Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

The Egyptian King! it reminded me or Suarez against United but from the other side, Torres did it against someone too, in great company and only 24 years old!

220M in the summer if we don't make CL :smile:

Salah if he continues to improve might well end up in that bracket.

Superb player.

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It was very difficult to accept a draw when you are 2-1 up off a masterful goal by The King well in to injury time, in saying that I'd have taken a draw when the Kane pen was given.

In the first half we should have been 2-3 up, they were no threat. The second half we just dropped off massively and gave them too much of the ball, and the subs unfortunately compounded that fact. Still in no way I believe Spurs deserved 3 points.

To be 3 up you would have had to score with all your shots cos you only had 3 on target all game ! 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

To be 3 up you would have had to score with all your shots cos you only had 3 on target all game ! 

Where did I say due to shots on target we should 3 up? 

Half of your shots were a worldly and penalties that shouldn’t have been given, both offside nevermind the <deleted> dive by Pamela 

• Like 1

Five or six pages and counting, devoted to one match. ThaiV footy threads record?

For the neutral (Arsenal still won't win the 3-way race for 4th, though I did moan when the Reds scored their go-ahead second goal and did punch the air at the unexpected eventual equaliser) it was a disappointing game* until the final quarter, when it became one of the most eventful of the season that I can recall.

Spurs v Arsenal going to be a behind the sofa job then. Even more 'must win' for both teams than the Anfield game

* neither team seemed to string much together consistently

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well it was a massive game in terms of top four and a really good game for viewers.  Add to that late goals, spectacular goals and contentious decisions its hardly surprising and i;m afraid neither side is going to agree as opinions seem to be polar opposites.

Anyway, perhaps we should all take a step back and laugh at Chelsea!!!

Crikey ! How the mighty have fallen. Conte doing everything but begging to be sacked.

His call for support from management the other day was a dare.

Edited by jellydog

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well it was a massive game in terms of top four and a really good game for viewers.  Add to that late goals, spectacular goals and contentious decisions its hardly surprising and i;m afraid neither side is going to agree as opinions seem to be polar opposites.

Anyway, perhaps we should all take a step back and laugh at Chelsea!!!

Jeez - you mean they lost last night Carmine? Didn't look cos I wanted to watch the recast later. I don't mind knowing if they lost - make that 4 teams playing for 2 spots - that puts us back in real contention even more with you two drawing!

You three pretty much a case of who can spot the difference at this stage - in terms of prospects for the rest of the season. We are still well behind on points and have a terrible GD, but maybe a higher hope factor (would not put it higher than that - the duo could still flop and Everton is no guide - from our new arrivals. As always, injuries/returns will still probably be a big factor.

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Where did I say due to shots on target we should 3 up? 

Half of your shots were a worldly and penalties that shouldn’t have been given, both offside nevermind the <deleted> dive by Pamela 

You didn't and i never said you did :wacko:

58 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i think liverpool look a bit knackered and our small squad, klopp's high tempo way of playing and of course selling coutinho are going to make us struggle on the run-in. we can only rely on salah so much.

i still hold out hope of catching united though to be fair. considering how negative and crap they've been this season it rather annoys me that they're still second.

Aint that the truth. Even ManU bar friends here can't believe they are where they are this season! Mourinho factor seems to work as long as your fans adopt a "never mind the bollux quality .... " factor, which I'm not sure they do.

22 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Aint that the truth. Even ManU bar friends here can't believe they are where they are this season! Mourinho factor seems to work as long as your fans adopt a "never mind the bollux quality .... " factor, which I'm not sure they do.

Very true, United fans expect winning but with some swagger.  I can only think of one fan i'm aware of thats happy with the current style of play so i rest my case.  You can clearly see where the owners interests  are by virtue of his new contract.  Its a "screw how we play as long as we can somehow grind out results and maintain CL qualification and maybe a domestic cup focus", not at all what became the expectations of the Ferguson era.

22 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Crikey, no mention of the score for the under 23's game last night, i take it that you lost then ?

What on earth did Lallana think he was playing at!!  Never seen him react anything bordering like that before.

Edited by carmine

4 hours ago, carmine said:

What on earth did Lallana think he was playing at!!  Never seen him react anything bordering like that before.

Got an elbow in the back of his head. Allegedly was kicked all over the shop but I haven't seen the game so can't confirm......in any event, no excuse for throttling anybody.....unless it happens to be Ander Herrera. Kudos to Jan!:thumbsup:

Spotted: Jan Vertonghen grabs Ander Herrera by the throat in Man United defeat

49 minutes ago, wilai said:

Got an elbow in the back of his head. Allegedly was kicked all over the shop but I haven't seen the game so can't confirm......in any event, no excuse for throttling anybody.....unless it happens to be Ander Herrera. Kudos to Jan!:thumbsup:

Spotted: Jan Vertonghen grabs Ander Herrera by the throat in Man United defeat

Yes Herrera really is a horrid little shit isn't he!!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

None of them are under the current manager, that was "tricky" Rodgers era  :sleepy:

And?  Klopp's no different and neither is any manager if they can get an edge on the opponent.  Move on Bob,  you're not talking you're normal good sense!!  :smile:

Incidentally, i still really miss Brendon's press conferences and some of the spectular lines he used to come out with.  In terms of self promotion i've never seen the like!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

And?  Klopp's no different and neither is any manager if they can get an edge on the opponent.  Move on Bob,  you're not talking you're normal good sense!!  :smile:

Incidentally, i still really miss Brendon's press conferences and some of the spectular lines he used to come out with.  In terms of self promotion i've never seen the like!!

I did take your advice ton let it go then Alfie decided to follow up, I didn’t want to be rude ?

For your Brendan fix, have a watch of Darren Farley on YouTube ?

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Well have look at this one (4.13) Bobby, Salah going down quicker than you in Nana plaza  :biggrin:

He actually did pull him back though, and VAR decided it was a foul, if VAR was used on your lads last week they'd all have match bans. Ps. I used to go down much quicker than that in Nana :ph34r:

• Like 1