Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

james lad, you really are spectacularly easily amused man.

actually found it quite funny, t-shirt and all. Anyways, gonna go to the CL topic and speculate on possible ties.

Anyways, the attached image is the one we all have of SG in our minds. :o He's the one on the left.

Edited by bkkjames

Theres a Liverpool fan on Udonmap who had a tenner on Liverpool to win 3-1 at odds of 50/1 at the bookies.

He was certainly thinking "I'm in the money" before Dossena whose done <deleted> all all season scored the fourth in injury time ! :o

Theres a Liverpool fan on Udonmap who had a tenner on Liverpool to win 3-1 at odds of 50/1 at the bookies.

He was certainly thinking "I'm in the money" before Dossena whose done <deleted> all all season scored the fourth in injury time ! :o

shi*t!

hehe. mate of mine back home had us to win 3-0 against madrid and dossena fuc_ked him too. :D

hehe. mate of mine back home had us to win 3-0 against madrid and dossena fuc_ked him too. :D

the old doss is probably due a bonus from the bookies.

i was asked a question on saturday. fill in the blanks. to be honest i'm rubbish at this kind of trivia and wondered if any of you could assist?

what was the three musketeers' television motto? (fill in the blanks) : - "All ............ ............ and ............ ............ All"

james? anyone?

i was asked a question on saturday. fill in the blanks. to be honest i'm rubbish at this kind of trivia and wondered if any of you could assist?

what was the three musketeers' television motto? (fill in the blanks) : - "All 4 1 and 1 4 All"

james? anyone?

You must have a lot of time on your hands up there in the sticks. While on the trivia thingy, when was the last time LP won the league?

1) 1942

2) 1966

3) 1800 BC

Edited by bkkjames

what was the three musketeers' television motto? (fill in the blanks) : - "All 4 1 and 1 4 All"

james? anyone?

You must have a lot of time on your hands up there in the sticks. While on the trivia thingy, when was the last time LP won the league?

1) 1942

2) 1966

3) 1800 BC

:o "All 4 1 and 1 4 All"

Ya Devil, that is very funny - not quite as funny as this though...

Year_________Champion___________Runner-up

---- -------- ---------

2008-2009 Three-peat__________Chelsea (still to be confirmed but...)

2007-2008 Manchester United______Chelsea

2006-2007 Manchester United______Chelsea

2005-2006 Chelsea_______________Manchester United

2004-2005 Chelsea_______________Arsenal

2003-2004 Arsenal_______________Chelsea

2002-2003 Manchester United______Arsenal

2001-2002 Arsenal_______________Liverpool

2000-2001 Manchester United______Arsenal

1999-2000 Manchester United______Arsenal

1998-99 Manchester United_______Arsenal

1997-98 Arsenal_______________Manchester United

1996-97 Manchester United______Newcastle United

1995-96 Manchester United______Newcastle United

1994-95 Blackburn Rovers_______Manchester United

1993-94 Manchester United______Blackburn Rovers

1992-93 Manchester United______Aston Villa

1991-92 Leeds United__________Manchester United

1990-91 Arsenal_______________Liverpool

In the last 18 seasons LP has finished 2nd twice. No matter what riddle or one liner you come up with - there is no hiding from this fact. :o Now that's hilarious.

yep. and too much truth is generally mind-numbingly dull. :o

Sorry, i forgot the average education of LP supporters is grade 8. Will try to lower my standards in future posts.

Perhaps I can ensure that at least 3 emoticons are included for those who can't read.

what was the three musketeers' television motto? (fill in the blanks) : - "All ............ ............ and ............ ............ All"

james? anyone?

i was asked the same question and i answered

4 points clear and 1 game in hand :o

james? anyone?

4 points clear and 1 game in hand :D

Just 4 points clear, that explains all the jumpy Man U fans that keep telling me this. Well as long as your all so sure then :o

james? anyone?

Stevie, Devil Hungry Jacks _Denny'sanyone?

:o

james? anyone?

hehe. it's getting to the point where we can't even throw 18-5 at you any more. we've only got that one for a guaranteed 14 months more. :o

james? anyone?

hehe. it's getting to the point where we can't even throw 18-5 at you any more. we've only got that one for a guaranteed 14 months more. :D

Denial is a wonderful thing :o

CRUYFF: EVERYONE FEARS LIVERPOOL

Jimmy Rice 17 March 2009 LFC TV

Johan Cruyff believes Liverpool have replaced Manchester United as the team everyone wants to avoid in the Champions League.

