we've got, he has Assiatant Referee's, 2 of them, & in the Bosingwa case, one of them was no more than 3 Yards away from it, yet he STILL waved his Flag & gave CHELSEA the Free Kick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping he would be given the red'un because he's been two-bob for us this last month.Gawd knows why Paolo Ferreira hasn't been drafted in.

Well if it is & you haven't made a loss on this particular Player, someone at your Club is doing one hel_l of a Job...

we've taken a bit of a loss as the additional 3m is linked to spurs winning trophies. :o

Now that's my kind of reply Stevie my Man... :D

Got to say Rafa's explanations of how much attacking force Liverpool now have are not convincing. I know we have Babel, El Zhar and Nemeth and others, but how about some proven quality strikers? All we have are Torres and now Gerrard, as he plays striker so often these days. Kuyt's form is up and down for me and the rest are unproven but with potential.

Got to say Rafa's explanations of how much attacking force Liverpool now have are not convincing. I know we have Babel, El Zhar and Nemeth and others, but how about some proven quality strikers? All we have are Torres and now Gerrard, as he plays striker so often these days. Kuyt's form is up and down for me and the rest are unproven but with potential.

i just don't see us as being any weaker, jim. keane showed that he couldn't play as a lone front man and couldn't adapt to play in a three behind a lone front man, so we're no worse off. it does mean the likes of babel and benayoun have to step their acts up now, but then that was always going to be the case. as was worrying about torres getting injured again.

tell you what though, there's an england - spain friendly later this month. torres must not be allowed to play in it.

i just don't see us as being any weaker, jim. keane showed that he couldn't play as a lone front man and couldn't adapt to play in a three behind a lone front man, so we're no worse off. it does mean the likes of babel and benayoun have to step their acts up now, but then that was always going to be the case. as was worrying about torres getting injured again.

tell you what though, there's an england - spain friendly later this month. torres must not be allowed to play in it.

don't worry stevie, our boys will carry the flag for you :o

don't worry stevie, our boys will carry the flag for you :o

i hope they do james. and of course i also hope that they pick up career ending injuries.

well, seeing we don't really have a big spanish influence in our side, I guess you mean the English lads. Don't worry about Gerrard though, I am sure he will find a way to miss the game.

well, seeing we don't really have a big spanish influence in our side, I guess you mean the English lads. Don't worry about Gerrard though, I am sure he will find a way to miss the game.

i certainly hope so mate. prison time, possibly.

Stevie. have u seen darren harley take off a few of the liverpool lads on u tube? well worth a look for a giggle he is very good. takes off gerrard,rafa,jamie.etc etc

i haven't but if you had a link would be great!

Rafa Benitez: I wanted goals, Robbie Keane did not deliver

Robbie Keane may find it hard to believe, but there was a perplexed look on the face of Rafa Benitez yesterday at suggestions his treatment of the player was personal.

The sale of the striker by Liverpool, just six months after his £20million arrival, led many to believe that the Anfield boss was playing political games.

Those close to Keane even ventured the idea that Benitez was "playing with his head". But for the unemotional Spaniard, the truth was simper – he needed to cut his losses.

And he was adamant he had not taken a risk in leaving his squad dangerously short of strikers. "It is not a gamble. The Liverpool squad is good enough. If you have two or three injuries it's part of the game, and we have shown we can cope.

"What are you expecting from a striker? Goals. And a second striker? Goals.

"We have people like Torres and Gerrard that can guarantee a lot of goals, and then Kuyt, Babel and Ngog or the other players, I think they will score goals, too. So it is not a gamble."

And on the last-minute decision to offload Keane, he added: "You have to try to be objective, not personal, and we had to decide quickly. It was a situation that, at his age, couldn't keep going on.

"If you know something's not working you have to do something now. Sometimes you can have a really good player, but he doesn't perform when he goes to another team.

"We looked at everything and said we had to do it and it's a good deal in terms of cutting our losses.

"At his age it could have been worse if we had waited longer and he continued without performing."

It was a hard, calculated decision that was based on financial reality.

Benitez added: "Could you see Keane scoring a lot of goals? We were talking about 'maybe, maybe', but we had to make a decision based on reason. He was not playing at the level he can play at.

"We had a very good offer for a player who is 28 and wasn't playing at the level we were expecting so maybe it was good for him and us.

