Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Nobody can challenge Man U? 4 points isn't much, we did the double over them this season, and last year they only won by 2 points. Nobody can challenge them? Get real. It will be incredibly hard for them to win 4 straight with strong Liverpool and Chelsea teams next season, and who knows if Arsenal will start to click more like they have the last several games, they could be in for a rude awakening next season, I think. It's all up for grabs in my book.

Nobody can challenge Man U? 4 points isn't much, we did the double over them this season, and last year they only won by 2 points. Nobody can challenge them? Get real. It will be incredibly hard for them to win 4 straight with strong Liverpool and Chelsea teams next season, and who knows if Arsenal will start to click more like they have the last several games, they could be in for a rude awakening next season, I think. It's all up for grabs in my book.

I agree and disagree JJ. Yes improved chelsea and arsenal would make it tougher to get no: 19, but an improved arsenal and chelsea would not be facing us alone :)

Anyways, as it has been clear to see, that doing the 2x against us, while impressive, wasn't the reason why you ended up brides maids was it?

Great finish to the season 3-1

Torres with his 50th goal for the club. I understand he has achieved this in only 84 games?

A wonderful send of from the Anfield faithful for Sami Hyypia that was great to see.

Reina just missing out the golden glove.

All in All a fantastic season, the way we play now as a team and with such a winning mentality. Just love it.

Bring on next season ASAP

YNWA

Great finish to the season 3-1

Torres with his 50th goal for the club. I understand he has achieved this in only 84 games?

A wonderful send of from the Anfield faithful for Sami Hyypia that was great to see.

Reina just missing out the golden glove.

All in All a fantastic season, the way we play now as a team and with such a winning mentality. Just love it.

Bring on next season ASAP

YNWA

Some great pics of Sami's farewell.

post-48660-1243243915_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1243243945_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1243243996_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1243244046_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1243244221_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1243244272_thumb.jpg

Edited by Devil

I think you'll win it next Season.

Singhy, haven't seen you on the forum lately (were you suspended?) - but are you feeling alright? :)

Yep Suspended for inflamatory remarks about Ledley King, i honestly think they'll win it if they build on their Squad & back up Players in the Summer..

Singhy, haven't seen you on the forum lately (were you suspended?) - but are you feeling alright? :)

Yep Suspended for inflamatory remarks about Ledley King, i honestly think they'll win it if they build on their Squad & back up Players in the Summer..

it'll be a massive ask because united are so far ahead financially and in terms of depth of squad too.

i think we're going to sell alonso to buy tevez and a few other players who will improve the squad overall. we'll be better for it but i'll be gutted to see xabi go.

it'll be a massive ask because united are so far ahead financially and in terms of depth of squad too.

i think we're going to sell alonso to buy tevez and a few other players who will improve the squad overall. we'll be better for it but i'll be gutted to see xabi go.

He'd be a huge loss if he was to go i think..

From a neutreul perspective, it's just your Squad that need improving on, not your first 11, of which Alonso does play a big part though..

Re: Alonso, i wont be gutted to see him go (he's been one of your top top players this year). Strange one this is. Barry's got big shoes to fill.

Nowhere near the Player that Alonso is, inmy opinion & a backward step..

From a neutreul perspective, it's just your Squad that need improving on, not your first 11, of which Alonso does play a big part though..

we've got no money. literally, we are fuc_king skint. as such if we want to buy another top class attacking player who can fill in when gerrard and/or torres is missing, we need to generate funds and alonso is the most likely way of doing that given the election at real madrid.

i think rafa sees getting barry into midfield along with lucas' ongoing improvement is a worthwhile trade-off against getting someone quality like tevez in up top.

i'll miss xabi hugely if he goes, he's a class act.

we've got no money. literally, we are fuc_king skint. as such if we want to buy another top class attacking player who can fill in when gerrard and/or torres is missing, we need to generate funds and alonso is the most likely way of doing that given the election at real madrid.

i think rafa sees getting barry into midfield along with lucas' ongoing improvement is a worthwhile trade-off against getting someone quality like tevez in up top.

i'll miss xabi hugely if he goes, he's a class act.

So would Rafa be thinking about changing Formation then to accomodate a Player like Tevez, the forward portion of the Formation anyway ??

Or would he be played in the Kuyt Role if he came ??

I do think Lucas will progress personally, would need Masch &/or Lucas to score a few more to compensate for the Alonso Goals you'd miss & they'd need to create more also if you were to win the League, Lucas i think could maybe evolve in that way, not sure if Masecharano will or even if you'd want him to..

So would Rafa be thinking about changing Formation then to accomodate a Player like Tevez, the forward portion of the Formation anyway ??

I do think Lucas will progress personally, would need Masch &/or Lucas to score a few more to compensate for the Alonso Goals you'd miss & they'd need to create more also if you were to win the League, Lucas i think could maybe evolve in that way, not sure if Masecharano will or even if you'd want him to..

i think we'd keep the same formation but we need extra quality options both up front and in the three behind torres if we're going to win the league. dream summer in terms of attacking options would be to bring in tevez and david silva, really top class options who can play in a few different positions. alonso doesn't really score very many btw.

in summary i think that a two from mascherano, barry and lucas plus a three from gerrard, kuyt, tevez, silva, benayoun and riera is stronger than what we've had this season.

i think we'd keep the same formation but we need extra quality options both up front and in the three behind torres if we're going to win the league. dream summer in terms of attacking options would be to bring in tevez and david silva, really top class options who can play in a few different positions. alonso doesn't really score very many btw.

in summary i think that a two from mascherano, barry and lucas plus a three from gerrard, kuyt, tevez, silva, benayoun and riera is stronger than what we've had this season.