The Dutch master was synonymous with Total Football during his playing days - but even he was impressed with the way Rafa Benitez's side dispatched Real Madrid and United.

He is keen for former club Barcelona to avoid the Reds in Friday's Champions League quarter-final draw - and thinks teams around Europe will feel the same.

"Against Madrid, Liverpool became a steamroller, and for sure, many of those who feared playing against Manchester United don't want to face Liverpool now," said Cruyff.

"Because of the manner in which they demolished Madrid and then thrashed United they are clearly the side everyone will want to avoid.

"Barcelona can defeat any team, but I'm sure they have noticed Liverpool now.

"They were two convincing and prestigious victories."

STELLAR SHOW BY FAITHFUL TORRES ECLIPSES RONALDO

The Independent 17 March 2009

Was it really just that Rafa Benitez picked up Sir Alex Ferguson, put him in his pocket, and administered the mother of all tactical tours de force?

Or could it also have been of some significance that Cristiano Ronaldo, the reigning world player of the year, was at times made to look like an inconsequential bit player beside his potential successor Fernando Torres?

Naturally, given all the previous, the Benitez-Ferguson issue had most play, and certainly it is true that the master of Anfield's deployment of both Torres and Steven Gerrard achieved a remarkable coup in the disintegration, for a day at least, of Nemanja Vidic.

But then we can go only so far with Benitez versus Ferguson, partly because the Liverpool manager, except for urging potential allies to attack the centre of United's defence with as much resource as they can muster for the rest of the season, largely resisted the urge to give back some of the recent ridicule aimed at him by the Old Trafford commander.

Their rival achievements and strengths are well enough established to override any sweeping conclusions based on a single match between the teams, including the theory that Vidic has necessarily been diminished to the point that he is no longer one of his team's greatest strengths but suddenly a most glaring weakness.

Less speculative is the fact that Benitez has in Torres a brilliant centrepiece to all his hopes while Ferguson in Ronaldo does not. Certainly not for so much of a season which some expected to be nothing so much as an extended coronation; nor, on current evidence, in the foreseeable future.

No doubt there will be cries that this is harsh, especially when it is remembered that Ronaldo headed United beautifully into a secure position against Internazionale and then nosed United into the lead against Liverpool.

Yes, there is some danger of over-simplification, not least in the fact that if Torres received magnificent support from such as Gerrard and Javier Mascherano, Ronaldo was not exactly surrounded by optimum performance from his team-mates, either against Internazionale or Liverpool. Indeed, if you wanted to define United despair at the end of a week of considerable dishevelment it was probably the sight of Michael Carrick, arguably their most influential player this season, being withdrawn from the challenge of breaking down a Liverpool defence which had allegedly become slow enough to be charged with loitering.

However, there can be no dispute about the fact that against Real Madrid and United, Torres was nothing less than luminous as he made Fabio Cannavaro, Italy's captain and the man of the 2006 World Cup, look old and distraught, and then proceeded to undermine so severely the Player of the Year candidacy of Vidic. This was not so much a surge of form as confirmation of both superb talent and a burning competitive spirit.

Among his other woes, Ferguson could only have yearned for even hints of such commitment from his own superstar.

In a few weeks of fragile fitness Torres has become a fierce disciple of Benitez's cause. He wears a Liverpool heart on his sleeve, while, it it is difficult not to conclude, Ronaldo mostly sports one kind of advertisement or another for himself. Ferguson will no doubt bridle at this suggestion as much as the one that Benitez took him to the strategic and tactical cleaners, but the belief here is that it will be with less justification.

Whatever the undoubted cleverness of Benitez's work in Europe, where he twice left the messiah Jose Mourinho resorting to nothing more resourceful than long balls, he has never before been close to Ferguson's supreme quality of investing unbridled faith in his players.

This was most startling about Liverpool's eruption against both Real and United. Neither triumph was, whatever Benitez's most fervent admirers say, primarily about tactical pragmatism. They were the fruit of players operating at the peak of their powers. Torres and to an almost equal extent, Gerrard, played with a wonderful freedom and while Benitez can fairly claim that he has not often enough had both men available at the same time, there is also no great case for him, as there is for Ferguson, as a coach with an instinct for taking away the leash – at least until now.