"I'm the manager and have to make the decisions and take the responsibility. We were trying to make him improve, trying to get him into the system with the other players, but sometimes it doesn't work.

"Normally Keane can guarantee goals but he couldn't in this situation."

Benitez said he did try to persuade Spurs to throw in Aaron Lennon as part of the deal, but when they refused to budge at the last minute, decided to proceed anyway.

"Tottenham were talking about giving us certain players. We thought that would be the right way with the right names," he explained.

"But then, in the last day, we decided that we had to do it with the deal that we had on the table – we knew as a club that we had to do it. We were talking and everybody agreed that we had to do it now."

Benitez was also eager yesterday to stress that Liverpool could still get their money back on Keane. Contrary to reports emanating from Spurs, the fee was in excess of £15m, and could rise to almost £20m with add-ons.

"The difference could be nothing if they win trophies," he said.

The furore over Keane completely overshadowed tonight's latest instalment of the Merseyside derby, as Liverpool visit Everton for their FA Cup fourth round replay.

Benitez, who will consider resting some players tonight, said: "Playing away will be different because in front of their own fans they will have to attack more, and that will give us space."

By David Maddock 4/02/2009

Mirror Uk

That clears that up, now lets move on and support the players we have to do the job!

Edited by Devil

Rafa Benitez: I wanted goals, Robbie Keane did not deliver

Robbie Keane may find it hard to believe, but there was a perplexed look on the face of Rafa Benitez yesterday at suggestions his treatment of the player was personal.

The sale of the striker by Liverpool, just six months after his £20million arrival, led many to believe that the Anfield boss was playing political games.

Those close to Keane even ventured the idea that Benitez was "playing with his head". But for the unemotional Spaniard, the truth was simper – he needed to cut his losses.

And he was adamant he had not taken a risk in leaving his squad dangerously short of strikers. "It is not a gamble. The Liverpool squad is good enough. If you have two or three injuries it's part of the game, and we have shown we can cope.

"What are you expecting from a striker? Goals. And a second striker? Goals.

"We have people like Torres and Gerrard that can guarantee a lot of goals, and then Kuyt, Babel and Ngog or the other players, I think they will score goals, too. So it is not a gamble."

And on the last-minute decision to offload Keane, he added: "You have to try to be objective, not personal, and we had to decide quickly. It was a situation that, at his age, couldn't keep going on.

"If you know something's not working you have to do something now. Sometimes you can have a really good player, but he doesn't perform when he goes to another team.

"We looked at everything and said we had to do it and it's a good deal in terms of cutting our losses.

"At his age it could have been worse if we had waited longer and he continued without performing."

It was a hard, calculated decision that was based on financial reality.

Benitez added: "Could you see Keane scoring a lot of goals? We were talking about 'maybe, maybe', but we had to make a decision based on reason. He was not playing at the level he can play at.

"We had a very good offer for a player who is 28 and wasn't playing at the level we were expecting so maybe it was good for him and us.

"I'm the manager and have to make the decisions and take the responsibility. We were trying to make him improve, trying to get him into the system with the other players, but sometimes it doesn't work.

"Normally Keane can guarantee goals but he couldn't in this situation."

Benitez said he did try to persuade Spurs to throw in Aaron Lennon as part of the deal, but when they refused to budge at the last minute, decided to proceed anyway.

"Tottenham were talking about giving us certain players. We thought that would be the right way with the right names," he explained.

"But then, in the last day, we decided that we had to do it with the deal that we had on the table – we knew as a club that we had to do it. We were talking and everybody agreed that we had to do it now."

Benitez was also eager yesterday to stress that Liverpool could still get their money back on Keane. Contrary to reports emanating from Spurs, the fee was in excess of £15m, and could rise to almost £20m with add-ons.

"The difference could be nothing if they win trophies," he said.

The furore over Keane completely overshadowed tonight's latest instalment of the Merseyside derby, as Liverpool visit Everton for their FA Cup fourth round replay.

Benitez, who will consider resting some players tonight, said: "Playing away will be different because in front of their own fans they will have to attack more, and that will give us space."

By David Maddock 4/02/2009

Mirror Uk

That clears that up, now lets move on and support the players we have to do the job!

Sorry not the Spurs thread but this just in.......

Keane given Tottenham captaincy

Keane second spell at Spurs has brought with it the captains armband

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has made Robbie Keane his side's new captain following the striker's return to White Hart Lane from Liverpool.

