Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was aiming for a reply from the 'wonderful world of R2D2'.

But like your team in crucial games, your aim is off target. Speaking of targets how's the sheiks 10 year plan coming. Think it included a CL win but we are now approaching year 11 and you are no closer and with a manager who has not had a sniff for a few years either and your youth set up is err set up to play for other clubs and foden is just a poster boy for a forgotten investment. Meanwhile LFC are fielding TAA amd Gomez twograduates of our youth teams and between them they have more games under their belt in 1 season than all city youth players currently on the books in the last 3 years. To make matters worse for city the manager is a very sore loser amd his lack of grace is rubbing off on fans who should just be thankful they have an Arab injection bending them over and pumping them with oil money.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

But like your team in crucial games, your aim is off target. Speaking of targets how's the sheiks 10 year plan coming. Think it included a CL win but we are now approaching year 11 and you are no closer and with a manager who has not had a sniff for a few years either and your youth set up is err set up to play for other clubs and foden is just a poster boy for a forgotten investment. Meanwhile LFC are fielding TAA amd Gomez twograduates of our youth teams and between them they have more games under their belt in 1 season than all city youth players currently on the books in the last 3 years. To make matters worse for city the manager is a very sore loser amd his lack of grace is rubbing off on fans who should just be thankful they have an Arab injection bending them over and pumping them with oil money.

Your posts sound more desperate and full of jealousy each and every time. Just concentrate on Liverpool winning something instead of thinking about us all the time. 

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Gomez was bought from Charlton; he is a product of their youth team, not Liverpools.

Overall, your comments about youth policies are a bit wide of the mark. In the last 10 years you have one more youth team graduate than City; who have none.

When you do buy other sides' young players, you do at least intend to play them. City are just as happy if they stop them playing for EPL rivals.

Edited by champers

22 minutes ago, champers said:

City are just as happy if they stop them playing for EPL rivals.

Sorry mate but your wrong there. The aim is to produce talented players to eventually come through to the first team. If they can't cut it then we sell them on for hopefully a profit. Nowhere is our plan to keep hold so they don't play for rivals

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry mate but your wrong there. The aim is to produce talented players to eventually come through to the first team. If they can't cut it then we sell them on for hopefully a profit. Nowhere is our plan to keep hold so they don't play for rivals

Rodwell, Sinclair, Roberts and Stones prove my argument, in my last paragraph, which was about buying young players from other clubs.

It is also a fact that no youth player at City has come through to establish himself in the 1st team since Sheikh Mansoor bought the club. That is just a plain fact, from the 2nd para of my post.

City, Liverpool and Chelsea don't bring through youth players. Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal do.

5 of the last 6 EPL titles were won by City or Chelsea, so they can justify their actions with titles, I suppose, but I don't like it.

Liverpool buy promising players, polish them up and sell them for a big profit: Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho are good examples. Salah and Firminho will surely follow; this seems to be their owners MO. Klopp can say what he likes about them staying, but he does not own the club.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Rodwell, Sinclair, Roberts and Stones prove my argument, in my last paragraph, which was about buying young players from other clubs.

Don't disagree with the majority of your points. The only bit I was objecting to was saying we buy to stop other clubs having them. We buy them to hopefully cut it. Sterling and has come on leaps and bounds and Stones is very much still part of Pep's plan, it's just that he has only just come back from injury, so needs to fight his way back in.

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't disagree with the majority of your points. The only bit I was objecting to was saying we buy to stop other clubs having them. We buy them to hopefully cut it. Sterling and has come on leaps and bounds and Stones is very much still part of Pep's plan, it's just that he has only just come back from injury, so needs to fight his way back in.

Sinclair was wanted by Brendan Rogers at Liverpool and Chelsea wanted Stones. City gazumped them both. Stones is 4th choice CB, now behind Laporte who you bought in January.

Spurs bought Deli Alli, loaned him back to MK for half a season then put him into the first team 2 months into his first season. At the end of that season he was an England player. If City had bought him would he ever have made the 1st team or would he be out on loan somewhere?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Sinclair was wanted by Brendan Rogers at Liverpool and Chelsea wanted Stones. City gazumped them both. Stones is 4th choice CB, now behind Laporte who you bought in January.