For Ferguson the agony last week was the underperformance of players he has nurtured so relentlessly. While Torres flew, Ronaldo mostly fluttered. Yes, there are some considerable points to be made in defence of Ronaldo. In every game he attracts small battalions of markers. His physical resilience is remarkable, and, a glance at their records tells you, far more so than the injury-prone Spaniard. He remains, with the possible exception of Wayne Rooney, the United player most likely to produce a sublime intervention, as we saw last week when the two of them combined to snuff out the rising hopes of Mourinho.

So where is the most pressing point of comparison? It is in the sense of Torres' commitment, of a determination to inflict all that he has for the benefit of the team.

Torres and Gerrard are at present emitting it from their very pores. Lionel Messi, along with blinding virtuosity, is doing the same on behalf of Barcelona. But Ronaldo is not and this, surely, gives Ferguson quite as much concern as the fact that Vidic went missing for a day.

Ronaldo's absence, after all, has been rather more protracted – a fact illuminated by nothing so much as the passion of Fernando Torres.

The Independent 17 March 2009

Was it really just that Rafa Benitez picked up Sir Alex Ferguson, put him in his pocket, and administered the mother of all tactical tours de force?

Or could it also have been of some significance that Cristiano Ronaldo, the reigning world player of the year, was at times made to look like an inconsequential bit player beside his potential successor Fernando Torres?

Naturally, given all the previous, the Benitez-Ferguson issue had most play, and certainly it is true that the master of Anfield's deployment of both Torres and Steven Gerrard achieved a remarkable coup in the disintegration, for a day at least, of Nemanja Vidic.

But then we can go only so far with Benitez versus Ferguson, partly because the Liverpool manager, except for urging potential allies to attack the centre of United's defence with as much resource as they can muster for the rest of the season, largely resisted the urge to give back some of the recent ridicule aimed at him by the Old Trafford commander.

Their rival achievements and strengths are well enough established to override any sweeping conclusions based on a single match between the teams, including the theory that Vidic has necessarily been diminished to the point that he is no longer one of his team's greatest strengths but suddenly a most glaring weakness.

Less speculative is the fact that Benitez has in Torres a brilliant centrepiece to all his hopes while Ferguson in Ronaldo does not. Certainly not for so much of a season which some expected to be nothing so much as an extended coronation; nor, on current evidence, in the foreseeable future.

No doubt there will be cries that this is harsh, especially when it is remembered that Ronaldo headed United beautifully into a secure position against Internazionale and then nosed United into the lead against Liverpool.

Yes, there is some danger of over-simplification, not least in the fact that if Torres received magnificent support from such as Gerrard and Javier Mascherano, Ronaldo was not exactly surrounded by optimum performance from his team-mates, either against Internazionale or Liverpool. Indeed, if you wanted to define United despair at the end of a week of considerable dishevelment it was probably the sight of Michael Carrick, arguably their most influential player this season, being withdrawn from the challenge of breaking down a Liverpool defence which had allegedly become slow enough to be charged with loitering.

However, there can be no dispute about the fact that against Real Madrid and United, Torres was nothing less than luminous as he made Fabio Cannavaro, Italy's captain and the man of the 2006 World Cup, look old and distraught, and then proceeded to undermine so severely the Player of the Year candidacy of Vidic. This was not so much a surge of form as confirmation of both superb talent and a burning competitive spirit.

Among his other woes, Ferguson could only have yearned for even hints of such commitment from his own superstar.

In a few weeks of fragile fitness Torres has become a fierce disciple of Benitez's cause. He wears a Liverpool heart on his sleeve, while, it it is difficult not to conclude, Ronaldo mostly sports one kind of advertisement or another for himself. Ferguson will no doubt bridle at this suggestion as much as the one that Benitez took him to the strategic and tactical cleaners, but the belief here is that it will be with less justification.

Whatever the undoubted cleverness of Benitez's work in Europe, where he twice left the messiah Jose Mourinho resorting to nothing more resourceful than long balls, he has never before been close to Ferguson's supreme quality of investing unbridled faith in his players.