He don't score many you're right but he scored more than those 2 did between them last Year & only played a about 60% of the Games they did between them, Lucas is the one to improve though me thinks..

I reckon his " assists " are pretty high too ??

& yeah those Players you mention would of course make you better on the whole, i just think personally that Barry instead of Alonso, in that particular area, would be step backwards but if Alonso does want to leave, maybe you haven't got that much of a choice..

stevie you say we are far ahead financially, well we are 700million pounds in debt we are finding it hard to service the debt! we have lost our major sponsor,we cannot afford to keep tevez at 22 milllion or more.

stevie you say we are far ahead financially, well we are 700million pounds in debt we are finding it hard to service the debt! we have lost our major sponsor,we cannot afford to keep tevez at 22 milllion or more.

sign of the times i know nev, but united generate 3m GBP more than liverpool in every home game, that's 57m a season more in gate receipts before you start on global merchandising operations etc. poor management of LFC under the david moores era and the pissing around with getting a new stadium started left us lagging way behind united in commercial terms, and that's before factoring in the steady ship that united have had under ferguson for so long. his development of the youth system meant that you were selling players nobody had heard of for 6m a go. we're still way behind in commercial terms whatever impact the debt servicing has.

He don't score many you're right but he scored more than those 2 did between them last Year & only played a about 60% of the Games they did between them, Lucas is the one to improve though me thinks..

I reckon his " assists " are pretty high too ??

& yeah those Players you mention would of course make you better on the whole, i just think personally that Barry instead of Alonso, in that particular area, would be step backwards but if Alonso does want to leave, maybe you haven't got that much of a choice..

mascherano will never score more than two in a season, it's just not his game. think there's more to come from lucas though. xabi's assists are decent yeah, but this summer we have to think about the whole rather than just the individual parts.

i'm not sure that xabi does want to leave but he's probably our most saleable asset outside of torres and gerrard (who nobody could afford anyway) so if madrid come in with a bid of 20m+ then i think we'll take it.

Breaking News on the Nation :)

PM'S PASSION

Newcastle? Yes Liverpool? No

For the record, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva doesn't think Liverpool are a great team.

Asked to comment on football matters for the second day in a row following his beloved Newcastle United's exit from the Premier League, Abhisit said he was not interested in going to watch Liverpool when the league's first runnerup visit Thailand in July.

"No, I'm not going. They aren't that good," he said. Whether that was tongue in cheeck, it wasn't quite clear.

Having pledged allegiance to Newcastle United after the team got relegated Sunday, Abhisit yesterday what mattered now was not "skills" but "heart" and "morale".

He said Alan Shearer, the temporary manager who is being tipped to get a permanent employment, would be the right man to toughen the club's fighting spirit and sort out the issue of certain players perceived by fans to be lacking heart.

When told that The Sun has reported Shearer was certain to get the job, Abhisit said: "Do you also read The Sun? I thought only [my Democrat aide] Sirichoke [sopa] does."

Abhisit yesterday what mattered now was not "skills" but "heart" and "morale".

presumably he takes that ethos into the running of a country? doesn't matter what you actually achieve so long as your heart is in the right place and you shout encouragement a lot?

Sometimes you need to cut your losses, which is what Hicks and Gillette should be doing. I'm sure this subject will come up again soon as their loan payment is due in July, is it? I'm holding out hope for this and getting rid of the owners who haven't delivered. Only good thing they did was get Torres.

If there is more money, Alonso could be kept. I don't know why he'd be afraid of Barry coming, as it just adds needed depth and Alonso should be glad for more competition as it seems the prospect of leaving Anfield prompted him to have his best season yet. I think no matter what we get with money used to sell him, it would leave a big gap in midfield that he has made his own.

story i have from a mate back home is that if alonso wants to go then the club will sell him, but that's dependent on a bid coming in. which makes you wonder just what funds we do have available. there's a question about whether the 15m we got back for keane is available in the summer yet, but we are in heavy discussion with joorabchian about tevez.

Sometimes you need to cut your losses, which is what Hicks and Gillette should be doing. I'm sure this subject will come up again soon as their loan payment is due in July, is it? I'm holding out hope for this and getting rid of the owners who haven't delivered. Only good thing they did was get Torres.

If there is more money, Alonso could be kept. I don't know why he'd be afraid of Barry coming, as it just adds needed depth and Alonso should be glad for more competition as it seems the prospect of leaving Anfield prompted him to have his best season yet. I think no matter what we get with money used to sell him, it would leave a big gap in midfield that he has made his own.

I agree with Jim, a Liverpool with Alonso will go very close next Year & a Liverpool with Alonso & Barry also, not necessarily starting every week, will go even closer..... :)

I agree with Jim, a Liverpool with Alonso will go very close next Year & a Liverpool with Alonso & Barry also, not necessarily starting every week, will go even closer..... :)

still needs more than that man, we need more quality in depth in the final third. at the minute we don't have it, centre mid is not our problem.

still needs more than that man, we need more quality in depth in the final third. at the minute we don't have it, centre mid is not our problem.

It's not you're right but it would be more of a problem Stevie IF Alonso was to go...

Tevez would be <deleted> huge & i cannot big the Fella up enough & i'm sure Mna Ure Fans would agree with me, if you think you appreciate Tevez as a Player, just wait til you watch him every Game when he becomes reminiscent of a Man possesed playing for your Team..

It's not you're right but it would be more of a problem Stevie IF Alonso was to go...

Tevez would be <deleted> huge & i cannot big the Fella up enough & i'm sure Mna Ure Fans would agree with me, if you think you appreciate Tevez as a Player, just wait til you watch him every Game when he becomes reminiscent of a Man possesed playing for your Team..

m it's a lesser problem if barry and tevez replace alonso. i rate alonso enormously but i do tevez too.