The 28-year-old Republic of Ireland star re-signed for Spurs only six months after leaving for Anfield and takes the armband from Ledley King.

"I just felt with Robbie coming in there would be a new impetus with him as captain," said Redknapp.

"He can give an awful lot. He is a big personality and we are a quiet team."

Keane has signed a four-year contract at Spurs, with the fee starting at £12m and rising with add-ons.

He has returned to the club where he made 254 appearances and scored 107 goals between August 2002 and July 2008.

The former Wolves, Coventry, Inter Milan and Leeds forward often deputised for King as captain during his first spell with Spurs. I am delighted the transfer window has finished - I hope that this time next season I do not have to bring anybody in during the transfer window, there is nothing I would like better

"If Robbie has something to say, he is going to say it," stated Redknapp. "He is a leader and has the personality to be a captain of Tottenham."

Defender King, who is currently sidelined because of a hamstring injury, will remain as club captain but Keane will lead the team.

Redknapp revealed both King and fellow centre-half Jonathan Woodgate, who was appointed captain on a temporary basis, were fully behind the change.

"I have spoken to Ledley, who is injured, and also to Jonathan Woodgate about it and they have been fine about it," added Redknapp. "Jonathan said, 'Nothing will change. I still want to be a leader out there,' which is good."

Redknapp has been one of the busiest managers during the January transfer window, spending £45m to shape his team into one capable of a successful fight against relegation from the Premier League. 606: DEBATE

I don't believe his heart was ever in it at Anfield - back at the right place now though!!!

With Spurs currently sitting 14th in the Premier League and only a point above the relegation zone, Redknapp is relieved the window has now shut so he can focus on his squad's form.

"I am delighted it is all finished. I hope that this time next season I do not have to bring anybody in during the transfer window, there is nothing I would like better," he said.

"This year, because of our situation, we needed to strengthen the squad and that is what we did. The chairman Daniel Levy has been terrific and been so supportive. I did not think we would get Robbie Keane, I thought there was no way Liverpool were going to sell him but the chairman has worked on that and done well to get him in.

"Now I feel we have got a squad that can push on."

Stevie. have u seen darren harley take off a few of the liverpool lads on u tube? well worth a look for a giggle he is very good. takes off gerrard,rafa,jamie.etc etc

i have man, he's good. he needs to keep updating his repertoire though as every time he nails one of them we sell the player.

Strange performance against Everton and one I want to forget. I have to say now the initial feelings of loosing to them has started to pass I am almost slightly relieved to be out of the FA Cup and can concentrate on the two other Cups, I knew we should of killed them of in the first match.

Fair play to them anyway they wanted it more than us on the night and its the most attacking performance I have seen with Moyes at the helm. Maybe he wanted Raffa to eat his words?

I hope we get some news on the Gerrard injury today and he only has to miss the England game and back for Pompey.

Lucas oh Lucas yet again... I could see that coming the moment he got the first yellow.

Every time I have seen Babel come on and play central he looks more confident and aggressive than when he plays out wide but I am really concerned about were goals will come from without Gerrard or Torres.

Not here to rub salt in the wounds over the game last night but I find Rafa's comments below concerning SG injury a bit much.

“When I took him off last week, people were saying he should be playing all the time, every minute,” said the Liverpool manager.

“Well now you see the consequences of that.

“We have to check after a scan and I don’t know, we have to wait.

“He was injured. He asked for the substitution.

“Last week he was tired but you can see now the consequences.”

Blaming the media fans for the injury?

In his defense though, I do love his comeback to Capello...

And in a barbed reference to the insistence of England coach Fabio Capello that Gerrard travel to London to be assessed when he last pulled out of an international with an injury, Benitez added: “Maybe he has to go to do three scans at the same time just in case there are any doubts.”

he isn't 'blaming' the media for gerrard's injury, james. he's just, correctly, pointing out that he maybe knows more about football than they do.

I don't totally disagree, however, if he had left him on instead of taking him off perhaps this game would not have been neccessary. Who knows for sure.

The guy needs a course in media training though.

I don't totally disagree, however, if he had left him on instead of taking him off perhaps this game would not have been neccessary. Who knows for sure.

The guy needs a course in media training though.

you're way off here james, he took gerrard off against wigan in the league. wouldn't have affected the cup match against everton at all.