Spurs bought Deli Alli, loaned him back to MK for half a season then put him into the first team 2 months into his first season. At the end of that season he was an England player. If City had bought him would he ever have made the 1st team or would he be out on loan somewhere?

Don't forget Rodwell champers.

1 minute ago, champers said:

Stones was first choice till his injury. Deli Alli would have cut it anywhere. Sinclair ain't doing too good now, so probably didn't have what it needed

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Don't forget Rodwell champers.

His manager doesn't know where he is. Rodwell is on £70K a week and does not have a clause in his contract to reduce that wage if the team is relegated. Looks like Sunderland will have to sack him for gross misconduct for going AWOL.

21 minutes ago, champers said:

His manager doesn't know where he is. Rodwell is on £70K a week and does not have a clause in his contract to reduce that wage if the team is relegated. Looks like Sunderland will have to sack him for gross misconduct for going AWOL.

He's not actually gone AWOL Champs. Coleman was saying he "doesn't know where Rodwell is mentally" not that he doesn't know where he is physically

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He's not actually gone AWOL Champs. Coleman was saying he "doesn't know where Rodwell is mentally" not that he doesn't know where he is physically

I have looked again at the BBC article and it has a clarification about not being there mentally. I swear blind that when I read the article a couple of days ago no such distinction was made. Or ... I'm going dolally.

18 minutes ago, wilai said:

Bobby Firmino has signed a new long term deal....5 years apparently:clap2:

Should bump his value up. Buyout clause?

Firminho and Salah to replace Benzema and Bale would be my guess. RM are overdue a couple of marquee signings. Your owners will be quids/dollars in.

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Firminho and Salah to replace Benzema and Bale would be my guess. RM are overdue a couple of marquee signings. Your owners will be quids/dollars in.

AFAIK we don't agree Buyout Clauses (part of the issue with Can is that we won't give him one). 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, champers said:

Bad guess. Salah and the other two lads would be silly to move. Such a formidable force together will ensure with the right additions we lift trophis.  Not many pieces of the puzzle remain well.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Bad guess. Salah and the other two lads would be silly to move. Such a formidable force together will ensure with the right additions we lift trophis.  Not many pieces of the puzzle remain well.

Bad guess? Time will tell. If you lose at Chelsea next weekend and don't win the Champs League, you could end up in the Europa League next season.

Salah is going to have his salary upped to £175K a week. Do you think RM might be able to pay more? I do.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Bad guess? Time will tell. If you lose at Chelsea next weekend and don't win the Champs League, you could end up in the Europa League next season.

Salah is going to have his salary upped to £175K a week. Do you think RM might be able to pay more? I do.

I think he made a similar mistake signing for chelsea. That player is going nowhere after his last few years. Be crazy to move again and there's good chance to break a few records and win a few trophies. This is 175K were talking about too so it's a decent chunk this is not spurs it does not boil down to cash. We lose to Chelsea and win our remaining game we are in the CL. Tough end to a tough season and it does look scrappy now but we do have some very important matches to contend.

5 hours ago, champers said:

really? what happens if we beat brighton?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, champers said:

You're not being very realistic in this forecast of doom you seem to be painting.  I only read yesterday on here that all Spurs players were odd too!  Now Liverpool won't win the CL, lose their remaining league games and lose Salah too.  Cracking stuff

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

Buvac will not be around for the rest of the season due to 'Personal Reasons'....Rumours are that he has left the club due to a fallout with Jurgen but LFC state he remains the #2. 

How, after 17 years, at such a critical stage for all concerned, can this happen?

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Don't count on beating Brighton if you can't beat Stoke at home.

We drew the last 3 league games before big CL matches, because our lads have been playing the biggest 3 matches of their careers in between.

If we beat Roma, or proceed past Roma on Wednesday, focus will return, and we will get a at least a point at Chelsea, if not we will <deleted> Brighton. 

Edited by BangrakBob

11 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

How, after 17 years, at such a critical stage for all concerned, can this happen?

The rumours emanated from that knob Duncan Castles....Quite how he got an Anfield 'Scoop' is anyone's guess:sad: unless of course the club told the journos to keep schtum? Wish LFC would come clean when stories like this break! Comments such as ...."respecting his privacy" do anything but!

'

Edited by wilai