This was most startling about Liverpool's eruption against both Real and United. Neither triumph was, whatever Benitez's most fervent admirers say, primarily about tactical pragmatism. They were the fruit of players operating at the peak of their powers. Torres and to an almost equal extent, Gerrard, played with a wonderful freedom and while Benitez can fairly claim that he has not often enough had both men available at the same time, there is also no great case for him, as there is for Ferguson, as a coach with an instinct for taking away the leash – at least until now.

For Ferguson the agony last week was the underperformance of players he has nurtured so relentlessly. While Torres flew, Ronaldo mostly fluttered. Yes, there are some considerable points to be made in defence of Ronaldo. In every game he attracts small battalions of markers. His physical resilience is remarkable, and, a glance at their records tells you, far more so than the injury-prone Spaniard. He remains, with the possible exception of Wayne Rooney, the United player most likely to produce a sublime intervention, as we saw last week when the two of them combined to snuff out the rising hopes of Mourinho.

So where is the most pressing point of comparison? It is in the sense of Torres' commitment, of a determination to inflict all that he has for the benefit of the team.

Torres and Gerrard are at present emitting it from their very pores. Lionel Messi, along with blinding virtuosity, is doing the same on behalf of Barcelona. But Ronaldo is not and this, surely, gives Ferguson quite as much concern as the fact that Vidic went missing for a day.

Ronaldo's absence, after all, has been rather more protracted – a fact illuminated by nothing so much as the passion of Fernando Torres.

The old LP cut-paste pat on the back syndrome - yawn.

Edited by bkkjames

James you really are a strange one. Do you never have anything to contribute of worth? Again may I remind you 4 - 1 more time :o This is a LFC thread for News related to LFC and this IMHO is a really interesting article ...

Edited by Devil

James you really are a strange one. Do you never have anything to contribute of worth? Again may I remind you 4 - 1 more time :D This is a LFC thread for News related to LFC and this IMHO is a really interesting article ...

I suggest you bookmark that page so you can refer to it as the highlight of 2008/9 season. May I remind you that LP has only 2 2nds to show for all their history in the league since 1990.

The amazing thing is you believe that even if we slip up and blow our lead that somehow you lot are actually going to finish ahead of Chelsea. :o

James you really are a strange one. Do you never have anything to contribute of worth? Again may I remind you 4 - 1 more time :D This is a LFC thread for News related to LFC and this IMHO is a really interesting article ...

thanks for posting that dev, i, being a liverpool fan and this a liverpool thread, thoroughly enjoyed it. :o

LOL jim, by that token I should then ban all the ManU, Liverpool, Chelski's that seem to love to venture into my thread

but truth is, I think regardless of what ever teams we support, we should be able to have good banter with each other.

plus as I have often mentioned, I know they are all closeted Arsenal fans, hence why they come visit me so much :o

EXCLUSIVE: RAFA SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

Paul Rogers 18 March 2009 LFC TV

Rafa Benitez has signed a contract extension with Liverpool FC, keeping him at the club until 2014.

The Liverpool manager has extended his current deal, which took him to the end of next season, by a further four years.

"My heart is with Liverpool Football Club, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said Rafa. "I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club like this and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying. I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

The completion of contract talks with Rafa is the third major boost for Liverpool fans in recent days, coming after fabulous wins against Real Madrid in the Champions League and Manchester United in the Premier League. The 4-1 win at Old Trafford saw Rafa achieve 100 league wins in the third fastest period of time for a Liverpool manager, surpassing Bill Shankly.

Liverpool Co-Chairman Tom Hicks said: "It is wonderful news that Rafa has made a long-term commitment to the football club. Since he became manager in 2004, he has been responsible for the great progress we have made. I know he will continue to build on his achievements as he has a tremendous hunger and desire to bring more success to the club - success our fans and everyone connected with the club deserves."

Co-Chairman George Gillett added: "With Rafa continuing to manage the team, we can look forward to more great football and success on the pitch. He has special abilities and qualities which are admired here at the club and around the world. Coming after our excellent wins over Real Madrid and Manchester United, this gives us great momentum going into the final stages of the season."

Rafa joined the Reds in 2004 following a successful period in charge of Spanish club Valencia, who he guided to two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup success.

While he has been at the helm, Liverpool won the UEFA Champions League in Istanbul in 2005, the FA Cup the following year and reached another Champions League final in Athens in 2007. He has also overseen success in both the UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield.

The club are currently the number one team in Europe according to UEFA's co-efficient ranking system, based on results over the past five years in European competition.